***Official January 2023 Thread***

20 days! We have been in a whirlwind of activity these past few weeks and I am SO ready for a vacation! We’ve had good and bad happening - son #1 moving into his first apartment, son #2 coming home for a nice long Christmas break, 92 year old father-in-law falling/hospitalization and rehab/finally agreeing to move into assisted living after years of us begging him to, my 92 year old uncle passing away, crazy work stuff, holiday prep, impending blizzard this weekend - typical “life” stuff but a lot happening at once… time for some relaxation and sunshine in the WDW bubble with my favorite traveling companions! We will be celebrating two milestone birthdays (sis - 60 and niece - 30), so we are super excited for that. Adult girls trips are the absolute best.

I’m really hoping the weather will calm down and stay calm for a while so all of us January travelers have uneventful drives and flights.

Happy holidays to all! Cheers to a happy, healthy, and safe 2023!

Hello all!
1/23-1/29 with another family. 4 adults, 4 kids.
It's their first time at Disney, and planning for 8 instead of 3 (our family) has been fun and challenging!

Anyone having any luck with BBB reservations? Or Fantasmic Dining Packages? They haven't even been added, as far as I can tell.
we have a BBB reservation for 1/23 have had zero luck with Fantasmic Dining Package though

we have a BBB reservation for 1/23 have had zero luck with Fantasmic Dining Package though
Oh so fun! I wasn't able to book a BBB, since we don't have the Disney resort advantage.
If you check the calendar on Mouse Dining, there's lots of availability for parties of 8 and less the 22-28. What day are you trying for?

20 days! We have been in a whirlwind of activity these past few weeks and I am SO ready for a vacation! We’ve had good and bad happening - son #1 moving into his first apartment, son #2 coming home for a nice long Christmas break, 92 year old father-in-law falling/hospitalization and rehab/finally agreeing to move into assisted living after years of us begging him to, my 92 year old uncle passing away, crazy work stuff, holiday prep, impending blizzard this weekend - typical “life” stuff but a lot happening at once… time for some relaxation and sunshine in the WDW bubble with my favorite traveling companions! We will be celebrating two milestone birthdays (sis - 60 and niece - 30), so we are super excited for that. Adult girls trips are the absolute best.

I’m really hoping the weather will calm down and stay calm for a while so all of us January travelers have uneventful drives and flights.

Happy holidays to all! Cheers to a happy, healthy, and safe 2023!
Condolences to your family. Hopefully, the good moments will get you through the tough ones. :hug:

Sending many wishes for happy holidays, and a happy, healthy and safe 2023 back to you!

FYI.

Hours Extended at Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom in January 2023

For January 1-8, 10-13, 15, 17-19, 21, 22, and 24-28, Magic Kingdom will now close at 11pm, instead of the previous 10pm. Also, this will shift Extended Evening Hours from 11pm to 1am, instead of the previous 10pm to 12am.

January 9, 14, 16, 20, and 23, the park will now open at 8:00 a.m., with Early Entry at 7:30 a.m. The park will close at 10:00 p.m. on those dates.

Animal Kingdom will now open at 8:00 a.m., an hour earlier, on December 21 & 22, January 8, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, and 28. Early Entry for resort guests will be at 7:30 a.m. on those dates.

Hmm, must be a LOT of hotel reservations for hours to get extended this far into January. Or maybe this is the work of Iger, trying to increase guest satisfaction? Not mad about it though!

Kind of a weird question because we have never been to WDW in the Winter. Do the resorts put extra blankets on the beds for cold weather? Or is it just the typical bedding. Wondering if we should consider bringing a few fleece blankets for the beds.

Kind of a weird question because we have never been to WDW in the Winter. Do the resorts put extra blankets on the beds for cold weather? Or is it just the typical bedding. Wondering if we should consider bringing a few fleece blankets for the beds.

With the ability to control your room temp via the thermostat, I don't think you'd need extra blankets (unless somehow WDW resorts don't have heat?).

We've been during December and February before. I don't recall any extra blankets on the beds, but sometimes there might be an extra one in a closet or shelf area. Housekeeping might also be able to deliver extra blankets.

As mentioned, there are individual thermostats, so you should be ok. During our last trip, the AC was broken during hot September weather, so it's possible the winter room temperature may not be ideal. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but if you have the space to pack it, then feel free. Just keep checking the weather as your trip gets closer!

Woohoo! We finally placed our order for MagicBands!

Heads up that the 50th anniversary bands just got reduced pricing to $25 pre-arrival (the pink Cinderella one and the blue Partners statue one). We've been checking everyday and were pleasantly surprised to see that! We were hoping some holiday ones would also be discounted, but unfortunately, not yet.

We decided to order just the one partners MagicBand+ for delivery to the resort. If we decide we want more, we'll get it when we arrive.

I was at WDW in Jan 2022 during a bit of a cold snap. One night the temp dipped down to 32 degrees Fahrenheit. We were at Pop Century and our room temp wasn't ideal for me. Housekeeping was busy all evening walking around carts of extra blankets as many rooms requested them. So yes, you can request extra blankets. And yes, in the hotels with doors that open to the outside (as opposed to Deluxe and Villas opening to an indoor hallway) you may want extra blankets for proper sleeping warmth.

Thanks for all the replies about blankets and room temperature. My oldest DD tends to be cold a lot, especially at night, so I think we will pack at least one fleece blanket for her. The rest of us can probably just get by with the current bedding or an extra blanket from housekeeping.

Ok, I've cleaned up posts 2 and 3 as much as I can right now!

Still waiting on official news about New Year's events, and some other dates might shift a bit. I'll keep updating as information becomes available, but we're getting close!

:car: Wishing safe travels to everyone whose vacation starts NEXT WEEK! :car:

• January 1 to January 1: IanDLBZF from MCMagic (Local day trip!)
  • January 1 to January 6: Jimmy Mouse (RR)
  • January 1 to January 8: sheri18 (Swan, Dolphin)
  • January 1 to January 8: snowangel72 (Windsor Palms)
  • January 2 to January 14: AnotherWorld (Pop, Offsite, AoA)
  • January 3 to January 5: tofubeast (RR)
  • January 3 to January 7: Juventus (Dolphin)
  • January 3 to January 10: FantasmicMike (AoA)
  • January 4 to January 6: WingandPrayer (AKV, ASMo)
  • January 4 to January 8: ak517 (AKV)
  • January 4 to January 9: SteveW8002 (SSR)
  • January 4 to January 13: Cabius (Poly)
  • January 5 to January 10: DisneyBelle27 (Pop)
  • January 5 to January 14: Mexacajun (OKW)
  • January 5 to January 14: DisneyFan714 (Offsite and Universal, followed by Swan)
  • January 6 to January 11: eey777 (POFQ)
  • January 6 to January 14: jovicat (ASMo)
  • January 7 to January 10: leeniewdw (Pop)
  • January 7 to January 14: Principessa (BLT, Theme Park View!)
  • January 7 to January 15: nlenguyen (SSR)
  • January 7 to January 21: 1437disney (ASMo)

Last edited:
Does anyone who is a January veteran know if the chalk art for the arts festival happens right way? I am so excited to see, but my only Epcot day after the festival starts is the 18th.

Also does anyone know if Finding Nemo: The Big Blue... and Beyond will be preforming in January? Most other shows have times listed, but not that show. I can't imagine them not preforming as the show just restarted not that long ago.

Thanks for any insight.

Completely missed this thread!
Add us to the list! Heading down January 24-29 at BLT.
Managed to keep it a surprise from my daughter until she opened her Magic Band this morning for Christmas.
What a great surprise! You've been added!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter