• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official JUNE 2008

Isn't it amazing how much it costs just to get ready to go on vacation?! I'm in the same boat with expenses -- and I had to buy a new windshield cause DS threw a rock and broke mine:scared1:

Safe travels and wonderful vacations to everyone!!

I'm officially in freakout mode with how much needs to happen BEFORE we can even go!

Ditto! Everytime I go somewhere I see something and think, "that would be good to have."

I pulled our suitcases out of the attic over the weekend and realized one of them was messed up, so in the garbage it went. So now I need to get another. Couldn't have been one of the carryons that we have multiples of, nope the large one. Gotta have room for souveniers!

We leave Friday and the wife and I have basically cut ourselves off from buying anything else for the trip! Everytime we hit up Wal-Mart or Target we'd find one more thing that would be "great for the trip!"

Of course I was just informed that our rooftop luggage carrier has come up missing. So I've got to get a new one! Any suggestions of a store other than the above mentioned two I could find a decent one at?

As a side note,we had to euthanize our Chocolate Lab yesterday. We had her for fifteen years and finally the cancer she had been fighting forced our hand...needless to say it put a slight damper on our coming WDW adventure...but I know Sadie would want us to have as much fun as possible and not worry about her anymore.:worried:

Man we need this vacation!

As a side note,we had to euthanize our Chocolate Lab yesterday. We had her for fifteen years and finally the cancer she had been fighting forced our hand...needless to say it put a slight damper on our coming WDW adventure...but I know Sadie would want us to have as much fun as possible and not worry about her anymore.:worried:

:( I'm so sorry about Sadie! That is so hard to do. I had to do it with my cat just two weeks before my youngest was born. Sorry for your loss - I hope the family trip can put a big upswing on things.

And yikes about that bill plus new luggage!! I am celebrating DD's b'day while in WDW and that keeps adding to my buying spree LOL

I am leaving in 10 days...just seems like a magic number so I wanted to share it with you all! 10 days 10 days 10 days, (I'm singing).

As a side note,we had to euthanize our Chocolate Lab yesterday. We had her for fifteen years and finally the cancer she had been fighting forced our hand...needless to say it put a slight damper on our coming WDW adventure...but I know Sadie would want us to have as much fun as possible and not worry about her anymore.

Sorry for you loss, I hope your up coming WDW vacation is a wonderful one!

Thank you. We knew this was coming we just didn't know when.

But hey!!! Enough of the sad talk...my old puppy wouldn't want people dwelling on her...she was a fun lovin' old girl to the end and she wouldn't want anything else from any of us!!!

Let me reiterate...I can't believe we hit the road this FRIDAY!!!

We leave Friday and the wife and I have basically cut ourselves off from buying anything else for the trip! Everytime we hit up Wal-Mart or Target we'd find one more thing that would be "great for the trip!"

I hear ya on that one! I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and found two water-mister-fan-thingers that I picked up for our trip. Granted, it will save me money vs buying the Disney ones in the park, but I need to stop!

Made Father's Day dinner ressies at Shula's for DH. Anyone been there before?

kristy

We'll be checking in at POR about this time in 7 days!! I can hardly stand myself. Of course, I'm already getting worn out just getting ready for the trip. This is the last week of school for our kids, so we're busy with all of that too. But who cares....in a week I'm in WDW!!!!! :tinker: :mickeyjum :mickeybar

Isn't it amazing how much it costs just to get ready to go on vacation?! I'm in the same boat with expenses -- and I had to buy a new windshield cause DS threw a rock and broke mine:scared1:

Safe travels and wonderful vacations to everyone!!

I'm officially in freakout mode with how much needs to happen BEFORE we can even go!

Your name says it all - gotta love them!

I am hitting freakout mode as well. DSisIL is now saying that they might want to stop and spend the night somewhere. DH and I want to drive all night. I don't want to stop - I want to hurry up and get to WDW ASAP!!!!

Count me in on the totally overwhelmed by all the stuff I have to get done before vacation AND the expense involved!

I'm also a little grumpy, because in addition to working 40+ hours this week AND having an exam to take for my school on Saturday, I'm going to be the one cleaning the house, getting the car's oil changed, picking up the dry cleaning, taking care of all of the pet needs, packing and 100 other things. My wife has "other things planned this week". ARUGH! :furious:
Nothing like a Magical Meltdown prior to vacation even starting!

Take a deep breath and count to 10! I am right there with you! I have already begun my big house cleaning because I hate coming home to dirty house. I refuse to do it! I also have to get the oil changed in my car, pack everyone's stuff, pack any and all toiletries, check my lists 100 times or more, make sure all meds are accounted for, etc. I am almost ready to go!

I finally started packing last night! DD is packed except for her plane items, my things are laying out, DH is packing his things today and then there is DS - gotta love teens.:rolleyes1

I cannot believe it is only 2 more days!

Two more days? Lucky you! Have a terrific time and don't forget to give us your report!

12 more days!! I cant even say its a "teen" anymore......more like a "tween", LOL! :rotfl2:

:rotfl:

:surfweb: *yawn* what day is today...

:) wait....hold on

:bitelip: Disney

:hyper: IS

:earsboy: TOMORRROOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!

Is there any room in your luggage for me? I would love to leave tomorrow!

25 more days till my Disneymoon, I just got my tickets in yesterday!!!

How wonderful - a Disneymoon! Looking forward to your post-trip report!

Woooooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!!! Leaving FRIDAY!

:banana:

Dh will be at fire school next week and I'm putting in my 40+ hours, cleaning house, packing, getting the guinea pig tended to and to his pet sitter amoung various other stuff (hopefully ds will stay at the sitters). Dh will get home about 7:00 on the 12th unload gear, pack, and load the truck back up. We leave the next morning at 5:00 to be at the airport at 8:00. I just really feel that we'll be cutting it close!:eek:

Dooda - your DH is still here in College Station? How long has he been gone? Hopefully he won't be too exhausted - at least y'all are flying and he can sleep on the plane!

SEVEN DAYS FROM TODAY I will be checking in at The POLYNESIAN!!!!! I may jump out of my skin before then!!!!!
:banana: :banana:

Here's an early :bday:to you!!! But please, stay in your skin! :rotfl:

Rikku - I am so sorry about your loss. But being a lab, I am sure that she's somewhere catching a tennis ball or jumping into a pool of water!

I am leaving in 10 days...just seems like a magic number so I wanted to share it with you all! 10 days 10 days 10 days, (I'm singing).

:listen: I hear you! I have been singing as well! My oldest DD asked me (this morning) if I was going to scream like a little girl (again) when we drive through the "Welcome to WDW" sign. You darn right I will! :lmao:

We'll be checking in at POR about this time in 7 days!! I can hardly stand myself. Of course, I'm already getting worn out just getting ready for the trip. This is the last week of school for our kids, so we're busy with all of that too. But who cares....in a week I'm in WDW!!!!! :tinker: :mickeyjum :mickeybar

One more week - how exciting! :yay:

I have 10 million things to do between now and 4 am on Saturday and I don't get off work until 11:30 Friday night, but I like it that way. Mom and I have a few last minute errands to run tomorrow and we have to pick up my cousin's (9) discount AP at AAA. I have to finish packing and help DH finish his laundry. I have to finish packing Dcousin (9).

Suzanne

I have 10 million things to do between now and 4 am on Saturday and I don't get off work until 11:30 Friday night, but I like it that way. Mom and I have a few last minute errands to run tomorrow and we have to pick up my cousin's (9) discount AP at AAA. I have to finish packing and help DH finish his laundry. I have to finish packing Dcousin (9).

Suzanne

It's getting closer! :yay: Next thing you know, you all will boarding the plane! :cool1:

Sorry to hear about Sadie. It is always hard to lose a family member, and obviously she was a family member and not just a pet.

Hope you have a wonderful trip though.

It's getting closer! :yay: Next thing you know, you all will boarding the plane! :cool1:

I don't want to go anywhere bad enough to fly :crazy2: We are driving, or should I say sweet DH is driving, I will be sleeping, since I know I won't be able to after I get home at midnight, but I sleep really well in the car anyway.

I really want to go to Disneyland, but I am too scared to fly and even more scared because MIL lives close by DL :scared1: .

Suzanne

We always fly too. I had rather be there in under 2 hours than spend 10-12 hours in the car.:faint:

In other matters, does anyone put any kind of ID on your child in case they get lost? We have been 3 years in a row already and DD has never gotten away from us but she is always in a stroller. This year she is 7 and will be doing more walking and I am leery of her walking away from us if she sees something interesting. I will have my cell phone so I would like to put my phone # somewhere on her body but short of writing it on her arm in permanent marker:rotfl2: , I dont have any ideas.:confused3

We always fly too. I had rather be there in under 2 hours than spend 10-12 hours in the car.:faint:

In other matters, does anyone put any kind of ID on your child in case they get lost? We have been 3 years in a row already and DD has never gotten away from us but she is always in a stroller. This year she is 7 and will be doing more walking and I am leery of her walking away from us if she sees something interesting. I will have my cell phone so I would like to put my phone # somewhere on her body but short of writing it on her arm in permanent marker:rotfl2: , I dont have any ideas.:confused3

This might help.
http://www.mypreciouskid.com/ID-tags.html
:)

We are only about 5 1/2 to 6 hours away and I can get my sleep that way. DH is a truck driver, and he loves to drive.

Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter