*** Official January 2024 Thread ***

I'll be there January 10-14 with 9 of my best friends to celebrate my 40th birthday! Some of us are at the Swan Reserve and others are at Coronado.

We're doing MK on Jan 11, Epcot on Jan 12 and likely a monorail bar crawl on the 13th before dinner at Il Mulino. So sorry in advance because we'll be those people.

Today, I named the group chat for the trip "Epcot Terrans" and I feel like I can die happy. Not everyone understands the joke yet, but they soon will.

Hi Everyone! Sorry I've been awol but I believe I've updated the first post with everyone's trip dates (check first post if you're not sure) and ride closures (Frozen 😭). I've been shuffling dining reservations around and deciding to do three Epcot days so we can really take our time and enjoy Festival of the Arts. We also scored a lunch reservation at Space 220 so we're excited about that and tempering our expectations about the food.

This is our first trip since Fastpass+ went away and I'm still trying to wrap my head around Genie + but I think I get the gist of it. Setting 2 hour alarms on phone or booking when we tap into the ride seem to be the thing.

We're planning a mix of "late entry, close the park" days and "early morning hours/rope drop, finish up park by afternoon" days. 9 more days!

I’m also still trying to figure out Genie+ I used it 2 years ago, once in WDW and once in DL. I’ve been checking the tip board constantly to see what times the LL sell out etc.

Trying to figure out how to do MMRR and Slinky Dog at HS. Whichever I pick as the first LL, the second will be sold out by the time I can book another.
hopefully the new years/marathon crowds start leaving soon!

I've had Disney Tourist Blog's articles about Genie+ at MK and HS open for weeks and read them periodically...we've never used G+ either. A year ago we got along without it, but only because at HS we were joining up with a VIP tour. Without that, HS would have been awful. So definitely want to try it this year.

As of last night, my snow worries are a little less for our early Tuesday flight. Last forecast said 2 inches. Hoping it stays that way and doesn't move too much toward our daughter further south.

As of last night, my snow worries are a little less for our early Tuesday flight. Last forecast said 2 inches. Hoping it stays that way and doesn't move too much toward our daughter further south.

I'll quote myself too! So, the forecast is getting much worse. A couple of hours ago SW put a weather alert on Monday and Tuesday flights from Omaha. That allowed the four of us flying out of OMA to switch our Tuesday 6 am flight to Monday afternoon nonstop!! Shouldn't be much snow yet at that point. DD22 and BF don't get to make a free change since STL is not affected. They're going to be mad at us for going early lol.

Was able to get a room at CBR for tomorrow night. Then we'll see if they make us move. (For our real reservation we have two rooms and requested Jamaica and close together. I might just plan on moving to wherever they put us for that.)

Got our Mears reservation changed to 4 people on Monday and 2 on Tuesday.

DD25 and I will try to get some work done this evening and early tomorrow morning before heading out. The guys won't have to work.

Pet plans are arranged, Walmart order moved up.

I was super worried yesterday about the travel and this should work out well.

I'll quote myself too! So, the forecast is getting much worse. A couple of hours ago SW put a weather alert on Monday and Tuesday flights from Omaha. That allowed the four of us flying out of OMA to switch our Tuesday 6 am flight to Monday afternoon nonstop!! Shouldn't be much snow yet at that point. DD22 and BF don't get to make a free change since STL is not affected. They're going to be mad at us for going early lol.

Was able to get a room at CBR for tomorrow night. Then we'll see if they make us move. (For our real reservation we have two rooms and requested Jamaica and close together. I might just plan on moving to wherever they put us for that.)

Got our Mears reservation changed to 4 people on Monday and 2 on Tuesday.

DD25 and I will try to get some work done this evening and early tomorrow morning before heading out. The guys won't have to work.

Pet plans are arranged, Walmart order moved up.

I was super worried yesterday about the travel and this should work out well.
Aww the Omaha airport. I miss flying out of there. Don't miss the winter weather though lol. I hope everything goes well and you have a great trip!

we had booked Beach Club water view using the AP discount, but were able to rebook to a resort view, saving us about $375 over the stay. Woot! Beach Club water view looked to be a toss up between the lake and the pool, and we'd be...not pleased to pay $375 for a view of the pool, so this is exciting!

Getting so close!
We booked with the new Dining Plan (yay!), but I have never used a dining plan.

Can someone clarify what a coffee credit (like Joffreys or Starbucks) might count as?
Also, can someone NOT eat at a particular restaurant, and therefore not use a Table Service credit?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter