***Official January 2023 Thread***

Hello ! I easily booked my dining at the 60 day window this morning, all online, no problems. Well, I did have to enter my cc info each time so that did slow me down. I feel like in previous years my saved cc info showed up as an option. I was on a laptop using Chrome as my browser.

So I had to decide which reservation was more important: O'hana's or CA Grill on the exact days I wanted. I ended up going for O'hana's first and then also was able to get CA Grill but on a different day (we are on Plan version 5 now). I then moved to places I had no flexibility on: HS and Epcot. I was able to get Sci-Fi Dine in and Oga's; and at Epcot, a Space 220 Lounge at lunch time. Oga's confused me for a minute, because it says you are booking lunch or dinner and I'm thinking, um, no, they only have drinks and 2 bar food choices...so I was able to book Oga's as lunch and then added a dinner not soon afterwards. We'll need to eat because I remember the drinks being strong! I have been once, but the family has not so I am super excited to see what they will think of Oga's! And no one in our family has been up to see Space 220. I decided to try for the Lounge experience instead of a full meal.

All in all a super morning and now I get to add the dining to the big plans !!!
Great, thanks for letting us know! I think you might be the first person with a deluxe resort who didn't have issues (at least for those reporting on this thread). Yay!

Anyone who's ADR window is open, how has it been trying to get what you want? our on-site window opens up next week and I'm feeling extremely anxious. Working with a travel agent and she assures me she will handle it but I'm having a hard time "letting go" of the planning. The main things we want are Disney JR Breakfast @ Hollywood & Vine, Chef Mickeys and Bibiddi Bobiddi Boutique for two kids (not dining I know) we are 70 days out and my anxiety is really getting the best of me 😔
We had no problem getting Hollywood & Vine, Chef Mickey's was wide open on all the days that I was looking for breakfast at Topolinos and while we didn't do BBB, we did get the Harmony Barbershop with no problem.

I believe that opened at midnight, however, not at the same time as dining.

MK Fireworks in January - All I can find is that they will be at 8:15pm. I think everyday. I have not been to WDW in January in a long time..... so used to fireworks being at 9pm. So 8:15pm Jan 7-14 --- is it going to stay at that time? Won't get moved to later? It's still going to be Enchantment, right? Which I have not seen yet. I've been missing the fireworks since covid times.

Okay! Just finished and not too bad! My biggest tip - keep your phone next to your computer! The website started crashing at 6:01 but the phone was working fine.

I had to make some game time adjustments since Hoop wasn't able to book on the day I wanted to go, and the Epcot dessert party wasn't available on Jan 9th. I put Hoop on the night I was planning to go to Disney Springs, and moved the Dessert party to later in the trip, so I am going to have to readjust around that somehow.

But yeah, was able to get Space 220 lunch, Topolinos breakfast, Sci-Fi, Steakhouse 71, Ogas Cantina, Crystal Palace, Yak and Yeti and more. Just be ready and be a little flexible!

MK Fireworks in January - All I can find is that they will be at 8:15pm. I think everyday. I have not been to WDW in January in a long time..... so used to fireworks being at 9pm. So 8:15pm Jan 7-14 --- is it going to stay at that time? Won't get moved to later? It's still going to be Enchantment, right? Which I have not seen yet. I've been missing the fireworks since covid times.
Yes, it should still be Enchantment, and it looks like it might stay at 8:15pm. Even this month's calendar, when MK closes at 11pm, the show is still listed at 8:15pm. I find that a little early, but it seems they've been consistent in that regard. We'll just have to keep our eye on it.

Okay! Just finished and not too bad! My biggest tip - keep your phone next to your computer! The website started crashing at 6:01 but the phone was working fine.

I had to make some game time adjustments since Hoop wasn't able to book on the day I wanted to go, and the Epcot dessert party wasn't available on Jan 9th. I put Hoop on the night I was planning to go to Disney Springs, and moved the Dessert party to later in the trip, so I am going to have to readjust around that somehow.

But yeah, was able to get Space 220 lunch, Topolinos breakfast, Sci-Fi, Steakhouse 71, Ogas Cantina, Crystal Palace, Yak and Yeti and more. Just be ready and be a little flexible!
That's great! Oh and why didn't I mention....when I was checking Hoop Dee Doo, I was surprised to find it closed on some days....that and one other restaurant that I can't remember so check out reservations for certain days in advance for the shows, etc. because I had to move things around the night before when I found HDDR wasn't open at all on certain days of the week.

Yes, it should still be Enchantment, and it looks like it might stay at 8:15pm. Even this month's calendar, when MK closes at 11pm, the show is still listed at 8:15pm. I find that a little early, but it seems they've been consistent in that regard. We'll just have to keep our eye on it.
I agree... 8:15pm is a little early. If you eat at table service you have to time it just right to get out to a viewing location. My family likes to eat late... I will focus on really viewing well on 3 nights and try to be more chill about it the other 4. I'm missing the fireworks and can't wait to see them again live.

This is such a fun board! Thanks for adding us!
We will be there January 27 to February 1. Me (mom!) and my 13 y.o. son. Staying at All Stars Music for the first time.

We did the most random impromptu trip last spring break with some friends who are super into Disney. It was so much more fun than we ever expected! I didn't think we'd go back, but when Spring break plans fell through this year, I thought, what the heck! Let's do another mom/son trip! It was SO busy and SO hot last spring break - we're hoping for lower temps and crowds in January. We want to ride and ride and ride!
This will be my first trip in Jan in a long while....before it was always June. I am hoping for some great Jan weather! I have done a mom/son trip and it is so much easier to go fast with just two people. Don't forget the single rider lanes in Hollywood Studios so you can repeat ride, especially in Star Wars. Personally I am at more of a stop and smell the roses pace now.

Yeah somehow in all my planning, I missed that Hoop was closed on Monday and Tuesday. Not a huge deal really, just have to rearrange a few things. Hoop is a must do for our because my son got picked to be in it at age 5. He still has the certificate hanging on his wall and he is 18 years old!

The biggest bummer is that the Fireworks party at Epcot for both Spice Road and R+C were sold out for the 9th. I ended up getting it for the 13th instead.

Working on coordinating with my friend who has an overlapping trip. Trying to see where our hopes for the trip overlap. We've picked out Sebastian's, Topolino's breakfast, and Chefs de France. Now waiting to see if she wants to join us for any of them. Then trying to figure out park reservations. We'll both have hoppers, but she wants more time in MK than we will need because we have the deluxe after hours. At least we have both done Disney enough that neither of us is offended if the other says "Nah, not doing that." We have no problems doing some stuff together and going our own separate ways at other times. Anyone else planning a multi-family trip?

Working on coordinating with my friend who has an overlapping trip. Trying to see where our hopes for the trip overlap. We've picked out Sebastian's, Topolino's breakfast, and Chefs de France. Now waiting to see if she wants to join us for any of them. Then trying to figure out park reservations. We'll both have hoppers, but she wants more time in MK than we will need because we have the deluxe after hours. At least we have both done Disney enough that neither of us is offended if the other says "Nah, not doing that." We have no problems doing some stuff together and going our own separate ways at other times. Anyone else planning a multi-family trip?
Yes! This will be our second multi family trip. There are 11 of us and we only have a few things planned together because the families are in different stages for ages and such. We are all staying at the same resort though so we will start and end the day together

Yes! This will be our second multi family trip. There are 11 of us and we only have a few things planned together because the families are in different stages for ages and such. We are all staying at the same resort though so we will start and end the day together
The multi family trips sound fun. My sister's family is too busy and not crazy enough Disney fans to spend the money right now. Same resort and not doing every single thing together sounds like a great plan.

We are going 1/14-1/21/23. Staying at BCV for two days and then RR for the rest of the week. We return as DVC members 9/21-9/25. We just purchased points and waiting for the closing to be able to use them!!

Dining was a breeze this morning! Even with a family of 11
CRT
Ohana
Hoop De Doo
Cape May Breakfast
Via Napoli
That's great to hear. I'm really hoping January is going to be less crowded...the fact that we are all able to get our reservations is telling....

Yeah somehow in all my planning, I missed that Hoop was closed on Monday and Tuesday. Not a huge deal really, just have to rearrange a few things. Hoop is a must do for our because my son got picked to be in it at age 5. He still has the certificate hanging on his wall and he is 18 years old!

The biggest bummer is that the Fireworks party at Epcot for both Spice Road and R+C were sold out for the 9th. I ended up getting it for the 13th instead.
Gosh I had no idea Hoop was closed Monday and Tuesday! We were debating which day to do this - sounds like it will be Saturday!!!

All done with ADRs- been pretty easy, getting all we wanted with good times available:
Mon -space 220
Tues -savi -droids -derby (until fantasmic dining pkg opens up)
Weds -rose & crown fireworks
Fri -Oga during Starcruiser!
Sat -California Grill
Sun-Jungle skipper -Ohana
Mon-steakhouse 71
Tues-sci fi -Citroise

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter