***Official January 2023 Thread***

Hello! Glad to see this group.
Jan 15-18th OR Jan 29-Feb 1st. I booked both because I wanted to ride Splash one last time but the last week is almost half the price. And I just sprained my ankle pretty bad so leaning toward the last week after it’s better. I plan on MK on the 31st hoping most avoid it. I have an AP this year so will be back in April/May. This is just a winter escape trip for me. So another factor will be weather. As I fly from the mountains, I can’t afford delays on such a short trip. If weather looks iffy I’ll be cancelling.
Welcome! I've penciled you in for the second option! :goodvibes

If anything changes, please let me know. If you have a hotel in mind, I can add that, too!

Speaking of Geyser Point -- we may want to stop there before our MK AH on 1/9. We are staying at POP, so would a Minnie Van be able to take us (6 adults)? I'm thinking a regular uber might have an issue because you are supposed to have a reservation and GP does not take them.

We're on the fence and have GF Cafe ADR now, but might not need that much food so will have to make the decision before 3pm.

Seems like a direct ride would be less time consuming than going to MK and taking the boat back (for out plans, obviously it's a nice break if you are in MK all day).
Your experience may vary, but we have taken an Uber to GF for a reservation at GF Cafe and the guard did not ask to see any proof of the reservation - he just let us in. We also have taken an Uber to Coronado Springs and told the guard that we were going to Three Bridges, which is like Geyser Point and does not take reservations, and he let us right in.

Hi guys! Just left AKL this morning! We had a great trip! I hope everyone leaving soon for their vacations has a wonderful time!!

I’d like to ask some help… for anyone staying at a Disney resort, can you please take a screenshot of the Resort January Recreation Calendar for the Official Monthly Calendar Thread? I’d truly appreciate it! The calendars I need are:

• All Star Music
  • All Star Sports
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge: Jambo
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge: Kidani
  • Boardwalk Inn Resort/BWV
  • Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Contemporary Resort/BLT
  • Coronado Springs Resort
  • Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Grand Floridian Resort/VGF
  • Old Key West Resort
  • Port Orleans - French Quarter
  • Port Orleans - Riverside
  • Polynesian Village Resort
  • Saratoga Springs Resort
  • Wilderness Lodge CCV /BRV
If you do not see your resort posted, the calendar has already been posted! Thanks in advance!! Enjoy!!

:car: Wishing safe travels to everyone whose vacation starts NEXT WEEK! :car:

January 8 to January 12: yeahdisney (Universal, followed by OKW and AKL)
January 8 to January 13: bjscheel (AoA, Cars suite!)
January 8 to January 14: Pembo (Pop)
January 8 to January 15: mackel1994 (Pop)
January 8 to January 15: gorkt (BCV)
January 9 to January 19: texmarques (Pop)
January 10 to January 20: caketalks (POFQ)
January 11 to January 15: Pommau (Poly)
January 11 to January 16: brewhome (AKV, CBR)
January 11 to January 16: 4My3KGirls (ASSp)
January 11 to January 18: SuperNEMOfan (Poly)
January 12 to January 16: Ohiostatefan606 (CBR)
January 12 to January 17: mickeycw (WL, Club Level!)
January 13 to January 16: e-rod jedimaster (Pop)
January 13 to January 17: ThreeKMom (Dolphin)
January 14 to January 18: MamaJessie (SSR)
January 14 to January 19: MousetersInc (HRH at Universal, Floridays)
January 14 to January 21: tinkerjo (CCV)
January 14 to January 21: Mercdesman (BCV, RR)
January 14 to January 22: Melora (Pop)

Thought I'd added this a while back, but guess not!
We'll be camping at at the Fort Jan 15-28

Trying to tie up loose ends now since we're in the final countdown
My daughter will be joining us mid trip for her 21st birthday!

I see on twitter that there is some FAA issue with a system that had created backups and possibly ground stops to incoming flights to multiple FL airports (MCO included). Fingers crossed for those flying in this afternoon.

The DOT has a lot to do after these last weeks!

I really need this weather to CALM DOWN and be a little more predictable. I'm not leaving until 1/21 but seeing it go from 83 today to 66 next Thursday is DRASTIC.

Flying down early Thursday morning! Eeeeee! Can't believe the trip is almost already here!

Booked our Mears Connect tix to get to Pop.

Brought out the suitcase last night and started packing.

Just got all my gift card/rewards stuff set:
$100 Disney GCs from redeeming points for donating platelets
$50 Disney GCs from Christmas presents
$200 put on my Disney Rewards Redemption Card from my Disney Visa
$25 Uber GC loaded from Swagbucks

And, check out my 90s-themed outfit for the 1/2 marathon on Saturday! Lol. Oh, and I'll be trying to get an ILL or Virtual Queue boarding group for GoTG at 7am while I'm in the middle of the run so wish me luck! (didn't really think through that part of my park day schedule, lmao)

1672770063079.png

1672770112542.png

I really need this weather to CALM DOWN and be a little more predictable. I'm not leaving until 1/21 but seeing it go from 83 today to 66 next Thursday is DRASTIC.
Right?? We also fly out the 21st and I've been checking the weather everyday (as if the weather before our trip in any way informs the weather during our trip) and it's like a yo-yo all over the place. I fear I won't be packing clothes until the day before, waiting for the weather to settle itself out.

I arrive the same day as you! We were there last January around the same time and packed everything from shorts and short sleeve shirts to long sleeves and pants. Usually started the day and ended the day with a light sweatshirt as well. We'll see as it gets closer what I will actually put in the suitcase!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter