***Official June 2018***

That forecast actually looks pretty good, especially compared to last June!

Any forecast beyond 3 or 4 days is meaningless for Florida...even 3 days is sketchy. Summer is what it is...hot, humid and very hit or miss storms. We've done 10 days straight in the parks without a single storm (last summer), and we've had trips where it stormed 8 out of 10 days. But even then, it's not all day usually. It comes and then it goes. It could be pouring in AK and sunny in MK. It could be sunny AND pouring at the same time.

We're at lucky 13 days away!!!

I think it looks pretty good too! Only the one day looks a little iffy. Here's hoping
I agree with JennLTX...looks like a pretty good forecast for June. I see the standard afternoon/evening quick-hitting thunderstorm but no all-day rain events and high temps only hit 90 twice during the week. I hope it looks this good when we're there later this month. Enjoy!
What always surprises me is how four different weather apps all give varying forecasts. One says 80% chance Monday and another says 25%. Overall I too am pleased with how the forecasts looks at this point. We went the same time last June and had a wonderful time with temps in the 80's, mostly cloudy, and just a couple of showers.

We leave Sunday! Today I clean the house for my Mama who will be house sitting and finish packing. I have been sick with a nasty respiratory virus for over a week but today I finally feel better and can get excited! Oh Disney how I can't wait to see you!

Leaving Sunday! We have a 12 hour drive so we will spend the night in Gainsville and then head to Orlando Monday morning. At this point it's hard to focus on anything but Disney. Super excited and ready to be wrapped up in the Magic! First 5 nights are at Pop which always feels special because it is the first Disney resort my family ever stayed at. I also really love the new rooms. Our last three night are at WL which is a first for us!!!

Any forecast beyond 3 or 4 days is meaningless for Florida...even 3 days is sketchy. Summer is what it is...hot, humid and very hit or miss storms. We've done 10 days straight in the parks without a single storm (last summer), and we've had trips where it stormed 8 out of 10 days. But even then, it's not all day usually. It comes and then it goes. It could be pouring in AK and sunny in MK. It could be sunny AND pouring at the same time.

We're at lucky 13 days away!!!
Agreed. However, this time last year Weather.com did indeed predict the endless rain we experienced, and I'm hoping since it looks like your standard Florida forecast, that part holds!!!

I think it looks pretty good too! Only the one day looks a little iffy. Here's hoping

What always surprises me is how four different weather apps all give varying forecasts. One says 80% chance Monday and another says 25%. Overall I too am pleased with how the forecasts looks at this point. We went the same time last June and had a wonderful time with temps in the 80's, mostly cloudy, and just a couple of showers.

Yes, we learned a long time ago not to look at long range forecasts when we go to Disney in June. We prepare for the worst and hope for the best. We watch the local TV station the night before and in the morning and go from there. Most of our June trips have been relatively rain free.

The whole "80% chance of rain" is really subjective and interpreted differently by different forecasters

http://www.wesh.com/article/what-does-a-chance-of-rain-really-mean/4440726

That's why we've found that the best thing to do is to "listen" to the local forecast on a daily basis so we can hear the weather person say "It's going to rain most of the day" or "There will be showers here and there" rather than reading "a 75% chance of rain". Who really knows what that means???? :)

Its finally June....we leave in 11 days and I have not started packing nor really putting anything together...I have a few shirts cut out to be pressed but need to finish the rest...i have some things I have bought for the trip and all in a box but nothing....next weekend is going to be busy before we leave.
I got some stuff together and kids are more organized but I haven't really started yet...

It could be sunny AND pouring at the same time.
and frequently is LOL

First 5 nights are at Pop
Love Pop! and WL is on bucket list! I agree the new rooms are so nice and I loved the new beds!

Leaving in the morning! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Everyone have a good trip!

Us too!! Unfortunately working (or supposed to be LOL) today, and have a function tonight. So either a late night of packing or up earlier than planned in am to get it done -hoping to hit the road by 8 am. Kinda sucks to be driving, but it was either flight tickets or Universal tickets -budget can only stretch so far. We voted for universal as we haven't been back in 3 years.

Also priorities-did my disney nails last night instead of packing :rotfl2:

It is JUNE ya'll-and we are going to DISNEY this MONTH :):)

Yes, we learned a long time ago not to look at long range forecasts when we go to Disney in June. We prepare for the worst and hope for the best. We watch the local TV station the night before and in the morning and go from there. Most of our June trips have been relatively rain free.

So true. The other day we were waiting our turn for a wand spot in hogmeade and all of a sudden it starts pouring out of nowhere. I scrambled to put on my rain jacket only to find it isn’t very good for huge downpours. Oops! 10 minutes later it cleared up. But I was kinda miserable until we got back so the resort to change clothes.

We arrive June 15th...Bay Lake.....then we move to Boardwalk June18th...then Beach Club on June 20th. Crazy last minute DVC arrangements. Nervous about moving hotels.

Ok so FYI there appears to more FOP and 7DMT FPs released for June so go look now!

We leave Sunday. Did shopping yesterday and today and got my mani pedi today (will try to upload photo). Not much packing done but I will be on it tomorrow. Paying bills tonight and combining gift cards. DH grabbed cash for tips (Mousekeeping, bell services, etc today).

Also I found these FB groups that sell Disney dresses and raglans for kids and tanks and dresses for adults. It’s pre order but oh my lord, I am so in the hole already! They are releasing Halloween stuff now and I’m ordering left and right bc we will be back in October. I’m ordering for both boys and myself. Oops. I’ll post a photo of one of the shirts if I can get it uploaded.

C90FB57E-0F43-4A80-AAB5-05DC82CAC49F.jpeg

8D556777-1121-4760-8832-5077CAE3E13C.jpeg

Last edited:
Sounds like our plans! We leave late Friday to arrive Saturday night next week. My daughter has no idea!!!! We're so excited!

Surprises are so fun! Two year ago we told DS the day before- he didn't believe us! Hope you can keep the secret and she is super surprised!

So we checked into a Polynesian studio tonight. I knew it was going to be nice (better be for that point/night cost!) and it so far has completely exceeded my expectations. They're really beautiful and so well done. We own the majority of our points at Bay Lake, which i did enjoy but I like the layout of these so much more. My son loves the pulldown bed and the second bathroom (with the shower). The only downside is how warm it can get in there with the new thermostats but thank goodness for youtube and finding the override. Tomorrow is Epcot (garden grill PPO) and star wars dessert party in the evening!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter