***Official January 2023 Thread***

We normally go this time of the year because of low crowds but this year it was so busy. but i don't think 2022 is a normal year for anything.. hoping 2023 will be a bit better.
but over the years it does seem like the secret is out about low winter crowd levels.
fingers crossed for all of us!

I went in 2019 and this year and found both times much busier than we had anticipated. My sister and I agreed that we would stick to late aug/ early sept b/c we found those crowds to be better even if it is super hot.

I'm going with friends in 2023 and only doing January b/c one of them really can't handle heat.

We normally go this time of the year because of low crowds but this year it was so busy. but i don't think 2022 is a normal year for anything.. hoping 2023 will be a bit better.
but over the years it does seem like the secret is out about low winter crowd levels.
fingers crossed for all of us!

At the very least, large amount of kids will not be at the resort as winter break is over and school is on, at least for most students in the world. I can imagine most at the resorts will be adults or kids that are homeschooled or pulled out of school for a vacation.

Disney has announced that they will be sharing holiday information all week on their Disney Parks Blog!

FVs3icPWUAIWsMw

It's official! Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party will be back!

Disney Resort guests can begin purchasing tickets next Thursday, June 30th, while remaining sales will begin Thursday, July 7th.

Ticket prices will range from $149 – $199 per person. Event dates are:
  • November: 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 22, 27, 29
  • December: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22
Highlights include:
  • Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration: Cinderella Castle stage show of holiday music and dance performances.
  • Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks: Dazzling castle projections, fireworks, and seasonal songs.
  • Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
  • Complimentary cookies and hot cocoa at locations throughout Magic Kingdom.
  • Holiday magic will once again transform the Jungle Cruise into the Jingle Cruise. And, as an exclusive treat for event attendees, Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and Mad Tea Party will all receive a special holiday makeover.
  • Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café becomes the coolest place to get down when denizens of the North Pole drop by for an intergalactic dance party!
  • A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas: Dance party on the Rockettower Plaza Stage.
  • Disney Junior Jingle Jam: Storybook Circus dance party with Disney Junior characters.
  • NEW! In honor of the 50th Anniversary celebration, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party attendees will discover three jolly new photo opportunities. Guests will also receive a special 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake, themed for the holidays.

Hi! DD and I are coming in for the half - we'll be there Dec 31 - Jan 8 at SSR. Haven't been to DW in many years and feel like it might take me from now til then to learn about everything that has changed.

Last edited:
Hi! DD and I are coming in for the half - we'll be there Dec 31 - Jan 8 at SSR. Haven't been to DW in many years and feel like it might take me from now til then to learn about everything that has changed.
Welcome! You've been added!

I know, it's a lot to follow. I'm waiting to see how the new MagicBand+ items roll out, and also how Genie+ might change between now and then!

I am excited to say that we are joining in the January fun! This trip was rescheduled multiple times so I am excited that our dates are finally nailed down. We are staying at ASMo 1.7-1.21. I am a little nervous about the weather, but happy to hopefully be at the arts festival.

Southwest flight schedule opened through March!!

I booked our flights for 1/21/2023 and 1/28/2023 - 3 seats for $683 and *amazing* direct flight times! Now I just have to pray Southwest doesn't change or cancel those flights over the next 6 months 😬

I am excited to say that we are joining in the January fun! This trip was rescheduled multiple times so I am excited that our dates are finally nailed down. We are staying at ASMo 1.7-1.21. I am a little nervous about the weather, but happy to hopefully be at the arts festival.
Yay for the Arts festival and long vacations! You've been added!!

Hi all! Tentatively planning to go Jan 29th through Feb 4th for Festival of the Arts...mostly waiting for Disney to announce the dates of Festival of the Arts but I feel pretty confident that these dates will be right there in the middle of the festival. I've booked a reservation at rack rate at the Beach Club, but we may switch to Swan/Dolphin, just depends.

Any idea when the Festival of the Arts dates/Broadway singers will be announced? :)

TouringPlans released their times to go video and January was ranked the THIRD busiest!

Not a complete surprise as it has gotten progressively worse/more busy it hit it home for me that January is NOT a slower time despite the general thought.

Hi all! Tentatively planning to go Jan 29th through Feb 4th for Festival of the Arts...mostly waiting for Disney to announce the dates of Festival of the Arts but I feel pretty confident that these dates will be right there in the middle of the festival. I've booked a reservation at rack rate at the Beach Club, but we may switch to Swan/Dolphin, just depends.

Any idea when the Festival of the Arts dates/Broadway singers will be announced? :)
You've been added!

It looks like festival dates were announced on October 21st last year. The full lineup of performers was released on November 23rd. Seems like a long time to wait!

TouringPlans released their times to go video and January was ranked the THIRD busiest!

Not a complete surprise as it has gotten progressively worse/more busy it hit it home for me that January is NOT a slower time despite the general thought.
Yeah, I'm concerned about crowds between NYE and Marathon Weekend, but it's the best time for us to go right now. Keeping an eye on it though!

You've been added!

It looks like festival dates were announced on October 21st last year. The full lineup of performers was released on November 23rd. Seems like a long time to wait!
Right? Def too long to wait. I'm like 95% sure this is when we'll go. It's us and another couple, so I just have to confirm with them. But I want to start actually planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter