*** Official January 2024 Thread ***

Very excited about our trip but now kind of paranoid about getting sick in the park. My daughter has been ill for like a month (cold/flu off and on) and has missed so much school. I was reading a thread on Facebook and all these people describing absolute horror stories of getting sick in the parks!
Getting sick on a Disney trip is one of the most not magical things ever. Hopefully it won't happen to you! Sending get well soon wishes to your daughter!

I just booked a last minute trip for my husband’s birthday. There was zero DVC availability so we will be trying out CBR January 18-22.

Can't believe this, but just booked for January 9-13 at Caribbean Beach!

Was not going to do a family vacation because DD25 is getting married in June and now DD22 a year after that, but also, it worked out for all of us including the fiancees to do that week. Get a last fling in before the weddings, new jobs, moving, etc. Got the dining card promo so we'll have a total of $960 for food. We bring breakfast food, and do counter service, so it should cover it all!
Congrats!
I‘m going to be at CBR the 8th-11th. I love it there with the skyglider so close!

Very excited about our trip but now kind of paranoid about getting sick in the park. My daughter has been ill for like a month (cold/flu off and on) and has missed so much school. I was reading a thread on Facebook and all these people describing absolute horror stories of getting sick in the parks!
We are nervous about that too since we are traveling with a little for the first time! Make sure you bring meds with you, just in case, cause the stuff they sell in the shops are expensive and don't last!

Hello all!! We just planned a last minute trip for Dec. 31 - Jan. 4 with our three kiddos as a Christmas surprise. Crazy busy times, I know, but we've been enough times to understand how to navigate with Genie and to manage our expectations, so we're going for it! We hope to embrace the craziness and just soak up all the holiday magic! We're staying at the Dolphin for the second time and absolutely can't wait! So glad for this group to be excited with!

Happy December! We all go to Disney next month! It’s getting so close now 😁

We’ve been going 1-2 times a year for the past ten years or so (myself, DH and DD18) but my parents have decided to join us this time. I’m excited to show them around, last time they were there was the 25th bday cake castle!

We are staying at Swan, which I love - great value for the location and beautiful big rooms, but I would have liked for my parents to have the ease of MB for tickets and charging back to the room and I’m not crazy about the bus situation to MK from Swan. Should we just deal with the TTC or use the busses from Boardwalk/YC?

We have lots of Epcot time planned so that will be easy and our first night’s dinner will be Sebastian’s Bistro, which will be just a skyliner ride away.

Happy December! We all go to Disney next month! It’s getting so close now 😁

We’ve been going 1-2 times a year for the past ten years or so (myself, DH and DD18) but my parents have decided to join us this time. I’m excited to show them around, last time they were there was the 25th bday cake castle!

We are staying at Swan, which I love - great value for the location and beautiful big rooms, but I would have liked for my parents to have the ease of MB for tickets and charging back to the room and I’m not crazy about the bus situation to MK from Swan. Should we just deal with the TTC or use the busses from Boardwalk/YC?

We have lots of Epcot time planned so that will be easy and our first night’s dinner will be Sebastian’s Bistro, which will be just a skyliner ride away.
Keep in mind the Skyliner will be down Jan 16-21.
Have a great time!

Keep in mind the Skyliner will be down Jan 16-21.
Have a great time!
It looks like the line to IG will be closed til the 27th.

We were planning a boat and skyliner resort hopping with a beaches n cream Kitchen sink visit on one of our down days. Will have to take a boat back to HS I guess then take a line from there.

I'm with you! We're taking our 3 grandsons and it seems whenever a bug goes around they just keep passing it onto each other and someone in their house is sick from Dec til March!!

We caught covid at Disneyland in June 2022 and had to cut our trip a day short. So when we went back in February 2023, we were more cautious and smart about wearing masks anytime we were indoors in rides/queues/shops/etc. We ate all of our meals in places with outdoor seating.

We also wore masks non-stop at the airport and on the airplane. We were there for 6 park days and 7 nights and stayed healthy. So we plan to do the same for our WDW trip. We also all got up to date on our flu/covid vaccines this fall. I'm immunocompromised so always need to be careful. Some of it is just luck, of course, so we just do all we can do and hope for the best. A lot of it relies on other people being responsible and staying away from public spaces when they are sick. Sadly, a lot of people are selfish and don't do that.

Has anyone seen how long the Living with the Land Christmas overlay will be up? We will be there at the beginning of Jan and hope to see it still.

OK I think I'm caught up adding people to roll call. Thank you for your patience. Have been busy with sickness going around the house (everyone is better now) and this week has been high school selection for next year for my daughter. It's really been busy with other life stuff as well and so I feel like I haven't done much in the way of planning this trip at all!

Just saw a vlog by Super Enthused. She is staying at the Contemporary and was in one of the shops showing the 2024 merch!!! So exciting to see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter