*OFFICIAL* July 2010 Thread! It’s Hot. It’s Crowded. AND WE LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks.

Means more dis time ehehe

Thanks. I am going to read a lot. I love reading and never really have as much time as I'd like. But then again, when you're stuck in bed, not much else to do. And tv gets old fast hehe

Definitely more Dis time, and lots of time to read (I love to read too!), you are right though, TV gets boring after awhile.

We leave for our drive down to Florida in 6 weeks from today! :banana:

This morning at 6:30, I told DH that in 6 weeks at that time we better already be in Staten Island!! (We're leaving Brooklyn, NY at 6AM like last time). He said, of course at that hour we will be in Staten Island already, probably close to NJ already!!! I love this...it's so close it's almost here! :)

We leave for our drive down to Florida in 6 weeks from today! :banana:

This morning at 6:30, I told DH that in 6 weeks at that time we better already be in Staten Island!! (We're leaving Brooklyn, NY at 6AM like last time). He said, of course at that hour we will be in Staten Island already, probably close to NJ already!!! I love this...it's so close it's almost here! :)

Woooo Hoooo!!

I was just about to respond "ME TOO!" but then I checked again and I will be on my way in only FIVE weeks!! Holy crap, it's coming so fast!!!

My DH is from SI and my sister lives there now. (We are in NJ, about 15 mins from the Outerbridge.) Her DH is a police officer in Brooklyn! :)

Woooo Hoooo!!

I was just about to respond "ME TOO!" but then I checked again and I will be on my way in only FIVE weeks!! Holy crap, it's coming so fast!!!

My DH is from SI and my sister lives there now. (We are in NJ, about 15 mins from the Outerbridge.) Her DH is a police officer in Brooklyn! :)

That means five weeks from today, we will wake up in a hotel somewhere in South Carolina or Georgia - and be on our way to the house of the mouse!:banana::banana::banana:

That sounds so close - and there is so much left to do!!! My kids still have 10 school days (plus weekends) after today.

Ok Nikki! I watched the video. And you made my mom cry! :P She said it was beautiful. And asked me to do a video of us. HAPPY!! LOL

Ok Nikki! I watched the video. And you made my mom cry! :P She said it was beautiful. And asked me to do a video of us. HAPPY!! LOL

Thanks! I can't believe your mom cried!! Haha!

Nikki, what software did you use?

Ugh, it took forever! I first bought a machine to transfer VHS to DVD, then I had to buy a program to convert DVD to be able to save the videos to my computer THEN, just like the picture-only videos I made, I used imovie.

I'm actually thinking about doing to for other people as a little side business! Gotta figure how that will all work but if you are interested in having one made for you, I might be able to help! :thumbsup2

nettaboo -- I love your menus, activity books and welcome to disney signs!!

The kids will love them!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I have what may be a really silly question - a couple of them actually - so bear with me and no snickering at the "newbie" :laughing:

On Monday July 5 at Epcot - We have an ADR for 12 noon for lunch at Akerhus in Norway. I was not planning on arriving at Epcot until 11:30 or so and go straight to our lunch reservation and then after lunch tour the other pavillions in the world showcase. We are doing no rides that day. What are the chances of them "shutting " the park down to new arrivals because they are at capcity by 12 noon? I have read horror stories from people on other DIS boards of them arriving only to be turned away because park is at capacity. If we have an ADR will we get in anyway?

We are driving to the park - if we are only going in the world showcase area is there a better way to get in so we do not have to walk thru the entire futureworld section to get to Norway? Will we even get a parking space by that time of the day?

Any direction I can get on this I would appreciate.

Also do they still have the Kim Possible game going at the world showcase and if so where do we sign up? I thought my kids could do that this day as we walked around the diffrerent countires.

Help......:worship:

I have what may be a really silly question - a couple of them actually - so bear with me and no snickering at the "newbie" :laughing:

On Monday July 5 at Epcot - We have an ADR for 12 noon for lunch at Akerhus in Norway. I was not planning on arriving at Epcot until 11:30 or so and go straight to our lunch reservation and then after lunch tour the other pavillions in the world showcase. We are doing no rides that day. What are the chances of them "shutting " the park down to new arrivals because they are at capcity by 12 noon? I have read horror stories from people on other DIS boards of them arriving only to be turned away because park is at capacity. If we have an ADR will we get in anyway?

We are driving to the park - if we are only going in the world showcase area is there a better way to get in so we do not have to walk thru the entire futureworld section to get to Norway? Will we even get a parking space by that time of the day?

Any direction I can get on this I would appreciate.

Also do they still have the Kim Possible game going at the world showcase and if so where do we sign up? I thought my kids could do that this day as we walked around the diffrerent countires.

Help......:worship:

This is my first time going around such a busy holiday but from what I've heard, it really is rare that Epcot will close to capacity. Plus, I think there's more of a chance they will close on the 4th, not so much the 5th. That being said, if the park IS filled to capacity, an ADR will not get you in! I wouldn't worry about it but if it makes you feel better, you should try to get there a little earlier.

I believe Kim Possible is still around. There is a kiosk on the walkway between FW and WS. That might be another reason to get there earlier. If you go to that kiosk and sign up, they will give you a time to return and get your phone. Depending on how crowded it is, it might be a few hours before your time comes up.

Hope that helps! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter