*OFFICIAL* July 2010 Thread! It’s Hot. It’s Crowded. AND WE LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, just off the boat (cruised with my DD18 for her senior trip this past week), and I gotta tell you...................the only thing I could think about was my trip to Disney. Everything about the ship, meals, workers etc was compared to how Disney would handle things. I just couldn't help myself. DD was doing the same thing!!!

Needless to say, I will NEVER give the Carnival Triumph my money again. I won't even mind waiting in long lines while sweating my rear end off (ok maybe that's a stretch, I will mind but will try and not complain much while there ;) )

I think about being in Disney World whenever I go anywhere! So I totally understand! Now you have your trip to look forward to and you'll be able to appreciate it that much more! :thumbsup2

I agree with you! I teach high school Italian and Spanish. I have 4 Italian classes and 1 Spanish class right now. I am teaching second year Italian and off-track first year Spanish (they took it and failed so they are repeating the Fall semester with me). My school is very large (a little over 4,000 students total!). I teach about 170 students, even more than you have at your entire school! The school's special programs are theatre, music, dance and fine arts. Love it!

My doctor didn't say anything about stretching exercises. He said not to work out for 10 days to 2 weeks, but I am going to wait the full 2 weeks. By then our trip will only be 3 weeks away and I don't want to risk anything. I will be going very light even when I start back up again, and I will hold off if I feel I am not ready yet.

So cool that you teach Italian! I'm trying to learn on my own because I love the language and culture of Italy! I have a bit of Spanish and take my students to both France and Spain every other year. 4,000 students is crazy! I can't imagine how big your school must be! What fun to have all of the options available to them. That's the tradeoff of having a small school - yes I know EVERYONE, their parents, siblings, etc. but we can't offer them a variety of courses. My daughter graduates this year and because she's a year early, she's opting to go to prep school for a post-grad year so she can supplement her h.s. education before college.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on - I just love connecting with other language teachers because we're pretty isolated up here! Now off to make those pesky finals! Take care of yourself and definately don't push it!!!

~Nancy~

DH DS and I are going to face Islands of Adventure on July 2. We bought fast passes and I am hoping everyone will be in Harry Potter world and we will do the rest of the park. I am worried about the crowds but we have no intention of entering Harry's world - just staying in the regular park. We will see......:confused3

Okay here are my adrs:

7/16 San Angel Inn
7/17 Tonys
7/18 Brown Derby
7/19 Le Cellier
7/20 Going to Harry Potter Park
7/21 ???any ideas???
7/22 Ohanas
7/23 Need ideas for breakfast

thanks

Okay here are my adrs:

7/16 San Angel Inn
7/17 Tonys
7/18 Brown Derby
7/19 Le Cellier
7/20 Going to Harry Potter Park
7/21 ???any ideas???
7/22 Ohanas
7/23 Need ideas for breakfast

thanks

Do you want to post the times? That way, I can put them in the right spots!

So cool that you teach Italian! I'm trying to learn on my own because I love the language and culture of Italy! I have a bit of Spanish and take my students to both France and Spain every other year. 4,000 students is crazy! I can't imagine how big your school must be! What fun to have all of the options available to them. That's the tradeoff of having a small school - yes I know EVERYONE, their parents, siblings, etc. but we can't offer them a variety of courses. My daughter graduates this year and because she's a year early, she's opting to go to prep school for a post-grad year so she can supplement her h.s. education before college.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on - I just love connecting with other language teachers because we're pretty isolated up here! Now off to make those pesky finals! Take care of yourself and definately don't push it!!!

~Nancy~

That's great that you take your students to France and Spain! My department also conducts trips to Europe but I haven't gone because of my kids. Don't want to leave them. They always go on the Europe trips over school breaks, and I look forward to spending time with my boys over the breaks. But my kids are little, only 3 and 5, so when they are older, maybe I would go.

My back is feeling better. Still hurts, but much more bearable and easier to stand up, sit down, etc. I am debating about going to work tomorrow or not. I will play it by ear and see how I feel in the morning. And I am not pushing it either.

I will admit, Christmas time is my favorite time of year to visit Walt Disney World......BUT we are going in July and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Summer is my second favorite time. The hot summer days are cooled off by the awesome pools and the summer nights at Disney are awesome. Sparkling parades,and fabulous fireworks. See ya'll in July!!:banana:

If I ever want to do the wishes Desser party... are reservations only available by phone?

And after July 18, is it 25$ or 21$?

These are the ADRs for our trip.

7/13 Chef Mickey's 8:50pm
7/14 Liberty Tree Tavern 5:35pm
7/15 Garden Grill 4:00pm (I think)
7/16 CRT 9:35am (birthday breakfast for my DD and me)

Well, just off the boat (cruised with my DD18 for her senior trip this past week), and I gotta tell you...................the only thing I could think about was my trip to Disney. Everything about the ship, meals, workers etc was compared to how Disney would handle things. I just couldn't help myself. DD was doing the same thing!!!

Needless to say, I will NEVER give the Carnival Triumph my money again. I won't even mind waiting in long lines while sweating my rear end off (ok maybe that's a stretch, I will mind but will try and not complain much while there ;) )

I am so sorry the cruise wasn't great, but I am glad to hear a review. We have thought about cruising Triumph out of NOLA. RCCL is putting Voyager of the Seas in port at NOLA fall of 2011 thru spring of 2012. We might cruise out of the Big Easy then. We just took Voyager out of Galveston in March. My whole family loved it. Everyone but me enjoyed it more than a WDW vacation. :confused3 What is wrong with those people? :laughing:

These are the ADRs for our trip.

7/13 Chef Mickey's 8:50pm
7/14 Liberty Tree Tavern 5:35pm
7/15 Garden Grill 4:00pm (I think)
7/16 CRT 9:35am (birthday breakfast for my DD and me)

Do you and your DD share a birthday? My DD and I have birthday's 2 days apart. We love it! :love: Happy early birthday!

For people who have stayed at the Contemporary. Is it still free to use the gym? I was told yes for resort guests. But some other people say no.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Okay, in that case, send them on the plane and stay an extra day or two!:rotfl:

:rotfl2: I agree - but things are still up in the air, we may have her skip the Hershey trip and just move our vacation up by a few days. She says she would rather miss Hershey rather than the filming. We need to decide soon though.

I will admit, Christmas time is my favorite time of year to visit Walt Disney World......BUT we are going in July and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Summer is my second favorite time. The hot summer days are cooled off by the awesome pools and the summer nights at Disney are awesome. Sparkling parades,and fabulous fireworks. See ya'll in July!!:banana:

I totally agree - I love seeing the Christmas decorations, but there is nothing like summer either. Do we have you on our resort list on page 126? If not, just post your dates and resort and I will add you!

That's great that you take your students to France and Spain! My department also conducts trips to Europe but I haven't gone because of my kids. Don't want to leave them. They always go on the Europe trips over school breaks, and I look forward to spending time with my boys over the breaks. But my kids are little, only 3 and 5, so when they are older, maybe I would go.

My back is feeling better. Still hurts, but much more bearable and easier to stand up, sit down, etc. I am debating about going to work tomorrow or not. I will play it by ear and see how I feel in the morning. And I am not pushing it either.

I'm so glad your back is feeling better!!! Maybe you can go in for 1/2 a day tomorrow instead of a full day? I ended up going in at the end of school today to check on things - can't stay away, I guess - you know how that goes! Since I have 2 sections of French 1 and French 2 and the seniors are taking their exams early, my principal wants me to make different exams for all of these sections so I only got French 4, 3, and 2 done exams done today (takes forever!!). French 1 will have to wait until this weekend! :laughing:

I totally understand about not wanting to leave your boys! I didn't start to do this until my DD was older and the second time, she came with us. It is a bummer giving up the breaks and what's really hard is that it's always bang in the middle of our rehearsals for our spring productions (big, splashy musicals). My poor kids who are both in the show and on the trip are usually rehearsing choreography while we wait for trains, etc. ;)

Anyway, as each day of your recuperation goes by, you're also one day closer to Disney!!!

HAHAH! DD and I just saw the ad for the new Twilight movie - Eclipse - coming out June 30 and she told me she wants to see it at DTD the day we arrive! Not sure what DH will think about this (he's in the other room), but I thought it was cute she wants to combine Eclipse with our 1st day of vacation! :happytv:

a page or two back someone asked for breakfast suggestions.

Here are a few:

Tusker House BREAKFAST at AK is magical! The kids dance in a parade with Mickey and play instruments to an awesome good morning song (it's not annoying, it's lovely!) The food is great too!

Cape May Breakfast (at BC) is quieter than most character dining experiences and the food is excellent

Captain Cook's (a QS at the Poly) serves Tonga Toast for cheaper than the Kona Cafe above it, but either will do...

People RAVE about the Boma Breakfast buffet, but I haven't tried it... I think their dinner is FABULOUS, so I'm sure breakfast is equally magical...

Main Street Bakery, Starring Rolls Cafe, or BW Bakery are options too...

I hope that helps; good-luck with your breakfast ressie!

Do you and your DD share a birthday? My DD and I have birthday's 2 days apart. We love it! :love: Happy early birthday!

Yes we do share a birthday. DW told me that I don't get a birthday anymore but since we are going to be at WDW I'm going to celebrate all week long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter