***Official January 2023 Thread***

I'm sure when it gets closer there will be an "Official Cancelled ADR Thread" for January, but I don't see one, so I'll start with all of you. :)

I am dropping Story Book Dining on 1/15/23 at 8:30 pm for 3 people. Despite what I think sounds like fun, my hubby really, truly, does not want to have a character meal. Personally I think he is being a bit Grumpy about it. (yes, I went there)

If you want to coordinate me dropping and you hopefully grabbing the reservation, send me a PM.

I'm sure when it gets closer there will be an "Official Cancelled ADR Thread" for January, but I don't see one, so I'll start with all of you. :)

I am dropping Story Book Dining on 1/15/23 at 8:30 pm for 3 people. Despite what I think sounds like fun, my hubby really, truly, does not want to have a character meal. Personally I think he is being a bit Grumpy about it. (yes, I went there)

If you want to coordinate me dropping and you hopefully grabbing the reservation, send me a PM.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/j...-adr-thread-guidelines-in-first-post.3901305/

FYI.

The Touring Plans crowd calendar is currently showing estimates for December 22 through January 21 for non-subscribers (subscribers can access the full calendar, including now through December 21st). This public access calendar will keep removing a day and adding a day as we inch along, and will eventually go into somewhat of a 'blackout period' for non-subscribers as we get closer. Just something to keep an eye on.

Crowd Calendar

Last edited:
Anyone know why Magic Kingdom is closing at 4:30pm on January 31st? Would this be a good day to start at MK since we have park hopper and then go somewhere else? Do you think crowds would be less because it closes early or would everyone have the same thought I'm having, and it wouldn't make a difference?

Anyone know why Magic Kingdom is closing at 4:30pm on January 31st? Would this be a good day to start at MK since we have park hopper and then go somewhere else? Do you think crowds would be less because it closes early or would everyone have the same thought I'm having, and it wouldn't make a difference?
Came here to find that out too. I am at yacht club that week and its totally sold out that day and the two days around it. I believe there is some convention going on for it to be completely booked - so maybe its a private event at MK

It wasn't my MK day but i hope it doesn't impact the other parks!

Came here to find that out too. I am at yacht club that week and its totally sold out that day and the two days around it. I believe there is some convention going on for it to be completely booked - so maybe its a private event at MK

It wasn't my MK day but i hope it doesn't impact the other parks!

In the past, they have closed that early for Cast Member events. Usually, a private party or park rental would start later than that, but that's interesting about the resort being booked. I haven't heard anything specifically, though.

Yes, crowds would generally be lower because those without park hoppers would not want to 'waste' a ticket on an early closure. Although others with park hoppers would have the same thought you do, I still assume crowds would be lighter (I *think* most people don't buy park hoppers?). I would probably recommend starting in MK and hopping somewhere else (although that could mean your second park might be more crowded than usual with MK closed).

I woke up this morning for work and completely forgot it was ADR day! Even at 8:30am PST I was able to get all my desired reservations. Albeit, not at my preferred times but I can play with those as we get closer to the trip.

Not many to get either - Via Napoli, Ohana, Biergarten and Kona.

I was at WDW in January 2022 when there was a scheduled early MK closure of 4:30. The day before that (Monday 1/24) was a MAD HOUSE - 10/10 crowd level. The day that the park closed at 4:30 (Tuesday 1/25) was a 1/10 crowd level according to Touring Plans historical crowd calendar. I would 100% go to MK on an early closure day, especially if I had PH tickets.

I was at WDW in January 2022 when there was a scheduled early MK closure of 4:30. The day before that (Monday 1/24) was a MAD HOUSE - 10/10 crowd level. The day that the park closed at 4:30 (Tuesday 1/25) was a 1/10 crowd level according to Touring Plans historical crowd calendar. I would 100% go to MK on an early closure day, especially if I had PH tickets.

Thank you all for posting about this. I changed our MK day from Monday 1/30 to Tuesday 1/31. We don't have PH's but I don't mind the early closure because we have 2 MK days. I have no doubt that Monday 1/30 will be a mad house... I was already prepared for Monday crowds, but I know from experience going to WDW during MNSSHP time how crazy MK is on non-MNSSHP days! I don't want any part of that! lol.

for anyone looking for Dining reservations past 1/13 at HS I just snagged Disney Jr Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine for January 19th, got an alert from Touring Plans reservation finder, luckily I was home and snagged one straight away 😍

I am seeing a few options for 1/15 for HS - HW & Vine, 50's Prime Time, but weirdly no Mama Merose's or Hollywood Brown Derby, which are usually available. So they must have dropped some of them in the past couple of hours. My alerts are set for other restaurants, so I wasn't notified.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter