***Official January 2023 Thread***

FYI.

Hours Extended at Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom in January 2023

For January 1-8, 10-13, 15, 17-19, 21, 22, and 24-28, Magic Kingdom will now close at 11pm, instead of the previous 10pm. Also, this will shift Extended Evening Hours from 11pm to 1am, instead of the previous 10pm to 12am.

January 9, 14, 16, 20, and 23, the park will now open at 8:00 a.m., with Early Entry at 7:30 a.m. The park will close at 10:00 p.m. on those dates.

Animal Kingdom will now open at 8:00 a.m., an hour earlier, on December 21 & 22, January 8, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, and 28. Early Entry for resort guests will be at 7:30 a.m. on those dates.

FYI.

Hours Extended at Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom in January 2023

For January 1-8, 10-13, 15, 17-19, 21, 22, and 24-28, Magic Kingdom will now close at 11pm, instead of the previous 10pm. Also, this will shift Extended Evening Hours from 11pm to 1am, instead of the previous 10pm to 12am.

January 9, 14, 16, 20, and 23, the park will now open at 8:00 a.m., with Early Entry at 7:30 a.m. The park will close at 10:00 p.m. on those dates.

Animal Kingdom will now open at 8:00 a.m., an hour earlier, on December 21 & 22, January 8, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, and 28. Early Entry for resort guests will be at 7:30 a.m. on those dates.
I cant believe they'll be open this late! In 2019 MK closed at 8, im so excited haha

I have a plastic tub I keep in my closet that I start throwing things in as I think of them. i was going to set up a little table in my room and put my suitcase out but decided I would wait until after Christmas. But as soon as Christmas decos are put away I’m going to set it up! I too will be watching the weather in Seattle and if it’s looking like snow or ice I will go down the day before and get a hotel by the airport.

Right now I’m dealing with a dilemma. I get into Orlando around 4:30pm and didn’t buy a 6 day ticket thinking I would be too tired to go to a park that evening. But now I’m second guessing that decision! However, if I make a park reservation and end up having flight issues & get in too late or just decide yep I’m too tired - what happens if I don’t tap in? I’ve searched the boards and the DW website but cannot find an answer if there is some sort of penalty with the rest of my reservations. Does anyone know or have experience with this type of scenario? I would only be out $22 if I didn’t go but I don’t want the rest of the trip impacted. I could always do Disney springs if I’m up to it I guess.

I have a plastic tub I keep in my closet that I start throwing things in as I think of them. i was going to set up a little table in my room and put my suitcase out but decided I would wait until after Christmas. But as soon as Christmas decos are put away I’m going to set it up! I too will be watching the weather in Seattle and if it’s looking like snow or ice I will go down the day before and get a hotel by the airport.

Right now I’m dealing with a dilemma. I get into Orlando around 4:30pm and didn’t buy a 6 day ticket thinking I would be too tired to go to a park that evening. But now I’m second guessing that decision! However, if I make a park reservation and end up having flight issues & get in too late or just decide yep I’m too tired - what happens if I don’t tap in? I’ve searched the boards and the DW website but cannot find an answer if there is some sort of penalty with the rest of my reservations. Does anyone know or have experience with this type of scenario? I would only be out $22 if I didn’t go but I don’t want the rest of the trip impacted. I could always do Disney springs if I’m up to it I guess.
I don't have any personal experience with this scenario, but I believe the rest of your trip wouldn't be affected. However, I would consider adding an extra day once you've arrived instead of in advance. The only downside would be if park reservations are completely full. Then going to Disney Springs or relaxing at the hotel would be decided for you!

We've gone back and forth about adding water parks to our ticket, and we finally decided we'll just wait until we get there. We have no idea if we'll have time, be tired, or if the weather will cooperate. So, we're going to stick with our original plan and make any potential changes once we're down there.

:car: Wishing safe travels to everyone whose vacation starts NEXT WEEK! :car:

• December 28 to January 3: Disturbia (Poly)
  • December 28 to January 4: xlsm (Poly)
  • December 28 to January 4: isabellea (POFQ, followed by RPR at Universal)
  • December 30 to January 7: DLmama (POFQ)
  • December 31 to January 6: ThereYouSeeHer (HHI, ASSp, then HHI again!)
  • December 31 to January 8: binab (SSR)
  • December 31 to January 8: jvalic33 (HHI, BWV, AKV)
  • December 31 to January 10: coronationday (CR, YC, POFQ)

:car: Wishing safe travels to everyone whose vacation starts NEXT WEEK! :car:

• December 28 to January 3: Disturbia (Poly)
  • December 28 to January 4: xlsm (Poly)
  • December 28 to January 4: isabellea (POFQ, followed by RPR at Universal)
  • December 30 to January 7: DLmama (POFQ)
  • December 31 to January 6: ThereYouSeeHer (HHI, ASSp, then HHI again!)
  • December 31 to January 8: binab (SSR)
  • December 31 to January 8: jvalic33 (HHI, BWV, AKV)
  • December 31 to January 10: coronationday (CR, YC, POFQ)

Thank you!! I've been quiet on the thread, but always popping in to see how everyone's planning is going. This will be our third NYE trip, and this year we are light on plans and heavy on the excitement of just being there. I foresee a lot of time hanging out in the CL lounge!

Yeah I am always paranoid about weather traveling in January, but that’s why I have insurance. I booked my Universal days upfront, so that is all that would likely be influenced by flight delays.

I don't have any personal experience with this scenario, but I believe the rest of your trip wouldn't be affected. However, I would consider adding an extra day once you've arrived instead of in advance. The only downside would be if park reservations are completely full. Then going to Disney Springs or relaxing at the hotel would be decided for you!

We've gone back and forth about adding water parks to our ticket, and we finally decided we'll just wait until we get there. We have no idea if we'll have time, be tired, or if the weather will cooperate. So, we're going to stick with our original plan and make any potential changes once we're down there.
That’s a great idea! Could they add the extra day right at the hotel?

That’s a great idea! Could they add the extra day right at the hotel?
Yes! The Concierge desk at the hotel can upgrade or add-on to your tickets. The only caveat is that you need to have a least one unused day on your ticket in order to make changes. This wouldn't necessarily apply to you, since you would be modifying things on the first day, but it's something to keep in mind.

(Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is how it still works.)

Hi all! Just ran across this thread. Our family of 4 will be visiting 01/26 - 02/05 staying at POFQ :cool1:

We have never visited WDW in the winter and are so excited thinking we won't be sweaty and hot from morning til night. Hoping for lower crowds but if it is crowded, the lower temps will give us more patience :angel: Traveling from Wisconsin, daily highs in the 50s would actually be awesome!! Assuming there may be some wild swings in temperature, we will be packing everything from bathing suits to sweatshirts and utilizing the laundry room at the resort for repeat outfits so as not to pack too heftily.

Yes! The Concierge desk at the hotel can upgrade or add-on to your tickets. The only caveat is that you need to have a least one unused day on your ticket in order to make changes. This wouldn't necessarily apply to you, since you would be modifying things on the first day, but it's something to keep in mind.

(Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is how it still works.)
Thank you! You are always so helpful and quick to respond. 😊

Hi all! Just ran across this thread. Our family of 4 will be visiting 01/26 - 02/05 staying at POFQ :cool1:

We have never visited WDW in the winter and are so excited thinking we won't be sweaty and hot from morning til night. Hoping for lower crowds but if it is crowded, the lower temps will give us more patience :angel: Traveling from Wisconsin, daily highs in the 50s would actually be awesome!! Assuming there may be some wild swings in temperature, we will be packing everything from bathing suits to sweatshirts and utilizing the laundry room at the resort for repeat outfits so as not to pack too heftily.
Welcome! You've been added!

Southwest just dropped a huge sale for Jan. I am using points for my flight out on 1/15 I just saved 6,000 points per person. Flight dropped to $99 from BWI to MCO. My return flight hast dropped yet.

We love POFQ! it is our go to moderate resort. We are DVC members but when we need a quick trip, POFQ fits the bill.

we will be staying at POFQ 1/28-2-1. My husband enjoys the Scat cat lounge and any building is less than a 5 minute walk to the pool, Dining, and bus stop.

we are from Louisiana, so the beignets are not a huge deal but they are light and fluffy and made to order.

see ya around the resort!

Quick note to anyone going to WDW end of January: on Tuesday, January 31 MK will be closing early (4:30) for a private event. This means evenings at the other parks will likely be more crowded than usual (although MK itself will likely be less crowded, as people are less likely to do a perk res when it closes that early).
I hope you are right. We had planned on MK on 1/31. We could have moved ALL our days and dining around but decided just to keep it. It's our second MK day so we should be satisfied with the time spent there. We'll head to Disney Springs that night. I sure hope MK is not too busy that day! We'll see!

We love POFQ! it is our go to moderate resort. We are DVC members but when we need a quick trip, POFQ fits the bill.

we will be staying at POFQ 1/28-2-1. My husband enjoys the Scat cat lounge and any building is less than a 5 minute walk to the pool, Dining, and bus stop.

we are from Louisiana, so the beignets are not a huge deal but they are light and fluffy and made to order.

see ya around the resort!

We love POFQ as well! When DDs were young, we preferred staying at the deluxe resorts for location, amenities and room size. Now that they are older, we get 2 rooms at POFQ for less money than one room at a deluxe. GF is our all time favorite resort but those prices now are INSANE!!

We also enjoy how compact the resort is, the "mini" street scenes and landscaping, the boat to DS, the single bus stop and of course.....the FOOD! Sassagoula really has incredible food for the price and convenience. Nothing like shrimp and grits for an entree and beignets for dessert at a QS :cool1:

Last trip, we requested connecting rooms but got adjoining and we just rolled with it. This year, I made connecting rooms my only request as we are staying 10 nights and I really hate going in and out of doors at all hours.

See ya 'round the Quarter!! :wave:

Starcruiser scheduled event times locked in, Fantasmic dining booked, and payments all in!

Off to family Yule celebrations and to unplug from the Disney ADR portal. Finishing our GSC outfits and packing are all that remain!

Barring flight delays or other wildness - 4 weeks from today at this time I’ll be dining in Epcot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter