***Official January 2023 Thread***

Hi! We are booked Jan 4-8 at AKV-Jambo! I'm running my first 10K and first runDisney event! I signed up because I was jealous of all the cool character meet and greets and training has been non-existent so we'll see if I get swept 😂 This thread looks chock-full of great tips for a January visit, and I'm excited to be a part of it!

Does anyone know if the Olaf scavenger hunt is a hard stop on 12/31. Last year it was definitely gone by 1/4, but we'll be in Epcot on 1/1 and the kids LOOOOVE the special scavenger hunts. Ratatouille was really good one.

Anyway, if anyone might have noticed last year if it was on NY Day, that would be awesome info!

Hi! We are booked Jan 4-8 at AKV-Jambo! I'm running my first 10K and first runDisney event! I signed up because I was jealous of all the cool character meet and greets and training has been non-existent so we'll see if I get swept 😂 This thread looks chock-full of great tips for a January visit, and I'm excited to be a part of it!
No sweeping allowed! You've been added!

Does anyone know if the Olaf scavenger hunt is a hard stop on 12/31. Last year it was definitely gone by 1/4, but we'll be in Epcot on 1/1 and the kids LOOOOVE the special scavenger hunts. Ratatouille was really good one.

Anyway, if anyone might have noticed last year if it was on NY Day, that would be awesome info!
I've looked for the same information for most of the holiday events, and it's tough to pin down final dates!

The fine print says until supplies last, so technically, it could end earlier or later than December 31st. However, it seems that Epcot tries to wrap up their holiday offerings before New Year's Eve, so it would be a close one if it lingered. Please report back when you go!

I've looked for the same information for most of the holiday events, and it's tough to pin down final dates!

The fine print says until supplies last, so technically, it could end earlier or later than December 31st. However, it seems that Epcot tries to wrap up their holiday offerings before New Year's Eve, so it would be a close one if it lingered. Please report back when you go!
Will do. We'll be there on 1/1 anyway so we'll do some investigating!

Some new discounts this morning. Limited availability. We'd have to totally rework our vacation to get the discount....ugh....

Save Up to $400 on a 4-Night, 4-Day Room-and-Ticket Package at Select Disney Resort Hotels

Valid Travel Dates
  • For stays most nights December 11, 2022 through December 25, 2022
  • For stays most Sunday through Thursday nights January 2, 2023 through February 28, 2023
  • For stays most nights March 1, 2023 through March 30, 2023
Values save $20 per night, Moderates save $40, and Deluxe $100.

Minimum two-night stay.

New Walt Disney World Room-Only Discount Released for Disney Visa Cardholders
  • For stays most Sunday through Thursday nights January 2, 2023 to February 28, 2023
  • For stays most nights March 1, 2023 to April 30, 2023

Woohoo on the extended hours, but I am kinda surprised they are overlapping these with the After hours parties. My plan is to do the Monday Epcot extended hours but do the HS after hours party on Wednesday.

Now we just need Arts Festival info!

Too bad the discount didn't include POFQ but I expected that. Moving to POR with the discount would only save us $200 and we much prefer the small size over at FQ, so not worth it for us. Oh well.

Edit: Just seeing the Disney Visa cardholder discount at the bottom of your post. Where do we go to book that? I didn't see a link on the page posted. Thanks!

Too bad the discount didn't include POFQ but I expected that. Moving to POR with the discount would only save us $200 and we much prefer the small size over at FQ, so not worth it for us. Oh well.

Edit: Just seeing the Disney Visa cardholder discount at the bottom of your post. Where do we go to book that? I didn't see a link on the page posted. Thanks!
Here you go! The link wasn't initially available, but it's up now.

Disney® Visa® Cardmembers: Save Up to 20% on Rooms at Select Disney Resort Hotels in Early 2023

New to the boards, but learning! Me, husband, 2 kids, and 2 in-laws will be there Jan 21-28, staying at Wilderness Lodge

I was able to get the general public offer applied and saved $225. Note: I had to switch from Chrome to Edge to get My Plans to show up lol.
Couldn't get Visa offer at AoA Cars suite and don't want to change rooms. But $225 is better than nothing.

I'm so glad I found this! We are going January 17th-26th. Staying at Riviera. Don't tell the kids! The think we are staying at AKL (our home resort). We are a bit bummed the skyliner will be down for half the trip, but we won't let it rain on our parade. Working out what dining reservations we want and coordinating with my friend who will overlap some of our trip.

I'm so glad I found this! We are going January 17th-26th. Staying at Riviera. Don't tell the kids! The think we are staying at AKL (our home resort). We are a bit bummed the skyliner will be down for half the trip, but we won't let it rain on our parade. Working out what dining reservations we want and coordinating with my friend who will overlap some of our trip.
Shh, we won't tell (unless they can read the first page, haha!). You've been added!

At first, our quick one-day, father-son trip 1/17-1/19 had an early morning return flight on the 19th. I gave in and switched the return flight to the evening so we could squeeze in a morning at Epcot before going home.

Also, Fantasmic dining packages went on sale yesterday.

Anybody know when they will release park hours for January? Or are they released and I just can't find them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter