• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Official July 2022 Thread ***

We have tickets that just expired on the covid extension. So now we have to upgrade them before we can book our park days.

Hi! I see no one has written in a while.. we will be staying at the BI from July 6-12. I changed the trip 3 times.. from Presidents week, to Easter week and now July (I’m a teacher:) ) so we have no choice and those breaks are usually when we travel, but something always felt off. I’ve never been in July only in August, so I’m excited! Any pointers for July travel is greatly appreciated..

Anyone been during Fourth of July week? How does that compare to say thanksgiving week?

I want to book my hotel stays, but the hotels are so expensive this year! Disney hotels, that is. Seriously looking into off-site stays…but then I have to rent a car. Sigh! So many decisions!

Hello! My dates are July 19 - August 3. My split stay reservations are currently three days each at Dolphin, AKL, Contemporary, and closing the vacation at the Beach Club. Changes are possible depending on discounts.

I want to book my hotel stays, but the hotels are so expensive this year! Disney hotels, that is. Seriously looking into off-site stays…but then I have to rent a car. Sigh! So many decisions!

Have you looked at renting DVC points? We just switched to a deluxe studio villa (used a 3rd party to book the reservation - not sure if I'm allowed to say the name!). Ended up with a 45% discount on the room (saved $2500).

No, I don’t know much about DVC points. Are they only for larger groups, the rooms? There are just 2 of us. And I didn’t know you could rent points from a third party, very interesting! Any more info would be appreciated!

Post for Roll Call!

Check inCheck outUser NameLocation(s)
July 3, 2022July 17, 2022CynnerCR, BWV, AirBNB
July 27, 2022August 6, 2022StefneCBR
July 10 2022July 22 2022KSLBWV, BLT
July 12, 2022July 19, 2022catsinawindowCBR
July 8, 2022July 12, 2022Sandiz08VGF
July 8, 2022July 23, 2022Disneygirl#8TBD
Ok, we’ve booked our rooms! July 9-12 at Pop, then we head to Universal for 4 days, then back to All Star Sports from the 16-23. Woohoo!

No, I don’t know much about DVC points. Are they only for larger groups, the rooms? There are just 2 of us. And I didn’t know you could rent points from a third party, very interesting! Any more info would be appreciated!

No, you can book any size room that's available (studio, 2 bedroom, etc). I went back and looked through some old posts and it seems it's ok to talk about the company. You can save a lot of $$ on your hotel... the main downside is you have to pay in full to secure the reservation, and it's non-refundable. I bought trip insurance for this reason. Check out David's DVC Rentals website. And there are a couple others people seem to like but I've never used those.

We just bit the bullet and bought our tickets! We were waiting for a Canadian discount but wanted to buy before the prices go up again, which usually happens in February. We bought through a third party last night and they were slightly cheaper- and today we linked them and booked our park reservations! It’s finally starting to feel real!!

No, you can book any size room that's available (studio, 2 bedroom, etc). I went back and looked through some old posts and it seems it's ok to talk about the company. You can save a lot of $$ on your hotel... the main downside is you have to pay in full to secure the reservation, and it's non-refundable. I bought trip insurance for this reason. Check out David's DVC Rentals website. And there are a couple others people seem to like but I've never used those.
Thank you for the info! I looked into it today but I don’t see the hotels we normally stay at- Pop and Sports, so I think it’s probably pricier than what we usually pay!

Last edited:
Third time is the charm? I started a new job in November, and I've had to change my Disney plans twice. Hopefully, this one will stick!

My family is going to spend a Harry Potter day and then check into the Polynesian for 8 nights starting on July 10.
HOLIEST OF COWS 🐮, am I excited about the Polynesian! This is my first time staying there since... 1983, I think? This resort just feels like Disney World to me, and I'm jazzed to stay there during the 50th Celebration.

Third time is the charm? I started a new job in November, and I've had to change my Disney plans twice. Hopefully, this one will stick!

My family is going to spend a Harry Potter day and then check into the Polynesian for 8 nights starting on July 10.
HOLIEST OF COWS 🐮, am I excited about the Polynesian! This is my first time staying there since... 1983, I think? This resort just feels like Disney World to me, and I'm jazzed to stay there during the 50th Celebration.

We'll be at the Poly the same time! 7/9-17. My first time staying there... bucket-list resort. Super excited! 🤩🌺

Hi July folks! I am looking at a quick July 4th weekend trip 7/2 - 7/5 since the discounts came out today and I had such a good time on my July 4th weekend trip last year...torn between CR garden wing or saving money by staying at GDT again like I did last year since my long trip this year in Sept. is at Poly. CR is a lot more but being able to walk home after the fireworks will be priceless imo. The buses were a nightmare last year trying to get back to Coronado that night.

Hi Summer Folks! We are going June 29-July 10 - staying at YC. Booked jetBlue flights as well - prices are still pretty high even for summer although I paid about $300 round trip and for Christmas week of 2021, I paid $500. NY to Orlando. And yes, it was touch and go the whole time with the flight crews and covid - but we made it out and back with minimal (2-3 hr) delays.

I just got back and I can't wait to go. If anyone has any questions - I'd be happy to answer.

Hi Summer Folks! We are going June 29-July 10 - staying at YC. Booked jetBlue flights as well - prices are still pretty high even for summer although I paid about $300 round trip and for Christmas week of 2021, I paid $500. NY to Orlando. And yes, it was touch and go the whole time with the flight crews and covid - but we made it out and back with minimal (2-3 hr) delays.

I just got back and I can't wait to go. If anyone has any questions - I'd be happy to answer.
Our flights are 320 round trip and we've never had to pay that much to go to Orlando, so we are gonna wait around for a better deal.

Our flights are 320 round trip and we've never had to pay that much to go to Orlando, so we are gonna wait around for a better deal.

I fly nothing but JetBlue domestically (to Disney or otherwise) and their prices have fluctuated a lot during the pandemic, far more than they ever used to.Their flight schedules being open so far in advance compared to usual is one of the reasons why, I think.

Just booked Riviera 2 villas for our family of 10! 7/23-7/30! Long overdue family trip with Husband/myself/ son/fiancee/daughter/boyfriend/daughter/husband/2 grandkids 10 & 6! had a trip planned originally August 2020 offsite at Wyndham Bonnet Creek but Covid happened! Splurging this time around! woohoo! Lots of changes I'm not used to! Definitely need to do my Disney homework!

Sorry for the delay in updates. Was taking a bit of a break from things Disney. The Anniversary trip actually was kind of a bummer as it did not live up to my expectations - and with all the nickle and diming news, I was just less excited about all my trip planning - and I need the darn Annual Passes to go back on sale!!! :(
But - I've updated our reservation list and updated the news/closings/openings post as well.
I should have come back here sooner - if anyone was going to make me excited about my WDW trips again it would be you guys!!!

It’s all good, I think we are all feeling a little bummed about Disney these days. We have booked the rest of our days july 4-6 at Poly villas and 6-8 at boardwalk villas .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter