***Official January 2023 Thread***

I've been wondering the same thing. No luck here either and I've been trying for 1/17 since it was 60+7 for me. I signed up for a notification and there hasn't been a peep of any availability.
Is anyone have luck with Tusker House 1/15-1/19. To me this is so strange there is plenty available every other dates besides this. Just wondering if they haven't released these days yet?
i was finally able to book Tusker House for 1/17. There were several openings available at the time

Hi, any flyers getting paranoid about a winter storm disrupting your trip? With this big storm coming to the east coast tomorrow, I am wondering if I should come a day early and stay off site as a buffer?

Edited to clarify: I am not flying till January, but tomorrow’s storm is making me think about the possibilities in January.

FYI. Big Thunder Mountain will be closed for refurbishment January 9th to January 13th, 2023.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to close for brief refurbishment in January 2023

(Also, the forums are having formatting issues. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon. We will rebuild!)

We're in parks 1/7, 8, 9 but were only planning to be at MK on the AH event on the 9th. I'll have to tell my (adult) kids (who haven't been in about 15 years) about this and see if we can figure a time to get over to MK to ride it on the 7th or 8th..hmm. With an AH event on the 9th, would have been nice to wait until the 10th, lol.

FYI. Kali River Rapids will be closed starting January 9th, 2023. No reopening date yet, but will potentially reopen Spring 2023.

Kali River Rapids closing for annual refurbishment beginning January 2023

I feel like I've only been on this ride once about 15 years ago. It's either been closed or cold any other time. This one I won't lose sleep over I guess, but we should be in AK on the 7th, so will still have an option (do they run that ride after dark?).

Hi, any flyers getting paranoid about a winter storm disrupting your trip? With this big storm coming to the east coast tomorrow, I am wondering if I should come a day early and stay off site as a buffer?

Edited to clarify: I am not flying till January, but tomorrow’s storm is making me think about the possibilities in January.

I'm already worried and I live in NC, so a big winter event here is somewhat rare. Of course, winter events elsewhere can screw up aircraft and crews too which creates a domino effect. Given we're going in January because Hurricane Nicole nixed our November long weekend, yes, I'm very concerned. :D With a short trip (3 park days), a delay is really a huge impact. We're traveling with 6 adults and only DH and I have flexibility to shift early, etc.

Yup always nervous, especially living in new england

Ugh, I had been forgetting to worry about weather, thanks guys :rotfl:

We'll be flying in and out of Omaha, with layovers in Atlanta and Chicago that are about 50 minutes, so not a lot of room for delays. Plus DD21 and BF have to get here first (4.5 hour drive).

I asked my family about switching 1/8 AK to MK to catch Big Thunder. I'd rather miss out on Kali than Big Thunder. No one had a strong opinion. I got the feeling DH leaned toward just generally having more time in MK and the girls are really into AK these days. That's our arrival day so we wouldn't get into a park until probably 3. Then AK closes at 7 so part of me says change to MK to allow more time if needed. But it would be nice to get a ride on FOP out of the way first day.

Tables of 10 are tough. Maybe split 4 and 6 and asked to be seated near each other?
Good luck!
Yep, I have done that with other ADRs. I do already have a table for 10 for 50s. And I got some push back on the cost of the package from the group going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter