***Official January 2023 Thread***

Does anyone who is a January veteran know if the chalk art for the arts festival happens right way? I am so excited to see, but my only Epcot day after the festival starts is the 18th.

Looking around quickly on the internet, it seems chalk art may start as early as a couple of days before the festival to within 3 days of opening!

PHOTOS: Chalk Art and Photo Op Installation Underway for the Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts 2021

PHOTOS: Colorful Characters, Adorable Animals, and More Chalk Art at 2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts

Also does anyone know if Finding Nemo: The Big Blue... and Beyond will be preforming in January? Most other shows have times listed, but not that show. I can't imagine them not preforming as the show just restarted not that long ago.

Not sure. I assume showtimes will be added, but we'll have to keep checking!

Kids opened up their bands yesterday morning and they are all excited, they still dont really have a concept of time so they were shocked when we said its 2 weeks away, which is totally crazy, It really snuck up.
Patiently waiting for the food booths to be released for the festival. Last year they were announced about a week beforehand

Hi -- 2 questions ahead of our trip:

Jan 7-10
POP

The last 4 times we've gone it's been during festivals at EPCOT (holidays and flower/garden) but we're going this time before the Arts Fest begins (we were originally scheduled in Nov, but that hurricane forced us to reschedule).

Can anyone give me an idea of what EPCOT is like between festivals? We were hoping to wander the booths with our adult kids (first time as adults) but oh well. I saw on a few Youtube videos that quick service food can have LONG lines because of the lack of festival booths, so we did book a late lunch in San Angel for our day there.

On a related topic, I thought dining reservations has to be canceled 1 day in advance to avoid the cancellation charges but then I think I read that has changed? 2 hours in advance?

EDIT: oops a third question! :D

Is there a way to look up the entertainment in EPCOT ahead of time? I could swear I've done it before but I think my brain is malfunctioning! EDIT AGAIN: Found them at TP!

Hi -- 2 questions ahead of our trip:

Jan 7-10
POP

The last 4 times we've gone it's been during festivals at EPCOT (holidays and flower/garden) but we're going this time before the Arts Fest begins (we were originally scheduled in Nov, but that hurricane forced us to reschedule).

Can anyone give me an idea of what EPCOT is like between festivals? We were hoping to wander the booths with our adult kids (first time as adults) but oh well. I saw on a few Youtube videos that quick service food can have LONG lines because of the lack of festival booths, so we did book a late lunch in San Angel for our day there.

On a related topic, I thought dining reservations has to be canceled 1 day in advance to avoid the cancellation charges but then I think I read that has changed? 2 hours in advance?

EDIT: oops a third question! :D

Is there a way to look up the entertainment in EPCOT ahead of time? I could swear I've done it before but I think my brain is malfunctioning! EDIT AGAIN: Found them at TP!
Hello! I've added you to post #1 on page 1 and also post #656 on page 33!

1. In between festivals, you should be able to get around World Showcase better! Here are a couple of articles that might help, if you haven't seen them already. Plus, the new DuckTales adventure just opened up. Even for adults, I'd recommend completing at least one mission (preferably during the day, so you can see the special effects better)!

No Festival? No Problem! What to do (and eat) between Epcot Festivals!

How to Navigate Those Long EPCOT Food Lines Between Festivals!

PHOTOS, VIDEOS: The Complete Guide to the DuckTales World Showcase Adventure at EPCOT

2. Yes, dining reservations can now be cancelled up to 2 hours in advance due to a recent change.

Dining Reservation Cancellation Policy

3. If you are looking for EPCOT entertainment from the main Disney World website, check here:

Attractions and Entertainment at EPCOT

Last edited:
Umm, we just received our luggage tags and Magical Extras cards in the mail. They sent them to an old address! It was the address we lived at when we booked the vacation about a year ago, but our new address has been in the system for almost as long.

I thought Mickey mail wasn't being sent to home addresses anymore. When we went to Disney in 2021, there was an issue with our Magical Extras not being mailed nor at the front desk, and they said they can't reissue them. After pleading with them, they finally agreed to give us a certificate for mini golf only. They eventually found our packet, but I was shocked they had no alternate way to get us the discounts that came with our package.

I am so glad the mail found its way to us in time (we leave in a few days)!

Hello! I've added you to post #1 on page 1 and also post #656 on page 34!

1. In between festivals, you should be able to get around World Showcase better! Here are a couple of articles that might help, if you haven't seen them already. Plus, the new DuckTales adventure just opened up. Even for adults, I'd recommend completing at least one mission (preferably during the day, so you can see the special effects better)!

No Festival? No Problem! What to do (and eat) between Epcot Festivals!

How to Navigate Those Long EPCOT Food Lines Between Festivals!

PHOTOS, VIDEOS: The Complete Guide to the DuckTales World Showcase Adventure at EPCOT

2. Yes, dining reservations can now be cancelled up to 2 hours in advance due to a recent change.

Dining Reservation Cancellation Policy

3. If you are looking for EPCOT entertainment from the main Disney World website, check here:

Attractions and Entertainment at EPCOT

THANK YOU! And have a safe and wonderful trip!

Jan. 15-21st
Doubletree Hotel

Finally joining the list as a late addition. We were supposed to go to Maui in January but couldn't book the trip (harder to do than we thought!) so we pivoted and DH and I will be going to WDW for 5 days on park hoppers for the first time in 6 years! We've been going to DL 2 times a year for the past couple years (1 day only) and so we've done a few of the newer rides but are excited to do ROTR, GOTG, Remy, FOP, plus of course old faves. This will be our first trip to WDW without any kids.

We are new to park hopping, new to the Arts Festival but love Epcot food trucks, not planning to use Genie+ or LL. I'm a huge planner but I'm trying to not kill us with constant rope drops, etc. Hoping the week is fairly decent with crowds (other than MLK day when we are at DHS)

I did have one question, I read here somewhere that someone left a park and took a boat to Wilderness lodge for lunch and then returned to the park. Which park would that be from? Thought it sounded like a good idea. LOL

Thanks for all the help. I've read many threads. <3

I did have one question, I read here somewhere that someone left a park and took a boat to Wilderness lodge for lunch and then returned to the park. Which park would that be from? Thought it sounded like a good idea. LOL

I would say Magic Kingdom...as I recall from our stay at WL there was a boat to and from MK.

Jan. 15-21st
Doubletree Hotel

Finally joining the list as a late addition. We were supposed to go to Maui in January but couldn't book the trip (harder to do than we thought!) so we pivoted and DH and I will be going to WDW for 5 days on park hoppers for the first time in 6 years! We've been going to DL 2 times a year for the past couple years (1 day only) and so we've done a few of the newer rides but are excited to do ROTR, GOTG, Remy, FOP, plus of course old faves. This will be our first trip to WDW without any kids.

We are new to park hopping, new to the Arts Festival but love Epcot food trucks, not planning to use Genie+ or LL. I'm a huge planner but I'm trying to not kill us with constant rope drops, etc. Hoping the week is fairly decent with crowds (other than MLK day when we are at DHS)

Welcome! You've been added!

FYI.

A second performance of Fantasmic has been added for dates through January 14th (previously through the 7th).

Also, the second performance of Fantasmic (9:30pm) is now after park close (9:00pm), if they do not extend park hours.

See the new nighttime entertainment schedule below (continue to check your specific dates for changes):

8:00pm Fantasmic (29 minutes)
8:40pm Disney Movie Magic Projection Show (12 minutes)
9:00pm Wonderful World of Animation Projection Show (12 minutes)
9:30pm Fantasmic (29 minutes)

Hollywood Studios Adds More Performances of Fantasmic Through Mid-January 2023

Second Showing of Fantasmic Moves to After Park Close Next Week

Jan. 15-21st
Doubletree Hotel

We have left MK and taken the boat the WL to eat at Geyser Point… you can join the walk up list once you get on the dock and then wander around the resort while you wait. It’s a nice break from the park and the food and drinks are great! You could also always get a reservation at one of their sit down restaurants or eat at their quick service too, which is standard QS. Have fun!

We have left MK and taken the boat the WL to eat at Geyser Point… you can join the walk up list once you get on the dock and then wander around the resort while you wait. It’s a nice break from the park and the food and drinks are great! You could also always get a reservation at one of their sit down restaurants or eat at their quick service too, which is standard QS. Have fun!

Speaking of Geyser Point -- we may want to stop there before our MK AH on 1/9. We are staying at POP, so would a Minnie Van be able to take us (6 adults)? I'm thinking a regular uber might have an issue because you are supposed to have a reservation and GP does not take them.

We're on the fence and have GF Cafe ADR now, but might not need that much food so will have to make the decision before 3pm.

Seems like a direct ride would be less time consuming than going to MK and taking the boat back (for out plans, obviously it's a nice break if you are in MK all day).

Please add me to the list! We will be there Jan.1-8. I am travelling with four teenagers, three of which are 19 year old teenage boys. So if you see a raucous it's them. Two of the boys this is their first trip so it's exciting for them. If there are any teens who want to meet up with three 19 year old university students from Canada shoot me a message! We are staying off site at Windsor Palms.

Hello! Glad to see this group.
Jan 15-18th OR Jan 29-Feb 1st. I booked both because I wanted to ride Splash one last time but the last week is almost half the price. And I just sprained my ankle pretty bad so leaning toward the last week after it’s better. I plan on MK on the 31st hoping most avoid it. I have an AP this year so will be back in April/May. This is just a winter escape trip for me. So another factor will be weather. As I fly from the mountains, I can’t afford delays on such a short trip. If weather looks iffy I’ll be cancelling.

Please add me to the list! We will be there Jan.1-8. I am travelling with four teenagers, three of which are 19 year old teenage boys. So if you see a raucous it's them. Two of the boys this is their first trip so it's exciting for them. If there are any teens who want to meet up with three 19 year old university students from Canada shoot me a message! We are staying off site at Windsor Palms.
Welcome! You've been added to post #1 on page 1 and also post #656 on page 33!

Speaking of Geyser Point -- we may want to stop there before our MK AH on 1/9. We are staying at POP, so would a Minnie Van be able to take us (6 adults)? I'm thinking a regular uber might have an issue because you are supposed to have a reservation and GP does not take them.

We're on the fence and have GF Cafe ADR now, but might not need that much food so will have to make the decision before 3pm.

Seems like a direct ride would be less time consuming than going to MK and taking the boat back (for out plans, obviously it's a nice break if you are in MK all day).
Good questions! First, the Minnie Van can fit 6 adults. 3 in the back, 2 in the middle, and 1 with the driver.

Second, I can't find definitive answers, so it's possible you could get turned away. Technically, the Minnie service is still a rideshare similar to Uber, even if it's a collaboration with Disney. Best case scenario--they don't need an ADR, they allow Minnie cars, and they let you in. Worst case scenario--they need an ADR, they don't allow Minnie cars, and you basically paid a fee to find another way to WL.

Without a concrete answer, you might want to consider other options. Here is some information below, if you haven't seen them already. Let us know if you find anything out or decide to try it!

Review of Disney’s Minnie Vans (They Show How 6 Adults Fit)

Can I Uber to Wilderness Lodge for lunch?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter