*OFFICIAL* July 2010 Thread! It’s Hot. It’s Crowded. AND WE LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone just checking in. We are going to be slamed with snow tommorrow I cant wait until spring gets here. Remind me of how much I hate the cold when I am complaining about the heat in July in Disney...:banana:

I have next week off and will start to get my Disney planning all put together I am soo excited about going to disney four years is just way to long in between trips but that is all we can afford. I plan on making the most of it while I am there!!!:rotfl:

DH, DS8, and I will be at the world July 2nd-July 11. July 2-5 at Coronado Springs and July 6-11, AKL Concierge!!!!

Can hardly wait! I am so ready for the warmth compared to this snow!

:welcome: I have added you to the list on page 21 - sounds like a great trip! I have heard that AKL concierge is one of the best.

We want to take my dd and family from July 14 to July 18. I'm waiting to see if any codes will be offered. Any rumors about July Discounts.

:welcome: I have added you to the list on page 21 - just keep us posted on your plans and I will update it. I am hoping for some July discounts myself.
Have you signed up on Disney's website? Some people claim that if you do, and you go on and save some tentative vacations, they sometimes send a discount code. I have not had such luck but many others have.

Any news on when the Wishes dessert party will be back?

I would like to try that too - maybe they will bring it back for summer!

I planning on seeing Cirque for me & DH's birthday, however I am hesitant to buy the tickets yet (for late July). There is an AP discount now til (I believe) March? I was hoping to hold out for a little longer in case there is a discount since we have 5 tickets to buy.

Cirque is a wonderful show. They seem to be offereing a lot of AP discounts lately - hopefully they will for summer.

It is days like today when I have to shovel tons of snow and wait outside for kids parents to pick them up from school that I just can't wait for the summer and our trip to the polynesian.

:beach: Think warm!!!

Hi everyone just checking in. We are going to be slamed with snow tommorrow I cant wait until spring gets here. Remind me of how much I hate the cold when I am complaining about the heat in July in Disney...:banana:

I have next week off and will start to get my Disney planning all put together I am soo excited about going to disney four years is just way to long in between trips but that is all we can afford. I plan on making the most of it while I am there!!!:rotfl:

We are supposed to get more snow today too. School is cancelled but it has not started snowing yet. Another 6-10 on top of our 2 feet. I promise not to complain in July!!!

Have fun planning, I think sometimes the planning is as much fun (or more fun) than the trip itself!!

We are supposed to get more snow today too. School is cancelled but it has not started snowing yet. Another 6-10 on top of our 2 feet. I promise not to complain in July!!!

You got 2 feet this weekend!!! We only got a few inches but we are supposed to get it bad tonight/tomorrow. I can't believe they cancelled school already. I'm sure my school will be cancelled too, I just hope they make the call tonight. I remember a couple of years ago in June, they called us the night before to cancel school because of a heat wave! The best was that my school has air condintioning!! But not every school in the district does so we closed!

You got 2 feet this weekend!!! We only got a few inches but we are supposed to get it bad tonight/tomorrow. I can't believe they cancelled school already. I'm sure my school will be cancelled too, I just hope they make the call tonight. I remember a couple of years ago in June, they called us the night before to cancel school because of a heat wave! The best was that my school has air condintioning!! But not every school in the district does so we closed!

Yes, it was between 20-26 inches in different parts around Pittsburgh. We lost power for 12 hours over the weekend. Our district was one of the last to cancel - most announced cancellations during the day yesterday. Even the local universities are closed - and trust me that never happens! It was nice knowing last night. The only problem is now we have to start make up days. Our district schedules 184 days and after 2 snow days, they have to make them up. Now they are going to school Monday (Presidents Day) which is ok, but after that it impacts summer and spring break.

I remember that heat wave a few years ago - I didn't realize schools closed, but it makes sense with no a/c.

No school for me tomorrow!!! :banana:

We're supposed to get about a foot of snow that's not supposed to stop until Thursday morning so maybe no school Thursday either!!

I am so jealous that all of you have snow days tomorrow! I haven't had a single one this year, and I teach in Buffalo!

We'll be at WL July 19-23. Our first adult only trip and first WDW trip in July! We have been in June many times.:yay:

No school for me tomorrow!!! :banana:

We're supposed to get about a foot of snow that's not supposed to stop until Thursday morning so maybe no school Thursday either!!

:thumbsup2 Enjoy your day off!!!

I am so jealous that all of you have snow days tomorrow! I haven't had a single one this year, and I teach in Buffalo!

They are great until they have to be made up. So far just a 2 hour delay tomorrow.

We'll be at WL July 19-23. Our first adult only trip and first WDW trip in July! We have been in June many times.:yay:

:welcome: I have added you to the list on page 21

Thought we could move the list up in the thread. Keep me posted if anything changes!

6/25-7/6 airhead Dolphin
6/26-7/10 fav_is_tink ASMu
6/28-7/5 erin1998 CBR
6/29-7/6 DisneyClown Pop
6/29-7/7 mdrob Poly.
7/1-7/6 tinkerbell60 Contemporary
7/1-7/9 nikkiloveswdw POR
7/1-7/7 Floridian1989 BLT
7/2-7/5 jeremysdisneymom Poly Club
7/2-7/12 airhead
7/2-7/10 mickeymouse108 POR
7/2-7/10 connie1042 FW then offsite
7/3-7/9 bcrook26 Ft. Wilderness
7/3-7/10 ican’twait BWV
7/3-7/10 martinolichfamily Pop
7/3-7/11 valenrandy CR
7/3-7/11 mistymouse5001 AS Mo
7/3-7/6 princesskelz AKV
7/3-7/4 Eyeyores#1Fan Holiday Inn DTD
7/3-7/17 Irishdancer86 Hampton Inn Kirkman
7/6-7/11 jeremysdisneymom AKL Concierge
7/6-7/13 krn82259 BWV
7/6-7/14 tinkerbell60 AS Sports
7/6-7/14 princesskelz BCV
7/8-7/16 Danibelle Marriott Grand Vista
7/11-7/20 marshay BWV
7/11-7/16 disneydreamingdebby AKV
7/11-7/24 luvpalmtrees CBR
7/11-7/25 miss mo CSR
7/11-7/17 jrar4ever ASMu
7/12-7/24 BreezysMom Poly
7/12-7/26 BabyFu SOG
7/12-7/26 ChrisKsAngel SOG
7/13-7/22 hoverpumpkin Universal Royal Pacific & Poly
7/13-7/22 Guzzi CSR
7/13-7/25 cottonwoodgal Ft. Wilderness
7/13-7/23 jue40 BC
7/14-7/24 radius SOG
7/14-7/18 pmdeve ??
7/16-7/27 Disneybabe84 AsMu
7/16-7/20 Disneydreamingdebby BCV
7/17-8/1 DisneyMomx7 BC
7/17-7/25 Samar AKL
7/17-7/23 morley BWI
7/17-7/25 wdwnut61 Poly CL
7/18-7/23 december14disney Villas at Grand Californian Hotel changed to DLR trip
7/18-8/1 popartgal
7/18-7/30 mommykds BC?
7/19-7/24 tinkgurl CR
7/19-7/25 katiebelle21 Poly
7/19-7/23 mothergoose WL
7/19-7/27 chippydale33 BWV
7/20-7/25 Mary T in PA Poly
7/20-7/28 xoktenox Pop
7/20-7/29 Ready2GoBack
7/21-7/22 Badgerfan AKL
7/21-7/25 mgsmom Fort Wilderness Cabin
7/21-7/26 EclecticWAHM BWI
7/21-7/28 JNukem AKL Kidani
7/22-7/31 TamaraQT ????
7/23-7/30 Badgerfan POFQ
7/23-7/30 nettaboo OKW, SSR
7/24-8/03 tblaube BLT & Poly
7/24-7/31 awaldo WL
7/24-7/31 lisal1005 GF
7/24-7/31 tinkgurl OKW
7/24-8/6 weezy26nm offsite
7/25-7/30 njtinkmom BLT
7/25-8/4 jndmommy BCV & OKW
7/25-8/4 ljspjsapsras BCV
7/25-8/1 maryk BCV
7/24-7/30 luvmysoldier07 Poly
7/26-7/30 figmentfan0724 WLV
7/26-8/5 saradela Pop
7/26-8/8 maya POR
7/27-8/3 MissDisney121 Poly
7/29-8/6 X and G's mom CBR
7/30-8/3 Badgerfan CR
7/30-8/6 letstalkboutdisney BC
Exact Dates Unknown ValinWV CR/POR
Exact Dates Unknown kdkbrebel
Exact Dates Unknown cmac609

:thumbsup2 Enjoy your day off!!!

They are great until they have to be made up. So far just a 2 hour delay tomorrow.

:welcome: I have added you to the list on page 21

Yeah the school I teach at has to make up 6 or 8 day days so far and they are going until around June 16th so that is no fun.

Yeah the school I teach at has to make up 6 or 8 day days so far and they are going until around June 16th so that is no fun.

Wow, that is a lot of days to make up. So far we just have one day, and that is being made up Monday (Presidents Day). But, if they end up cancelling tomorrow, I think they start tacking it on at the end of the year.

I thought that we should stop talking about the weather and get some conversation going about Disney in July!!

What is the first park you like to visit and why?

We have to go to MK, or it doesn't feel right. Our first trip in 2004, we went to MK - arrived just in time for the afternoon parade, were lucky enough to snag curb seats right on Main Street in the circle in front of the train station. So, the kids got to see all the characters in the parade first thing. It was a great way to start. One year, we tried Epcot first. We had fun, but it just wasn't the same. So, now we always start with MK. The first part of our stay this summer is at the CR, so this will make things really easy!

Anybody else???????

Ooooh I like this conversation! I just go tin from shoveling and can feel my legs thawing out!

Well, we are like you...ALWAYS do MK first! BUT this time we think we're going to do something different. We always take the first flight out, RUN to MK and become so exhausted by the afternoon. This time, especially since we are going during such a busy time of year, we are going to take it easy!

The plan is to get to POR around 10, check in and take the boat down to DTD for lunch! Shop, walk around, go back to POR. Hopefully get into our room early enough to take a nap/shower and head to Epcot for dinner at Rose and Crown at 7:30!! We are so excited with our first day plan this year! I can't wait!!!!!!

Ooooh I like this conversation! I just go tin from shoveling and can feel my legs thawing out!

Well, we are like you...ALWAYS do MK first! BUT this time we think we're going to do something different. We always take the first flight out, RUN to MK and become so exhausted by the afternoon. This time, especially since we are going during such a busy time of year, we are going to take it easy!

The plan is to get to POR around 10, check in and take the boat down to DTD for lunch! Shop, walk around, go back to POR. Hopefully get into our room early enough to take a nap/shower and head to Epcot for dinner at Rose and Crown at 7:30!! We are so excited with our first day plan this year! I can't wait!!!!!!

I know what you mean about wiping yourself out in the first day. We used to do the same thing when we flew. Now that we are driving, we don't get there first thing in the morning anyway.

We have done it both ways...hit the parks the first day & rested & hung out at the resort...For us an easier first day works better. We drive too so we usually go to DTD for shopping & dinner & then have an early night. Maybe some swimming too but that's about it. I am always chomping at the bit to get into a park but the other way works well with my kids..better to start off well rested with them.:)

We are planning on arriving in the afternoon -
and doing NO parks the first day! :scared1:
We are going to get our stuff put away in the cabin, go for a swim (let DD blow off some steam after being in the car for 8 hours). Have a big dinner at Trail's End, then check out the campside sing-a-long with Chip N Dale, outdoor Disney movie, and hopefully watch MK fireworks from the beach. And all without leaving our resort! :woohoo:

I figured after driving 8 or 9 hours to get there, we will be glad to stretch out and get settled in.

The next morning we will be hitting MK bright and early! I can't wait to see DD's face!

We have done it both ways...hit the parks the first day & rested & hung out at the resort...For us an easier first day works better. We drive too so we usually go to DTD for shopping & dinner & then have an early night. Maybe some swimming too but that's about it. I am always chomping at the bit to get into a park but the other way works well with my kids..better to start off well rested with them.:)

I agree - well rested works best. Last year, we drove but went to DH's aunt's house first. We got into Disney in the evening, stayed offsite at a Hawthorne Suite in Lake Buena Vista - went to dinner, and then in the morning went over and checked into CBR. It was a relaxing start that way.

Which park do you start with when you do go the next day?

We are planning on arriving in the afternoon -
and doing NO parks the first day! :scared1:
We are going to get our stuff put away in the cabin, go for a swim (let DD blow off some steam after being in the car for 8 hours). Have a big dinner at Trail's End, then check out the campside sing-a-long with Chip N Dale, outdoor Disney movie, and hopefully watch MK fireworks from the beach. And all without leaving our resort! :woohoo:

I figured after driving 8 or 9 hours to get there, we will be glad to stretch out and get settled in.

The next morning we will be hitting MK bright and early! I can't wait to see DD's face!

I think after an 8-9 hour drive with a little one that is a great plan. We made the mistake our first trip trying to do too much on day one. DS was only 6 and he was wiped.

Oh my goodness guys, the SNOW is insane!! I went out and shoveled this morning and it wasn't bad at all but just in the past few hours it started coming down FAST! Then about an hour or so ago, I started hearing this weird loud noise and smelled a burning...then came the sirens! I called my mom because I saw my dad's car on the corner (he's a fireman) and she said the call was for a "live wire!!" The noise I heard was electricity!! So scary! The power just came back on. So glad it wasn't out for too long!

Just keep thinking about hot, sunny Floriday in July!!

I agree - well rested works best. Last year, we drove but went to DH's aunt's house first. We got into Disney in the evening, stayed offsite at a Hawthorne Suite in Lake Buena Vista - went to dinner, and then in the morning went over and checked into CBR. It was a relaxing start that way.

Which park do you start with when you do go the next day?

This July we will start off with Animal Kingdom. I use TGM for the park days & that day is supposed to be good...we have used TGM before & it makes sense but hot & crowded is hot & crowded no matter what day so we plan to take it super easy & only do alittle each day. The kids love EE so we will make a point to get there at rope drop hopefully ride EE twice, eat a late breakfast with Donald & then anything else is icing on the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter