***Official June 2022 Thread***

We have our park days picked. This will be the first time we have a resort day in the middle of our trip and we are really excited about it! I added Genie + to our package with our TA. I just wanted it to already be booked and not have to worry about adding it every day. I really wish the dining plans would come back. We have always used a dining plan, so I am stressing out some on budgeting food for the week!
We stressed about that for our trip last summer, and actually wound up spending less than what we would have spent purchasing a dining plan. We did less snacks, but also didn't feel like we needed them. I am not anti-DDP. We have always had one and felt it was beneficial for us. Just letting you know that you will be OK if they don't bring it back- I was actually pleasantly surprised!

We have our park days picked. This will be the first time we have a resort day in the middle of our trip and we are really excited about it! I added Genie + to our package with our TA. I just wanted it to already be booked and not have to worry about adding it every day. I really wish the dining plans would come back. We have always used a dining plan, so I am stressing out some on budgeting food for the week!

We have done both DDP and NonDDP trips, and we have always spent less on the trips with no dining plan. I think its because when we don't have the dining plan we don't get things like snacks and desserts on the daily. Those things are figured into the DDP so you have to pay for then regardless. If you are worried about it though Just budget the amount you would have put into the dining plan, and you should be fine. Personally I feel the dining plan is terrible for people who like the plant based option as those plates are always cheaper than most meals on the menu. 😆 We did like using it during the food and wine festival though. Swapping a CS meal for three items was a pretty good deal!

I’m working on it! I want to make sure I’m ready for any changes, 30 day resies, 60 day resies, 120 day resies, you never know with how much things change. But we have several celebration dinners with multiple different families so I feel like I need to be ready for anything.

The whole 60 meal reservation thing has be a bit nervous. If I don't get everything I want there isn't much time to find it before we go. Especially with things like Space 2020 and Ohana.

Just booked a stay at Gran Destino Tower June 7-12! I went alone in October so I'm excited to go back and see more of the 50th with my husband this time!

Just found this thread! Booked at SSR from June 12 to June 19 after some time at Universal! I really hope more things come back. This is a rescheduled 2020 trip and we had an After Hours event booked. Crossing my fingers they come back!

Howdy! Our family will be there 6/3-6/6- SSR and 6/7-6/10 -Poly. No parks this time, just enjoying the resorts, Disney springs, the Disney outlets, Bubba Gumps, etc.
Just booked a stay at Gran Destino Tower June 7-12! I went alone in October so I'm excited to go back and see more of the 50th with my husband this time!
Just found this thread! Booked at SSR from June 12 to June 19 after some time at Universal! I really hope more things come back. This is a rescheduled 2020 trip and we had an After Hours event booked. Crossing my fingers they come back!

Hey guys, and welcome! I have added all of your trips, and look forward to hearing your plans.

Hello!!! We are staying at Polynesian June 1-8. We've stayed there once before and can't wait to be back. It'll be my husband's bday, our anniversary, and SIL's college graduation gift. Oh, and our 8yr old son too. Should be a blast.

The whole 60 meal reservation thing has be a bit nervous. If I don't get everything I want there isn't much time to find it before we go. Especially with things like Space 2020 and Ohana.
I agree- it's not a lot of time to adjust! We did OK last year- got both and Ohana breakfast and dinner. Dinner was early, maybe around 4 pm, but it worked out OK for us. SO glad they changed the shrimp back from that awful casserole thing!

Hello!!! We are staying at Polynesian June 1-8. We've stayed there once before and can't wait to be back. It'll be my husband's bday, our anniversary, and SIL's college graduation gift. Oh, and our 8yr old son too. Should be a blast.

Welcome! I have you added. My Husbands birthday is during our trip too. Hope V&A is opened back up by then, as that is what I really want to do for him.

I agree- it's not a lot of time to adjust! We did OK last year- got both and Ohana breakfast and dinner. Dinner was early, maybe around 4 pm, but it worked out OK for us. SO glad they changed the shrimp back from that awful casserole thing!

We haven't been since 2019, so O'hana will be "different" for sure. I saw that Flying Fish is opening back up and may try for there instead. I love the Boardwalk at night. ♥

I've finished nailing down my park days for our trip in a way that I think will work for us. Of course we do have park hopper and will be moving around a bit. For the actual "reservations though we have...

Saturday June 18th Arrival day/Epcot
June 19th Animal Kingdom
June 20th Epcot (predicting Extra Evening Hours)
June 21st Hollywood Studios
June 22 Magic Kingdom (Predicting Extra Evening Hours)
June 23 Hollywood Studios
June 24th Epcot
June 25th Magic Kingdom (Husbands birthday/dessert party
June 26th travel home day. 😢

We do plan on a lot of pool time/down time this trip, but don't really have "resort days" anymore. My hubby says it's a wast of a day. :laughing: Even if we only spend 2 hours at a park, he wants a park to go to, so we get tickets for every day.

We are going June 14th - June 21st staying at Pop Century, feel free to add me to the list. Can anyone tell me when the hours for June may be posted? Also does anyone know if they do anything special on Fathers Day?

We are going June 14th - June 21st staying at Pop Century, feel free to add me to the list. Can anyone tell me when the hours for June may be posted? Also does anyone know if they do anything special on Fathers Day?

Welcome! I have you added. I'm not personally sure about park hours, but my best guess would be most likely in May or April. Some of the restaurants (particularly the resorts) will sometimes do Fathers day or Mothers day meals. I'm not sure about special events though.

How is everyone planning on getting from the airport (if you are flying in) to your resort now that Magical Express is gone?

How is everyone planning on getting from the airport (if you are flying in) to your resort now that Magical Express is gone?

We are going to be doing the Sunshine Flyer. The magical express was the thing that made me feel like I could finally put my worldly stresses to the side and just be in the bubble for the week. So we’re going to give it a try with sunshine flyer.

Add us to the party! We are heading to the world June 12-19. We’ll be at Saratoga Springs from the 12th - 15th, before moving offsite for the rest of the trip.

We haven’t been to WDW since December 2019, and I really didn’t plan on returning this year due to all the changes/cutbacks, however my oldest daughter was adamant about coming back, so we are going with an open mind and look forward to having a great time.

We are going June 24th - July 2nd! We are planning a split trip - Contemporary Resort and Port Orleans French Quarter. Super excited!!!

Add us to the party! We are heading to the world June 12-19. We’ll be at Saratoga Springs from the 12th - 15th, before moving offsite for the rest of the trip.

We haven’t been to WDW since December 2019, and I really didn’t plan on returning this year due to all the changes/cutbacks, however my oldest daughter was adamant about coming back, so we are going with an open mind and look forward to having a great time.
We are going June 24th - July 2nd! We are planning a split trip - Contemporary Resort and Port Orleans French Quarter. Super excited!!!

Hello and welcome! I have you both down. 🙂

So excited to see that we will be there for the Flower and Garden festival! We have seen this before and I love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter