*** Official January 2024 Thread ***

We aren't park hopping but there's rumours about Genie + changing on Jan 9th too. :oops:
I am crossing my fingers and toes that this is true!! I miss being able to plan; planning how to get from the airport to the resort is not the fun kind of vacation prep!

We are booked for a quick trip Jan 17-20. Got an email from Travelzoo for Delta Hotels by Marriott Orlando Celebration $59 a night and it includes $25 food credit each day. Too good to pass up!!

M
Hi there, added @missmickey , @Angela63, @kidnurse1137 and @KNovacovschi to the first post. It's starting to get busy! Where is everyone planning to make ADRs? the time to book is coming up!
My daughter wants CRT, so fingers crossed for that one! We are going to do Boma breakfast & O'hana breakfast. Other than those I'm not sure. With the all day park hopping I'm trying not to plan too many reservations....but that's SO hard for me! I'm a planner!!!!

M

My daughter wants CRT, so fingers crossed for that one! We are going to do Boma breakfast & O'hana breakfast. Other than those I'm not sure. With the all day park hopping I'm trying not to plan too many reservations....but that's SO hard for me! I'm a planner!!!!
I feel this! I'm a planner too but we aren't sure about where to eat. We're staying for a good chunk of the trip at the Drury near Disney Springs so our breakfasts are covered and kickback is a bit like a light dinner. I think we want to do Homecoming, Earl of Sandwich, Raglan Road and maybe Boathouse at DS. In the parks, likely QS since my daughter has told us she is too old for princess dining (sad!) and she's a fries and pizza kind of kid. I do want to get a cinnamon roll from Gaston's and try the fruit waffle at Sleepy Hollow. I figure we'll just snack our way around World Showcase in Epcot!

Interested in attending one of these events for the first time. Hopefully the dates will work out for when my family and I will be down there. I’ve heard a lot of great reviews. Have you ever attended one of these events?
We went in January 2020 and LOVED it. Little busy at the start of the night but by the mid to end we were sitting in an empty new Fantasyland eating Mickey bars and riding Dumbo alone back to back. Totally worth the cost!

Biscuits!!! Just got an e-mail that the Skyliner will be down for our entire visit in January. :(

Hello! I am joining this thread, with many thanks to Mintycake for starting it!

My husband, son (8), and I will be taking a very short trip on January 5th through 7th for the Marathon weekend, our first time traveling during January and my first RunDisney event! We're staying at the Gran Destino Tower, also trying club level for the first time.

And I'm sorry to hear about the Skyliner closer, that's a bummer!

Also--I'm excited to book ADRs a week from tomorrow! Just two since it's such a short trip for us: Sanaa the night before the Half Marathon, and the new Shiki-Sai restaurant for sushi the evening after the race!

Joining this thread as well. Bringing my two older children, 6 and 4, down for a quick jaunt from January 12th through January 15th. We'll be staying at Caribbean Beach.

Added @wizardtho and @jillinastoria to the roll call.

Is anyone doing any special events? We are debating between some kind of fireworks party (the one at California Grill looks neat) or maybe extended evening hours?

Added @wizardtho and @jillinastoria to the roll call.

Is anyone doing any special events? We are debating between some kind of fireworks party (the one at California Grill looks neat) or maybe extended evening hours?
Not us, unfortunately. Kids are still too little for such shenanigans. Hopefully in a couple of years when they have a bit more stamina, and I'm carrying their limp bodies out of the park at 9:30 PM...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter