*OFFICIAL* July 2010 Thread! It’s Hot. It’s Crowded. AND WE LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at CBR July 4-9th!!
I will post ADR soon:) ( I have them it is just that I am at work) LOL!

We are having a big family trip to Disney this summer! My sister is in the summer ICP program that started May 2 and her last day there is July 30. We are going down July 27th for 10 days at POP to celebrate:

HER birthday on the 31st
My husband's FIRST visit!
Our 1st anniversary!

Coming along for the trip....other sister and her friend, and my parents!

I wonder how many buttons you can wear at one time? :)

I'm heading down for a quick trip with my mom July 18-20. We'll be staying at the Boardwalk Inn...a new resort for both of us. :)

We are having a big family trip to Disney this summer! My sister is in the summer ICP program that started May 2 and her last day there is July 30. We are going down July 27th for 10 days at POP to celebrate:

HER birthday on the 31st
Our 1st anniversary!

I'm heading down for a quick trip with my mom July 18-20. We'll be staying at the Boardwalk Inn...a new resort for both of us. :)

Welcome to you both!! Sounds like fun trips!!

If you want to post your ADRs, there is a looooong list going on the top of page 7. I'd be happy to add you!

So excited!!! We were married in Disney's Wedding Pavilion in 2007. We've been back for our anniversary each year, and this year we'll be there for anniversary #3 from July 18-23! We were going to try to go cheaper this year and stay at POP, but then I got a PIN, so AKL here we come!!!! :banana::banana:

I was just browsing through the last couple pages and saw everyone mentioning the dessert party. We did it last summer, on July 3, so please feel free to ask if you have any questions :goodvibes

HER birthday on the 31st
Our 1st anniversary!

Welcome! I added you to the list on page 92. How neat - where is your sister working? Sounds like a big time celebration!

Welcome! I added you to the list on page 92 - LOVE the BWI! It is my favorite Epcot resort!!

How cute is that!

So excited!!! We were married in Disney's Wedding Pavilion in 2007. We've been back for our anniversary each year, and this year we'll be there for anniversary #3 from July 18-23! We were going to try to go cheaper this year and stay at POP, but then I got a PIN, so AKL here we come!!!! :banana::banana:

Welcome! I added you to the list on page 92. Don't you love PINS? Being nosy - what does SRU stand for? We have a Slippery Rock University here in PA, that is why I am asking.

For some reason I'm just beside myself with excitement about our July trip today! For a while now we've been done with all the planning, ADRs and stuff but today I just got so fired up. We're all paid up, spending $$ saved and it's just a couple months away. It's just finally hitting me that it's REAL and we're going on our first ever family vacation and doing it in STYLE!! :goodvibes

YAY!!! Sounds like you had a truly magical wedding a few years ago! How nice also that you have been going back for your anniversary ever since! We'll be there at the same time...we go from July 13-23 and we're staying at Boardwalk Villas (DVC members).

For some reason I'm just beside myself with excitement about our July trip today! For a while now we've been done with all the planning, ADRs and stuff but today I just got so fired up. We're all paid up, spending $$ saved and it's just a couple months away. It's just finally hitting me that it's REAL and we're going on our first ever family vacation and doing it in STYLE!! :goodvibes
The reality of this trip getting closer and closer is really hitting me now too! I've been looking forward to this trip ever since we became DVC members in September 2008! We bought shortly after our last trip so we could bank enough points so we could begin our new tradition of going to WDW every other year for 10 nights and staying in a 1-bedroom villa at BWV. So back then we knew that our first trip "home" would be in July 2010 and even when we booked it 11 months in advance, that felt like a milestone! :lmao: Now it is so close I can feel it, and being a teacher I am starting to realize how close we are to the end of the school year. I was looking at the curriculum today for my Level II Italian classes and planning when I am going to teach each topic, and there is very little left, and also very few days left of classes! That made the trip seem even closer!

Last time, we stayed at Pop Century (before becoming DVC members, back in July 2008), so going from a Value resort to a DVC resort is a big difference and that is hitting me now too. And before our July 2008 trip, which was our first family trip and the first time DH and I were at WDW together, neither DH nor I had ever stayed on Disney property! So this just keeps getting better and better! We had each only stayed offsite in the past! For me, it was 2 trips with my parents and sister as a kid and 2 school trips in high school with chorus, and for DH it was one time with a few other guys for Spring Break senior year of college. He actually drove down from Buffalo, NY and went even further...they drove all the way to Key West :scared1:!!!

We'll be at BWV -- a new resort for us, too!

Our trip at BWV overlaps with yours for about a week! I noticed in the list on page 92. It's our home resort as DVC members, but this is our first trip as DVC members so it is a new resort for us too! They finished the refurbishment a few months ago so everything is new and I hear the rooms are awesome!!!! ;)

We'll be in a 1-bedroom standard view. How about you?

Welcome! I added you to the list on page 92. Don't you love PINS? Being nosy - what does SRU stand for? We have a Slippery Rock University here in PA, that is why I am asking.

That's exactly what it stands for!! That's where my husband and I went to college and met each other :) :)

That's exactly what it stands for!! That's where my husband and I went to college and met each other :) :)

That is so neat!! My husband and I met at the University of Pittsburgh (aka Pitt). We live north of Pittsburgh. My daughter is considering Slippery Rock though.

That is so neat!! My husband and I met at the University of Pittsburgh (aka Pitt). We live north of Pittsburgh. My daughter is considering Slippery Rock though.

It's a great school (especially for education,) and the renovations they've done over the past few years are insane!! I wish I could go there NOW :) I grew up north of Pittsburgh, so even though we live in SC now, we still have a lot of family there and go back often.

It's a great school (especially for education,) and the renovations they've done over the past few years are insane!! I wish I could go there NOW :) I grew up north of Pittsburgh, so even though we live in SC now, we still have a lot of family there and go back often.

DD is considering early childhood education. I say the same things about Pitt - so much nicer than when I was there - which was late 70s early 80s.
We live in Hampton Twp in Allison Park.

Hi all, I'm new to the boards. Just discovered them a few days ago and I'm shocked at how much I didn't know about Disney despite the fact that I've been there many times! Never knew you could get as much as 40% off!

Anyway, we are going July 3-10 and staying at POP. This is the first time we're staying on property so we're looking forward to it. I think the kids will LOVE it (I'm excited too!).

Hi all, I'm new to the boards. Just discovered them a few days ago and I'm shocked at how much I didn't know about Disney despite the fact that I've been there many times! Never knew you could get as much as 40% off!

Anyway, we are going July 3-10 and staying at POP. This is the first time we're staying on property so we're looking forward to it. I think the kids will LOVE it (I'm excited too!).

Welcome!! I have added you to the list on page 92. It looks like you will have a lot of Disboard company at POP! There is also an ADR list on page 93, if you would like to post any ADRs. These boards are a wealth of information!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter