***Official January 2023 Thread***

Welcome! Be sure to join the Hilton Head thread that's on these boards. I've read mixed replies about what HHI does for NYE, probably because the past few years have changed things up. I'm sure it will be fun regardless!

Were you staying at BWI or BWV and AKL or AKV?
I just noticed that you have HHI on your trip as well. Are you doing Hilton Head on NYE?

I just noticed that you have HHI on your trip as well. Are you doing Hilton Head on NYE?
Yes, for now! Our original plan was NYE at WDW, but the more we planned it, the more it became logistically difficult. We were also concerned about crowds.

We love HHI and generally try to visit on our way to and from Disney. We've never been during NYE, so that would be fun, but we'll see if our plans change!

Well, that was a disappointment. Up before 6:00 am for ADRs.
Can't get a single reservation for HS on our day 1/15
Going to EPCOT on the day before the Festival of the Arts (it is a low attendance day), still couldn't get Space 220 and no true dinner times available for San Angel Inn, sorry but 4:45 pm isn't dinner.

Positives:
  • My MK day is perfect 1/13
  • I booked a 8:45 African Trek at AK on 1/14
  • I have my all important Oga's Cantina mid-day break on 1/15
  • The website loaded perfectly
  • My credit card is saved in my Google account, so I didn't have to type in

This is my 8th trip to Disney, so I know the drill, check and modify! Was just hoping for a little more success this morning.

Well, that was a disappointment. Up before 6:00 am for ADRs.
Can't get a single reservation for HS on our day 1/15
Going to EPCOT on the day before the Festival of the Arts (it is a low attendance day), still couldn't get Space 220 and no true dinner times available for San Angel Inn, sorry but 4:45 pm isn't dinner.

Positives:
  • My MK day is perfect 1/13
  • I booked a 8:45 African Trek at AK on 1/14
  • I have my all important Oga's Cantina mid-day break on 1/15
  • The website loaded perfectly
  • My credit card is saved in my Google account, so I didn't have to type in

This is my 8th trip to Disney, so I know the drill, check and modify! Was just hoping for a little more success this morning.
I would try to call in and see if they can help you. Did you do that already?

Yes, for now! Our original plan was NYE at WDW, but the more we planned it, the more it became logistically difficult. We were also concerned about crowds.

We love HHI and generally try to visit on our way to and from Disney. We've never been during NYE, so that would be fun, but we'll see if our plans change!
Wow...we'll maybe we'll see you there. I think it will be nice and we'll get the best of both worlds...a little Disney with less crowds and then we can start off the new year in Disney. We'll see how it goes.

Okay! Just finished and not too bad! My biggest tip - keep your phone next to your computer! The website started crashing at 6:01 but the phone was working fine.

I had to make some game time adjustments since Hoop wasn't able to book on the day I wanted to go, and the Epcot dessert party wasn't available on Jan 9th. I put Hoop on the night I was planning to go to Disney Springs, and moved the Dessert party to later in the trip, so I am going to have to readjust around that somehow.

But yeah, was able to get Space 220 lunch, Topolinos breakfast, Sci-Fi, Steakhouse 71, Ogas Cantina, Crystal Palace, Yak and Yeti and more. Just be ready and be a little flexible!
Lucky you on Space 220. I’ve tried and tried no luck

FYI....

Disney World Adds Second Showtime for ‘Fantasmic!’ on Most Dates Through End of 2022 & Early 2023
The day after Christmas through the first week of January will be at 8pm and 9:30pm.
I guess this means that if we are doing the extra hours they will have a special show for us that night? Is that possible?

I guess they are trying to entice more people to buy tickets. That probably means it will be more crowded.

What do you think? Should we shoot to do the 8pm so that once everyone leaves we can do rides? Interesting?

I guess if we find we can't get into the 8pm show we'll know that we have the option to stay and do the 9:30 since it will be part of the special ticketed event!

I guess this means that if we are doing the extra hours they will have a special show for us that night? Is that possible?

I guess they are trying to entice more people to buy tickets. That probably means it will be more crowded.

What do you think? Should we shoot to do the 8pm so that once everyone leaves we can do rides? Interesting?

I guess if we find we can't get into the 8pm show we'll know that we have the option to stay and do the 9:30 since it will be part of the special ticketed event!
Exactly. I would aim for the 8pm show, so that you can do rides during the After Hours event. If you miss the 8pm, then at least you have another chance.

I believe as long as daytime guests are in line before park closing at 9pm, they will be allowed into the 9:30pm Fantasmic. That could be a very crowded 9:30pm show as both daytime and ticketed party guests could be attending. (Edited to add: technically, the 8pm show could also include both daytime and party guests, due to the AH party allowing entrance starting at 7pm.)

If anyone is aware of a different policy, let us know!

Last edited:
Staying at Swan January 19-28. First time since COVID. A little worried about using Genie+ and the timeline of when we can make park resi as well as dining resi.

I would try to call in and see if they can help you. Did you do that already?
I did call, today. Turns out there must be some sort of technical issue happening. The cast member could see that there were only a few reservations for Hollywood Brown Derby, but no openings show when you search. They were reporting it to IT. Doesn't help me get a reservation, but the Cast Member also couldn't reserve. So I keep checking to see if they have figured it out. I see the same issue for January 16, but only at Hollywood Studios. Super weird. I've tried 3 different browsers and the app, same results on all of them.

Staying at Swan January 19-28. First time since COVID. A little worried about using Genie+ and the timeline of when we can make park resi as well as dining resi.
Welcome! You've been added!

(FYI. You can make park reservations as soon as you purchase park tickets, and I believe you can start making dining reservations on 11/20. If you were referring to something else, let us know!)

Anyone who's ADR window is open, how has it been trying to get what you want? our on-site window opens up next week and I'm feeling extremely anxious. Working with a travel agent and she assures me she will handle it but I'm having a hard time "letting go" of the planning. The main things we want are Disney JR Breakfast @ Hollywood & Vine, Chef Mickeys and Bibiddi Bobiddi Boutique for two kids (not dining I know) we are 70 days out and my anxiety is really getting the best of me 😔
It is so nerve-wracking! BUT it can be done. We got all that we wanted! We booked a 3pm meal res each day of our vaca Jan 6-14. Plus Oga's and Savi's! Now just waiting for Fantasmic. GOOD LUCK!!

I did call, today. Turns out there must be some sort of technical issue happening. The cast member could see that there were only a few reservations for Hollywood Brown Derby, but no openings show when you search. They were reporting it to IT. Doesn't help me get a reservation, but the Cast Member also couldn't reserve. So I keep checking to see if they have figured it out. I see the same issue for January 16, but only at Hollywood Studios. Super weird. I've tried 3 different browsers and the app, same results on all of them.
I ran into a similar problem yesterday. I was trying online to book Le Creperie de Paris on my desktop and it showed 9:20 am available. I got to the final page, checked off allergies none and put in cc and then it said we're having trouble booking. I called in to dining and they saw it available too but couldn't book it for me. They tried to call IT, but no luck, but they did get me 11 so either we'll just hang in until 11 or eat breakfast and then just head over there to try a couple of crepes.

My ADR window opens in 8 days. We're only looking for 3 or 4 reservations and also booking our Behind the Seeds tour, hopefully it's a smooth process.

I can make ADRs next Wednesday but since I’m traveling solo I just don’t know if I want to do many table service. Haven’t been back to DW since 2018 and I wanted to go again for the 50th but nobody wanted to join me due to various reasons.

As a magic key holder, I’ve done two solo trips to Disneyland and I love it but doing table service solo I’m still unsure about. I definitely want to do Space 220 lounge and Steakhouse 71 lounge. You would think traveling solo would be so easy to make decisions but I am second guessing everything!

I can make ADRs next Wednesday but since I’m traveling solo I just don’t know if I want to do many table service. Haven’t been back to DW since 2018 and I wanted to go again for the 50th but nobody wanted to join me due to various reasons.

As a magic key holder, I’ve done two solo trips to Disneyland and I love it but doing table service solo I’m still unsure about. I definitely want to do Space 220 lounge and Steakhouse 71 lounge. You would think traveling solo would be so easy to make decisions but I am second guessing everything!
I love traveling solo because it's easy to find a seat at a bar on a whim! I've done table service solo in WDW and the meal always moves quickly (I swear my food always comes out way faster than neighboring tables), but if you want to linger definitely sit at a bar for your meal. I can't say if you'll have luck at the Space 220 lounge because I'm not sure how many walk-up bar seats they have, but the Steakhouse 71 bar is pretty spacious. I also love places like Nomad Lounge in DAK as a solo diner.

This morning was my ADR day and I wasn't able to book the 1 restaurant I really wanted/needed for January 15. I've never used one before but I signed up for an alert service in the off chance something comes up. I was hoping that my planning responsibilities were going to be complete today.

Interested to know if you were trying to make a reservation at Hollywood Studios on 1/15.

So far I haven't seen a single reservation available that day. Which is beyond strange.

This morning was my ADR day and I wasn't able to book the 1 restaurant I really wanted/needed for January 15. I've never used one before but I signed up for an alert service in the off chance something comes up. I was hoping that my planning responsibilities were going to be complete today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter