***Official January 2023 Thread***

Last load of pre trip laundry done. I have this weird habit that I can't pack anything unless all laundry is done and put away. That way I have all the options and I don't come home to laundry. Anyone else? Just me? Leaving Saturday morning.
I'm the same way! And I always clean the house before I leave so I'm coming home to a tidy house with no chores waiting for me other than unpacking and doing that laundry.

i really dont know why but this trip has not even sunk in yet and we are going on tuesday. i havent done anything. not sure if i just feel wiped from the holidays or what but hoping to get it together this weekend.
It's tough vacationing around the holidays! We felt the same way. We snapped into gear the day before we left, and at that point, I was ready for a vacation!

It's tough vacationing around the holidays! We felt the same way. We snapped into gear the day before we left, and at that point, I was ready for a vacation!
we are leaving on Sunday (staying overnight near airport for our Monday flight) and I'm in full on panic mode, I just know I'll forget something. I'm working Friday and Saturday so hopefully they will fly by

i really dont know why but this trip has not even sunk in yet and we are going on tuesday. i havent done anything. not sure if i just feel wiped from the holidays or what but hoping to get it together this weekend.
Same. We were in WDW for Thanksgiving and then again for a quick trip in December. I'm tired from traveling and the holidays.

We did Festival of the Arts last year and loved it! I can't wait to see it again in a little over a week!!! I haven't started packing yet, but will probably bring up the suitcase this weekend. I just booked the trip in November, so it's like it hasn't settled in that we're going! Also, I tend to have really bad luck, so it's like I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop with something going wrong and we aren't able to go. Trying to stay positive though! :)

We did Festival of the Arts last year and loved it! I can't wait to see it again in a little over a week!!! I haven't started packing yet, but will probably bring up the suitcase this weekend. I just booked the trip in November, so it's like it hasn't settled in that we're going! Also, I tend to have really bad luck, so it's like I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop with something going wrong and we aren't able to go. Trying to stay positive though! :)
I feel you on waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm so concerned about one of us getting sick right before the trip. We started masking in public again just to do our best to avoid any germs. Doesn't look like we will have weather issues on our travel day (knock on wood) so that's good. So excited for the first reports from Festival of the Arts to start trickling in today!

I cannot wait to try some of these delicious looking offerings at the Festival of the Arts! I have never been to a WDW festival before (only DCA) - is there a sip & savor pass that you can purchase?

I cannot wait to try some of these delicious looking offerings at the Festival of the Arts! I have never been to a WDW festival before (only DCA) - is there a sip & savor pass that you can purchase?
I'm not aware of a Sip and Savor pass at WDW. What they usually offer is a reloadable gift card that you can wear on your wrist. Other than that, people use their magic bands. Here's a picture of this year's gift card!

Media Preview: First Look at the Food and Merchandise for the EPCOT Festival of the Arts

1-12-2023-Walt-Disney-World-EPCOT-Festival-of-the-Arts-FARTS-Media-Preview-18-700x525.jpg

this is my second to last festival to go to and i'll be there in 8 days!!! still need to do food and wine, but that'll be next year :) excited to see some vlogs before i go

Last year i visited 3 times and each visit just happened to be a different festival. i allllmost booked a quick weekend trip for festival of the holidays to complete festival bingo for 2022 but ran out of days we were busy already lol

Last year i visited 3 times and each visit just happened to be a different festival. i allllmost booked a quick weekend trip for festival of the holidays to complete festival bingo for 2022 but ran out of days we were busy already lol
i wish i could visit multiple times a year but my hubby picks his vacation, he has to bid for it, in november for the next year and majority of the time he can oly get times where it will be suuuuuper hot and i'm not about that lol. we usually like going end of April but since becoming DVC members we can now go at least once a year and i'd like to try festivals that aren't flower and garden lol. done that one at least 6 times hahaha

i wish i could visit multiple times a year but my hubby picks his vacation, he has to bid for it, in november for the next year and majority of the time he can oly get times where it will be suuuuuper hot and i'm not about that lol. we usually like going end of April but since becoming DVC members we can now go at least once a year and i'd like to try festivals that aren't flower and garden lol. done that one at least 6 times hahaha

We normally only go once a year. My wife is a teacher so we usually go the end of august since its the slowest time of year while shes off (ny schools start early sept). It can be brutally hot but its never seemed to ruin our time. This is now the second year I am doing a jan trip with just my son (he’s almost 5). Food and wine is a great time so i hope you get to go sometime but i think youll be pleasantly surprised with fest of the arts. i think it mightve been my favorite last year.

We got back home yesterday. Very fun with a first timer with us!

The weather was great, chilly in morning and evening. DD24 wanted to swim and got fully in three times. I got in with her once Wednesday and the others just put their feet in.

We did not do Genie+ and managed to get along okay. The crowds 1/8-1/13 were higher than I expected though. Our youngest person was 21 so we were able to keep a move on at rope drops.

Sunday 1/8- MK
We arrived at AoA mid-afternoon and got in line for MK bus which took 40 minutes but we didn't have any other bus issues this week. Arrived to park at 6:00.
Rides and wait times:
Pirates 15
Supper
BTMRR 55 (closing the next day so had to do it)
Splash 5
Jungle Cruise walk on (during fireworks)
TTA 5
Buzz 10
Space 55 (crowds building again after fireworks)

Monday 1/9- HS
Slept in this day because we were joining in with a VIP tour. Got on Star Tours ourselves in 30 beforehand, and MMRR in 30 afterwards (just coming up after being down). If we hadn't been on the tour, this day would have been rough especially not doing rope drop because nearly everything had waits of 1 to 2.5 hours.

Tuesday 1/10- MK
Arrived at bus stop shortly after 7 but had to wait a little. Still got pretty close to the front of Mine Train rope.
Mine Train 25
Peter Pan 25
Space 25
Mermaid 40 (!)
Boat
Tom Sawyer
Philharmagic
Pool break and return for evening
Small World 0
Mansion 10
Buzz 0
Two went on Jungle Cruise at 30 while 2 went on Teacups, Barnstormer, and Dumbo as walk ons
Pooh 25

Wednesday 1/11- Ep
Got GOTG while walking to skyliner, group 15, 4 of us trying and one watching time.gov
At skyliner at 7:00 and at front of rope
Off Remy at 8:35
Frozen 15
Guardians was called at 8:40
Test Track 30 at 9:20
Went to Guardians 30 minutes in line
Mission Space 5
Lunch
SSE 15
Nemo 0
Turtle Talk
Soarin 15
Living with the Land 0
Pool
Evening in World Showcase, Mexico ride 0
some rode Mission 0

Thursday 1/12- AK
At busses at 7
Off FOP at 8:56
Navi 15
Safari at 9:25 15
EE single rider
Nemo show
Shopping/pictures/lunch
tiger trail
bird show
EE single rider
Lion King show
Dinosaur 20
EE single rider
Flight of Passage at 6:40 50 minutes (said 80)

We normally only go once a year. My wife is a teacher so we usually go the end of august since its the slowest time of year while shes off (ny schools start early sept). It can be brutally hot but its never seemed to ruin our time. This is now the second year I am doing a jan trip with just my son (he’s almost 5). Food and wine is a great time so i hope you get to go sometime but i think youll be pleasantly surprised with fest of the arts. i think it mightve been my favorite last year.
I'm also taking just my 5-year-old this time. It's our first trip with just the two of us. It's a surprise.

:car: Wishing safe travels to everyone whose vacation starts NEXT WEEK! :car:

• January 22 to January 25: canyoncam (ASSp)
  • January 22 to January 26: RottnGemma (ASSp, followed by a cruise on the Wish!)
  • January 22 to January 27: QueenofScott (CR)
  • January 22 to January 28: Lanadeldisney (Pop)
  • January 22 to January 28: lily_belle (GF)
  • January 22 to January 29: Ejw5 (BWV)
  • January 22 to February 1: CalOilerGurl (BLT and OKW)
  • January 23 to January 29: loandbeholdlauren
  • January 23 to February 2: marij (Pop)
  • January 24 to January 28: VAtink (YC)
  • January 24 to January 29: MaxsDad (BLT)
  • January 24 to February 4: familyS (CSR GDT, AKV Savanna view!)
  • January 26 to February 5: Grace&Carolinesmom (POFQ)
  • January 27 to January 31: jandkmom (Poly, Club Level!)
  • January 27 to February 1: Jsharp13 (ASMu)
  • January 27 to February 1: Astylla (AKL, GF, SSR, AKL, RR)
  • January 27 to February 3: BelleChick (Poly)
  • January 28 to January 31: deli8788 (ASMo)
  • January 28 to February 1: ajollyholidaywithjo (Pop)
  • January 28 to February 1: karen4546 (GDT CL)
  • January 28 to February 2: jamie03 (Pop)
  • January 28 to February 4: KTwiegs (Pop)
  • January 28 to February 4: Letting It Go! (AoA)
  • January 28 to February 4: wlgreen94 (AKL)
  • January 28 to February 5: Siennalsla (Pop, followed by Loews at Universal!)
  • January 28 to February 5: teeeera (AKL)
  • January 28 to February 6: EnchantedWishes (Poly, WISH!, GF)

Last edited:
How does the Regal Eagle dining package work for obtaining seats for the Broadway Shows? Going next week and am trying to change form Le Cellier to this--but not seeing it as an option at all under the wdw dining reservation system. Does this mean it is sold out? Thanks in advance.

Sooo last minute but booked a short stay at AS Movies with my two boys! January 28-31. Haven't been since July 2021 - glad I am able to visit during the 50th celebration. Just doing two parks (MK and HS). They won't know until they get home from school on the 27th! First time I have been able to do this as a surprise :)

How does the Regal Eagle dining package work for obtaining seats for the Broadway Shows? Going next week and am trying to change form Le Cellier to this--but not seeing it as an option at all under the wdw dining reservation system. Does this mean it is sold out? Thanks in advance.
I don’t believe it’s sold out because I think it’s only available in-person for each day.

You would have to specifically book the dining package when you arrive at Regal Eagle, subject to availability. Here’s more information:

EPCOT Festival of the Arts — Disney on Broadway Concert Series Dining Packages

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter