***Official January 2023 Thread***

Anybody know when they will release park hours for January? Or are they released and I just can't find them?
They release them so slowly!

Currently, the website is showing hours through December 27th: Disney World Calendar.

However, the My Disney Experience app is displaying hours through January 6th. (If anyone isn't familiar: open the app, and on the main page, scroll down about halfway. You'll see a section that defaults to today's hours for Magic Kingdom. Click "All Hours" and then use your finger to swipe the resulting calendar through the months until you arrive at January.)

We are booked January 15-21, 2023 at AOA. My baby sister's first trip, plus my husband & I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We honeymooned at WDW back in December 2022.

Currently, the website is showing hours through December 27th: Disney World Calendar.

However, the My Disney Experience app is displaying hours through January 6th. (If anyone isn't familiar: open the app, and on the main page, scroll down about halfway. You'll see a section that defaults to today's hours for Magic Kingdom. Click "All Hours" and then use your finger to swipe the resulting calendar through the months until you arrive at January.)

Thanks! I was able to find this using your directions! I'll keep checking here! I'm guessing they will probably be pretty similar to last January though.

This is such a fun board! Thanks for adding us!
We will be there January 27 to February 1. Me (mom!) and my 13 y.o. son. Staying at All Stars Music for the first time.

We did the most random impromptu trip last spring break with some friends who are super into Disney. It was so much more fun than we ever expected! I didn't think we'd go back, but when Spring break plans fell through this year, I thought, what the heck! Let's do another mom/son trip! It was SO busy and SO hot last spring break - we're hoping for lower temps and crowds in January. We want to ride and ride and ride!

This is such a fun board! Thanks for adding us!
We will be there January 27 to February 1. Me (mom!) and my 13 y.o. son. Staying at All Stars Music for the first time.

We did the most random impromptu trip last spring break with some friends who are super into Disney. It was so much more fun than we ever expected! I didn't think we'd go back, but when Spring break plans fell through this year, I thought, what the heck! Let's do another mom/son trip! It was SO busy and SO hot last spring break - we're hoping for lower temps and crowds in January. We want to ride and ride and ride!
We're excited about better temps, too! You've been added!

Thank you!! That is great tip

We (myself, DW, DS18, and DD14) are booked at AoA for January 3-10! It is our third trip to WDW as a family, and the wife and son are running their first Half Marathon on the 7th! We've done the 5 and 10k in the past (and could not get bibs for this year for those!).

Originally, my in-laws were joining us and we were sharing a 2BR suite at the Riviera, but they just recently cancelled on us (so for a planner like me, it was scrambling time!). Re-booked at AoA for the room for two teens (yay 2 bathrooms!), and am still looking forward to the Skyliner access (loved it while at CBR in January 2020).

I'm excited for this Friday, as it will be ADR time!

Last edited:
I'm in my 60+10. It's so frustrating that they haven't opened the F! dining packages for January yet! I really want Jan 2nd and I hate having an alarm at 6am every morning in case they opened that morning.
That is frustrating! I'm hoping they have January posted when ADRs open for me on Friday. I'll be aiming for 60+ 6 for a F! dining package. I wonder if the January ones haven't opened yet simply because we're not at the 60-day window yet for the month? Since it is a different reservation page than the individual restaurants, could be the case?

We (myself, DW, DS18, and DD14) are booked at AoA for January 3-10! It is our third trip to WDW as a family, and the wife and son are running their first Half Marathon on the 7th! We've done the 5 and 10k in the past (and could not get bibs for this year for those!).

Originally, my in-laws were joining us and we were sharing a 2BR suite at the Riviera, but they just recently cancelled on us (so for a planner like me, it was scrambling time!). Re-booked at AoA for the room for two teens (yay 2 bathrooms!), and am still looking forward to the Skyliner access (loved it while at CBR in January 2020).

I'm excited for this Friday, as it will be ADR time!
Welcome! You've been added!

Great thread. So much useful information. I just renewed my AP and decided I needed a few nights of magic. Doing a solo trip January 19 through January 22. Planning on a few favorite rides and looking for 50th Anniversary merchandise. Staying at POFQ.

So as my ADR window opens I need some expert opinions. I'm planning our trip for my family and my sister's family (8 ppl total). Since my sister is bringing her kids for the 1st time she wants to eat at some specific places...all of them being tough ADRs to get. Wondering what order you guys would recommend I should try to book first the morning our window opens and which ones I should push to the later days of the trip to have better luck. Here is the list:
-Be Our Guest
-Akershus
-Tusker House
-Woody's Roundup Rodeo BBQ (if opened by then)

Thanks!

Well, my ADR opened up today. 5:45am and both my daughter and I were on a desktop and my cell and one other laptop. Myself a 10 plus year ADR veteran could not get a single reservation. She grabbed us Biergarten for 8 on our arrival day and one of our 2 4 person Flying Fish reservations. Not sure what happened, but I did later get a Fraud Alert from my Disney Visa card when I was finalizing my Hoop Dee Doo ressie.

Anyway, in the end, I got every single reservation but a word to the wise. It was only by calling in at 7am that I was able to get them.

For whatever reason the online booking was not working for me. Even after notifying my cc that the fraud was not fraud (I even bought my park passes with my Disney card), I was trying to book on both mine and my hubby's computer with different cards and nothing was working. Times were showing up, I was clicking and getting Sorry for our Paws with a pic of Lady and the Tramp.

Letting It Go!

I will tell you that there are definitely some places that will not allow you to book 8 person ressies. However, I have also had lots of success getting hard to get ressies with 8 like at Oga's cantina. I guess they have a couple of those larger tables and we always got in there and sat at one of the two large tables.

Based on my experience booking for 8 in all the places below (minus Woody's - which I would put first if it actually opens in time for your booking window), I would do:

1 - Be Our Guest
2 - Tusker House - Just because I like this one better than Akershus
3 - Akershus

But I think you need to ask your people what their priorities are. If you really want a picture with Belle (which I assume they will do again when Akershus reopens - I haven't reviewed the reports) then that might bump it up.

As far as character meals go, I just have always liked Tusker because the characters look cool in their safari costumes and it's conveniently located inside AK and their juice is yummy and the food is higher quality than some other character breakfasts.

Be Our Guest has been awesome and so so for us, but the Beast is only there during dinner, so keep that in mind when you are booking that one and he really is a cool character to meet.

Finally, keep in mind that if you run into issues, it just might be that you need to call in.

I was still having trouble with my booking while my cast member was getting my reservations with no problem at all and you need to have two different logins if you are going to do a 4 and a 4 whereas the dining line can help you with splitting a large table.

GOOD LUCK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter