***Official January 2023 Thread***

1/9 - I bought G+ yesterday for my HS to Epcot park hopping day and it was kind of a bust. I think it works better if you hop the other way around. The LLs at DHS went really quickly and most of the “good rides” at Epcot sold out of LL before we could book them.

I bought Rise (2:10pm) then booked Falcon for 10:40am and after that it was slim pickings to get anything that would come up before we had to park hop. I did get a Midway Mania for 2pm. Waits in HS were fairly long yesterday so we didn’t want to do standby.

After booking in the morning, we chilled at the resort, then took the Skyliner to HS, rode Millenium Falcon, saw Muppets, went to lunch at 50’s prime time, rode TSMM, then back to Rise. Amazing ride! Somewhere in there I picked up a lightning lane for Soarin’ for when we hopped to Epcot, but it wasn’t really necessary.

Then we had a nice long break at the hotel. I chilled out at Stormalong bay, and at 6pm got a EEH virtual queue for Guardians. Then we walked to Epcot, rode Soarin, then went to fireworks dinner at Spice Road table with a fantastic view of the Fireworks. I was iffy on this place, but my husband and daughter absolutely loved the food. Pro tip: This is better for tables of 4, since those tables are right up against the railing giving the best views. The 2 tops were set back.

Then we rode Guardians, my new favorite ride at Disney. I am going to have to try to ride it again. If you like RnRC, this is better.

All in all a great day, but LL was probably unnecessary. It may have saved us 1.5 hours of waiting max.

Weather: It has been cool in the morning and evening, requiring a sweatshirt or light jacket over a T-shirt for me. Like 55-60. Then it gets to 75 during the day but the Florida sun is strong. I usually have been wearing capris in the morning and pants in the evening. Swimming is totally doable during the heat of the day, but it can get chilly fast when the sun goes down.

Weather: It has been cool in the morning and evening, requiring a sweatshirt or light jacket over a T-shirt for me. Like 55-60. Then it gets to 75 during the day but the Florida sun is strong. I usually have been wearing capris in the morning and pants in the evening. Swimming is totally doable during the heat of the day, but it can get chilly fast when the sun goes down.
it's currently 28 here in Ontario, so even if we only hit mid 50s during our trip next week I'll be happy. I'm sick of this cold greyness

Just got back from our trip last night - we were there 1/5-1/10 and I did the half marathon on Saturday! Wiped out a few miles in, but got back up and kept running, and overall it was a great time!

Stayed at Pop for the 1st time since the skyliner opened. Really loved the skyliner! So smooth, and hardly any wait at all. Worked out great for us. We also lucked out and saw the hotel Christmas tree up the day of our arrival. It was gone by the next morning, lol.

After the race, Saturday was also our Epcot day. I had my DBF trying to get a boarding group at 7am but they were all gone w/in a few seconds. Fortunately, I was able to multi-task and snagged ILL+s for us while I was literally running, lol. The ride was amazing and totally worth it!

We weren't on a mission to ride every single ride. Priorities were GoTG, Rise, RnR (I missed it last year), EE (it was closed last year when we were there) Splash, JC in the evening, FoP, Remy, and M&M Runaway Rail. Very pleased we accomplished all of them.

Since there's just 2 of us we splurged on Genie+'s each day of the trip.

Genie+ Note: now that there is finally a Modify button (like there was w/FP+) this is a gamechanger. Several times I got a LL for a tougher to get ride for a late time, and through some diligent refreshing was able to move it back earlier to a time that worked for us. I am SO glad they finally added that functionality back to the system!!!

Arrival day Thurs was just the runDisney Expo and a ride around the monorail stopping to look at the resorts.

Friday was MK. I went EM entry all the way to close to make sure I could fall asleep early that night, since I had my alarm set for 3am Sat morning for the race! The DBF met up with me later in the morning, lol. Reservations: Skipper Canteen lunch, Tony's dinner (gotta get those pre-race carbs in!) RIdes: Splash (my priority, since it's my last chance before it closes), SM, Peoplemover, PoTC, HM, LM, IaSW, Philharmagic. Watched Enchantment. We also had a blast collecting all of the 50th anniversary statues using our MB+ and the Play Disney app.

Saturday was the race, then a nap, then Epcot til close! Pleasant surprise was finding LWTL still all decorated for Christmas! Rides: GoTG, Soarin, LWTL, Remy, SE. Watched Harmonious.

Sunday was a lazy sleep-in morning, followed by my fave park AK. Rides: Dinosaur, EE, FoP, Navi. Finally made it to Nomad Lounge, which was super chill and delicious! Spent some time wandering Pandora in the dark and watched the Tree of Life Awakenings.

Monday was HS. We had a blast with the Galaxy's Edge interactive activities that you can do with the magicband+'s! So much fun! Makes the area even more immersive! Rides: TSM, Rise, M&MRR, MF:SR, ST, RnR, BB-8 Meet, DBF did Vader & Chewie meets (while I rode TSM), Disney Visa photo op, Muppetvision. Went to 8pm showing of Fantasmic! I was hoping to get on ToT but I think something was up (issues or only running one side) b/c standby never dropped below 130 min, and after around 11 or 12 I never saw a LL show up for it again.

Tuesday was AK again and departure day. At AK we had the Up Close With Rhinos tour at 11am and a Tusker House lunch reservation. I got there for Early Entry and rode FoP standby, and also rode it right before we left via LL (I really love FoP, lol). I also managed to catch the Winged Encounters show in front of the Tree of Life! DBF rolled into the park in time for the rhino tour. Rides: FoPx2, KS

1673466360454.png

Just got back from our trip last night - we were there 1/5-1/10 and I did the half marathon on Saturday! Wiped out a few miles in, but got back up and kept running, and overall it was a great time!
Congratulations on your race! What a trooper!

Sounds like you got so many things in during your vacation. Glad you had a great time!

anyone been in the pool this week? looking ahead to our trip next week looks like we're in for cooler mornings and nice hot (but not sweltering) afternoons. so looking forward to some sunshine. I'm in Ontario Canada and it's just been grey and soooo cold (this morning was -11 🥶 (that's 12F for my American pals) even if it stays mid 60s next week I'll be thrilled

We were at the POP pool on Monday, 1/9. While we just sat on the side near the steps with our legs in, there were a number of people in the pool for long stints including small kids that I always think chill faster than older kids and adults. The lifeguard told me the pool temp was 84.

Last load of pre trip laundry done. I have this weird habit that I can't pack anything unless all laundry is done and put away. That way I have all the options and I don't come home to laundry. Anyone else? Just me? Leaving Saturday morning.

Last edited:
i really dont know why but this trip has not even sunk in yet and we are going on tuesday. i havent done anything. not sure if i just feel wiped from the holidays or what but hoping to get it together this weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter