***Official January 2023 Thread***

We are going Jan 9 - 12. Just traded the first night SSR to OKW this morning. The other nights are akl. Still hoping for akl. - first night.
Jan 8 is universal.
Is anyone thinking of a Disney vip tour? We have done them before.
Yay! You've been added!

Here's some recent news for those traveling in late December and January:

:santa:Magic Kingdom park passes are currently unavailable on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve for Disney resort guests and regular ticket holders.

:santa:Dessert parties and dining packages during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party went on sale today.

:santa:Annual Passholders can save up to 25% on rooms for select nights from January 2nd to April 30th in 2023.

We're going Jan 1 through Jan 8 and doing our first split stay between Boardwalk and Animal Kingdom. On NYE, we're going to be at Hilton Head so excited to be close to the magic for NYE! Really excited to see what Hilton Head does one NYE for the kiddies!

We're going Jan 1 through Jan 8 and doing our first split stay between Boardwalk and Animal Kingdom. On NYE, we're going to be at Hilton Head so excited to be close to the magic for NYE! Really excited to see what Hilton Head does one NYE for the kiddies!
Welcome! Be sure to join the Hilton Head thread that's on these boards. I've read mixed replies about what HHI does for NYE, probably because the past few years have changed things up. I'm sure it will be fun regardless!

Were you staying at BWI or BWV and AKL or AKV?

Welcome! Be sure to join the Hilton Head thread that's on these boards. I've read mixed replies about what HHI does for NYE, probably because the past few years have changed things up. I'm sure it will be fun regardless!

Were you staying at BWI or BWV and AKL or AKV?
Thank you and Villas for both.

Disney Enchantment will be temporarily replaced by Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks during Christmas Week at Magic Kingdom.

:santa:From now through December 21st, Disney Enchantment will continue to play during nights without any Christmas party.

:santa:From December 23rd to December 29th, Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks will show during normal operating hours at 8:15pm (instead of Enchantment).

:santa:December 30th and 31st will see New Year’s Eve Fireworks at Magic Kingdom, and January 1, 2023 will return to the normal Disney Enchantment schedule.

For those with vacations starting in late December, please keep an eye on your dates for dining reservations.

As of this morning, ADRs for December 20th or earlier can be booked for off-site guests. For resort guests, ADRs for December 20th plus the entire length of stay (up to 10 days) can be reserved.

79 days to go! My traveling partners and I firmed up our plans over the weekend so now we are just waiting for our ADR window. Here’s our plan:

1/11 - my niece’s 30th birthday! Check in at AKL Kidani around 12:30 and then AK for the afternoon with dinner at Yak & Yeti, which we will try to time so we are leaving the park after the official closing time so we can enjoy walking through a mostly empty park; then lounge hopping at AKL Kidani and Jambo for birthday cocktails. I am going to try and get a Starlight Safari reservation at Kidani, but I’m not holding out too much hope since they go so fast…it will be a nice birthday bonus if I can get them!

1/12 - patio and pool time at Kidani, then lunch at WL Geyser Point and some time in MK. We will head out of there late afternoon for some monorail resort lounge hopping and then head back into MK for fireworks.

1/13 - my sister’s 60th birthday! More patio time before we check out of Kidani, then transfer to CBR where my nephew’s girlfriend will be joining us for the rest of the trip. Then Epcot for a sit down lunch (sis is still deciding where), perhaps back to the resort for a quick break to check in, and then back to Epcot for munching and cocktailing around the Festival of the Arts.

1/14 - morning to early afternoon at AK with drinks at the Dawa bar and QS lunch at Flame Tree or Satu’li; back to resort for pool break; DS for dinner at Wine Bar George and some shopping and lounge hopping.

1/15 - DS in morning for brunch at Homecomin’, then HS for the day. Hoping to get an Oga’s reservation and we’ll probably hit up Baseline Tap House and the HBD outside bar for more drinks and munchies. If we are still rolling after that, we will go check out the lounges at Riviera.

1/16 - last day, boo hoo! We will head to Epcot to munch around the Festival of Arts until we need to leave for the airport around 3:30.

Since we’ve been there so many times, we take a more relaxed approach to rides and shows and just hit up our favorites based on reasonable line times. We definitely want to try Guardians of the Galaxy for our collective first time, but other than that, it’s all gravy. Birthday trips are the best!

Hi everyone! I’m more active on the Disneyland side of the boards as that’s my home park and go 2-3 times a year - most times solo. I’m doing my first solo trip to DW January 22-28. I’m staying at the Grand Floridian in a resort studio. I’m both excited and a little apprehensive about going solo. 😊

Hi everyone! I’m more active on the Disneyland side of the boards as that’s my home park and go 2-3 times a year - most times solo. I’m doing my first solo trip to DW January 22-28. I’m staying at the Grand Floridian in a resort studio. I’m both excited and a little apprehensive about going solo. 😊
Sounds like fun! I’m sure you’ll meet some nice people along the way and the best thing is you can go at whatever pace works for you and do whatever you want… ahh, the freedom. The GF is so gorgeous - enjoy!

You'll have a great time! You've been added!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter