*OFFICIAL* July 2010 Thread! It’s Hot. It’s Crowded. AND WE LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying for an hour to figure out how to post our picture but the image coding isn't working. I keep getting a picture box with a broken line across the middle.

so here's a link to the album I made with a pic of us and pictures from all the goodies I've been getting together for our trip (including the bag I plan on using)

http://picasaweb.google.com/uahollem/DisneyRelatedStuff?feat=directlink

Hi everyone! Emma (DD) and I:
EmmaandMomdisney2007.jpg

Dan (DH) and I:
16150_217797412925_812512925_420245.jpg

Emma:
lamson31.jpg

July 8 - 19th! You can't miss Emma - she's 6'1!

Christie..How CUTE is that pic of your daughter!!!
Nikki..where did you get your bag?? I am looking for bags like that for the kids for the trip..all I have been finding are the cloth ones

Which pic? The pic of the UP! characters? of the ones below?

The UP! characters in that one that's me...and under that it's Kurby's daughter

I'm using the backpack with the wallet pretty much down there and back and off site trips then the fanny packs for busier days and just when I'm lazy. The grey duffel we'll use for the pool and water park (Aquatica).

I'm using the backpack with the wallet pretty much down there and back and off site trips then the fanny packs for busier days and just when I'm lazy. The grey duffel we'll use for the pool and water park (Aquatica).

Cool.

Do you want me to post any pic?

if you could post the one of the family with July 2 -7 SSR July 7-11 BLT

that would be great.

We are offsite from June 29 - July 11.
Me - Christina, Hubby - Steve and kids Christian (8) and Kianna (5)

DSC00199.jpg
[/IMG]

Just curious, do you book your hotel in advance for your trip down? We do not, in case we can make it further. When we drove down in March we did make it where we wanted to stop, but it was tough because we hit some BAD traffic. I wish we had made a ressie - because the hotel we really wanted was booked. Next time, we are going to call ahead when we get close to where we want to stop. I was just curious what other "drivers" do. We like to make it to Walterboro S.C. on I-95.

I booked out hotels for the drive down as soon as the dates were available! :lmao:

I always book in advance. I make sure to get a rate that has a last-minute cancellation policy. For the ones I booked, we can cancel up until either 4PM or 6PM the day we are supposed to check in, depending on the hotel.

I'm also a hotel snob. Well, I'm not that picky...I mean I don't have to stay at the Ritz-Carlton! But, I prefer to book either Hiltons or Marriotts. On I-95, it's usually either Fairfield Inn by marriott or Hampton Inn by Hilton. Both include breakfast which helps because I wouldn't even know where to eat breakfast besides I-HOP! I won't stay at Days Inn, Super 8, Red Roof Inn or Motel 6. I don't criticize others for staying at those motels, this is an issue I have and I admit it! :rotfl:

The drive to Lumberton, NC is 9 hours and 45 minutes from our house, without stopping. Last time, DH and I woke up at 4:30 AM. We quickly got ready. We had put all the luggage downstairs in the living room the night before, so it was ready to be put into the car. DH went to the bagel store (the beauty of living in Brooklyn=24-hr. bagel stores!!), I got the kids ready and gave them a quick snack (cereal bars). We made sure everything was packed into the car, then we left by 6AM. Stopped at Dunkin Donuts on the way to the highway, and got some coffee for the car ride. We stopped at around 9AM (Baltimore, MD) to eat our bagels for breakfast, and for a bathroom break. We stopped again around 12:30 in Virginia for lunch at Wendy's, put gas in the car and take a bathroom break. Then we drive straight to Lumberton, NC without stopping! By the time we were all checked in and inside the room, it was 5:30. DH went to the local BBQ place down the road to get us some take-out while I stayed in the room and played with the kids. The following day we drove to Savannah which was only 3 and a half hours away so we made it straight through and we had lunch when we got there. We wanted to spend an afternoon there so that's why we drove so far the first day of the trip. It was beautiflul there! Then we drove down to Boca to visit some relatives (it was about 7 hours from Savannah to Boca).

This time, we plan to do the same thing on the day we leave. However, this time we are driving to St. Augustine, FL the second day (about 6 hours drive from Lumberton, NC). We will stop for lunch in Savannah on the way. Then we drive to Boca, but it will only be 4 hours from St. Augustine to Boca. So each day we drive a little less! It takes 3 hours from the hotel in Boca (Embassy Suites) to WDW!! ;)

Oh goody finally getting a face to go with the DIS name.
July 3rd-6th at AKLV and July 7th-14th at BCV

Dad, me, and mom on my sweet sixteen in WDW 2 years ago.
IMG_4846-1.jpg

Tink is a good friend of mine ;)
IMG_0774-1.jpg

OHhhhh i'm stoned - i forgot our dates LOL

ok i blame the heat and the fact that i've spent the last week sweet up a storm here cleaning the back yard in 92 degree heat.

so we arrive July 23 French Quarter and leave...... - hummm i can't remember

i'll have to go find out

EDIT"

ok - the 23 to the 30 at the French Quarter.

boy i hate when the old grey matter stops working.

OHhhhh i'm stoned - i forgot our dates LOL

ok i blame the heat and the fact that i've spent the last week sweet up a storm here cleaning the back yard in 92 degree heat.

so we arrive July 23 French Quarter and leave...... - hummm i can't remember

i'll have to go find out

EDIT"

ok - the 23 to the 30 at the French Quarter.

boy i hate when the old grey matter stops working.

Done

Wow! This thread has been super busy.

I think I am on list for staying at Pop. But I had a crisis.

I went to book my room, and BAM!!! Pop was completely booked. :sad1: We love Pop.

So I had to obsessively compulsively research to decide on a new resort. :laughing:

We now staying POFQ! :jester:

Wow! This thread has been super busy.

I think I am on list for staying at Pop. But I had a crisis.

I went to book my room, and BAM!!! Pop was completely booked. :sad1: We love Pop.

So I had to obsessively compulsively research to decide on a new resort. :laughing:

We now staying POFQ! :jester:

Oh awesome!!! Was it reeeally booked or is that just what you told DH?! :lmao: I've never stayed at POFQ but we really like POR and I've heard great things about FQ.

23646_1376148236169_1005729191_31120938_5823069_n.jpg

Here we are! And this is about how we will look! :laughing: Probably even the same clothes! :lmao:

Oh but my DS is taller now. He is growing so fast right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter