***Official June 2019***

And yet another discount, that might be out there. I just got a pincode for stays from 6/2-8/28. Clearly they wanna fill those rooms before Star Wars opens. Up to 30% off which isn't bad but I think the AP discount tops out a 40% through June 30th. So check those emails in case you might get a slight discount!
I got the same. Apparently some people are getting an extra perk of being able to book FPs in multiple parks on the same day with the pin code IF they book 5 days or more of park hopper tickets. I have an AP so I can't use that perk but I did try to apply the discount for my July 4th trip and it couldn't beat the Sun & Fun. But y'all I got a sweet deal for $170 a night at CSR for July 4-7 and Aug 30-Sept on the Sun & Fun. Only the AP rate is cheaper (by $9 a night) but I have not been able to apply it thus far.

Although I would love to do the Villains After Hours, it doesn't work in our schedule, however we are doing MK EMM on the 9th. We were doing it Sept 1 but they cancelled it and we got some sweet compensation so I decided to switch our PPO BOG to MK EMM in June.

Also, 40 more days for our June trip but 3 more days til our adults only Flower & Garden trip! Wahoo! Its been 8 years since my DH and I went on a trip alone. We are meeting about 30 of my closest Dis friends there for an EPIC Dis Meet Up so that is exciting as well!

Anyone have any tips or things that are must do's at WL in June?
We love WL. Its our DVC home. We like to rent the little sea raycers and drive around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. We love both pools, we love the boat to the other resorts and MK. We like watching HEA and the Electrical Water Pageant from the pool/water/Geyser Point area. It's just a really nice atmosphere. So close to MK but you would never know it.

Question: Does the PIN come in snail mail or email? We’ve visited 12 times in the last 3 1/2 years and never get anything. I guess we need to stop planning trips and maybe they’ll send us one.

Super excited to her about Villains @ MK!

Question: Does the PIN come in snail mail or email? We’ve visited 12 times in the last 3 1/2 years and never get anything. I guess we need to stop planning trips and maybe they’ll send us one.

Super excited to her about Villains @ MK!
Mine came in an email. I have 7 trips booked for this year. I usually do not get pin codes but I got this one.

Mine came in an email. I have 7 trips booked for this year. I usually do not get pin codes but I got this one.

WOW, 7 trips, that’s awesome!!! I’ll keep my hope up for one n our future. I’m not surprised though bc it’s very difficult for me to win even $1.00 on a scratch off. Ha!

WOW, 7 trips, that’s awesome!!! I’ll keep my hope up for one n our future. I’m not surprised though bc it’s very difficult for me to win even $1.00 on a scratch off. Ha!
#YearofAPs! :) But yes, we are excited to live the dream this year!

I used to win tons of contests. $1000 once, a diamond ring once. But that was like 10 years ago and my well ran dry. LOL

Just got off the phone to make my final payment! So excited but I have to admit I've been having 2nd thoughts the last few days. We are closing on our house on May 16th and moving in with my parents until their house sells then we're all moving out of state. With this trip planned for June 1 I feel a little stressed out. But I feel like after the move we will need a break and Disney seems like a great reward.
Anyway, to the point... does anyone bring a camera along any more or just use the cell phone? I have a decent canon rebel but I honestly hate using it as it's so big and it never fails the kids would rather touch it than stand for a picture. My phone is a Samsung s8 and take good enough pics. What do you do? Camera, phone, or both?

Just got off the phone to make my final payment! So excited but I have to admit I've been having 2nd thoughts the last few days. We are closing on our house on May 16th and moving in with my parents until their house sells then we're all moving out of state. With this trip planned for June 1 I feel a little stressed out. But I feel like after the move we will need a break and Disney seems like a great reward.
Anyway, to the point... does anyone bring a camera along any more or just use the cell phone? I have a decent canon rebel but I honestly hate using it as it's so big and it never fails the kids would rather touch it than stand for a picture. My phone is a Samsung s8 and take good enough pics. What do you do? Camera, phone, or both?

For snapshots we just either use phones or Photopass photographers (since we have APs and it's included I try to get a few "nice" ones each trip). For more artsy photography sometimes I bring my Nikon. My son is just getting into learning photography so we are gonna probably carve out some time at Animal Kingdom or Epcot so he can take some photos to edit later. I will say one of my favorite photos I took with an iPhone.

Hesitant to book the Villains after hours June 20th since it is my wife's arrival day (I will already be there for a conference) and if her flight is delayed and she misses the party I am out the $110. Just going to cross my fingers that it doesnt sell out and if her flight takes off on time buy them that day haha. Also super pumped about the new Toy Story BBQ restaurant in HS (even though it wont be open any time soon I would assume).

#YearofAPs! :) But yes, we are excited to live the dream this year!

I used to win tons of contests. $1000 once, a diamond ring once. But that was like 10 years ago and my well ran dry. LOL

I was once known for being lucky: round trip tickets anywhere in the world, $10k entertainment system, free movies for a year from AMC, 2k scratch off and some others, but that was all 10+ years ago and haven't won anything since :(

WDW sounds like the perfect way to de-stress in between moves! I personally take my camera (Canon Powershot I've had about 6 years) because I enjoy taking pics with it. It's not too big and I carry it on the strap or tuck it in my little day pack. I'm so used to taking it everywhere anyway that it's not annoying to me. I used to come home with thousands of shots but I've gotten much better and try to enjoy the moments without having to capture them all on film. I really just snap pictures here and there and don't stress if they come out perfect or not- though most of them turn out really well. Everyone knows though that I have to get pics of food!

Hesitant to book the Villains after hours June 20th since it is my wife's arrival day (I will already be there for a conference) and if her flight is delayed and she misses the party I am out the $110. Just going to cross my fingers that it doesnt sell out and if her flight takes off on time buy them that day haha. Also super pumped about the new Toy Story BBQ restaurant in HS (even though it wont be open any time soon I would assume).
I'd be worried about her missing it too if her arrival time is in the afternoon. Hopefully you can get them day of. I just read about the new Toy Story TS place too- sounds like it'll be fun and somewhere my whole family will love.

I'm late to the party. We are staying at SSR (2 BR) June 1-7 with AP discount! DW and I stayed there for 2 nights back in '17, but the kids have never been. Looking forward to the extra space since all of the previous trips were at AoA family suite.

Hey!!! Roxyfire!!! Guest what we're doing THIS MONTH???????

034943ffc7e57d6b00b6b13d544b539a.jpg

I do both camera and phone. I want to make sure I get good pictures so I'm bringing the DSLR.

I'm late to the party. We are staying at SSR (2 BR) June 1-7 with AP discount! DW and I stayed there for 2 nights back in '17, but the kids have never been. Looking forward to the extra space since all of the previous trips were at AoA family suite.

Late? Nah more like right on time. That will give you tons of extra space for sure!

I do both camera and phone. I want to make sure I get good pictures so I'm bringing the DSLR.
Ditto. Especially with kids involved, a DSLR can zoom and track them, and the quality out of a larger sensor (whether compact camera or mirrorless or DSLR) from the last 10 years is much better than a phone.

Hey guys! We're getting so close here, I'm really going to have a hard time focusing at work the next 3 weeks. Yesterday I got an email from Touring Plans with some updated hours and crowd levels for my trip. Those of you tracking hours may want to check and see if more days saw updates.

Hey guys! We're getting so close here, I'm really going to have a hard time focusing at work the next 3 weeks. Yesterday I got an email from Touring Plans with some updated hours and crowd levels for my trip. Those of you tracking hours may want to check and see if more days saw updates.
Be happy you aren't moderating the September and October boards. :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:

Be happy you aren't moderating the September and October boards. :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:

OMG I bet. Extra-extra, super-sized, big and tall Magic Hours. It still won't be enough, lol. I'm actually worried we won't be able to go next June because of some placement testing that will happen when Dylan hits 8th grade. I had no idea "summer academy" was a thing. But I guess that's what happens when you grow up in the boondocks and move to the burbs. They're all fancy up here. I'm not ready for it! :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter