Official January 2016!!!

Hi! Hubby and I are going in January (It is our first solo trip without the kids EVER!!!) I am so excited. He is running the WDW marathon. We will be staying at the Dolphin. January 7-11th. :)

Good for you! DH and I did our first no-kids trip this past March and had the best time; we're doing it again in Jan. :thumbsup2 We didn't have to rush as much, enjoyed a nice signature dinner (which we've done with the kids but it was nice to do alone) and did the KTTK tour since ours aren't old enough yet. We plan on doing a few signatures in January and another tour; can't decide between 2 as of now :)

Officially Booked TODAY (finally)!
9 - 17 January!
Was hoping to stay at CBR, but it was a bit out of our budget. So we are staying at POP and hoping for a nice Mod discount for the winter, and we will switch to CBR.
Also got ALL the ADRs we were looking for!
Akershus supper on arrival day, Chef Mickey breakfast, Whispering Canyon supper, 'Ohana breakfast, Tusker breakfast, Spirit of Aloha Luau, Boma supper, Teppan Edo supper, BOG Lunch and Liberty Tree supper! Also a Dessert Party in there, too!
So excited and happy!

I'm booked for January 22 until January 31st. Heading down with family - Sister, sister in law, good friend, daughter and her best friend, daughter, granddaughter and son. Some of us are at All Star Movies, the rest at Caribbean Beach. We starting making our ADR's...so far BOG for breakfast, Ohana's for supper, Chef Mickey's for breakfast and back to BOG for dinner our last night. Can't wait to book FP's......We are all doing the Disney Dance...:yay:

Just booked our hotel/ticket package on Friday, however had flights booked for at least a month or two now. Will be arriving January 21-28, for a seven night stay at All Star Sports, and have scored a few ARS that we really have wanted to try. :tigger: Now to wait until November 22nd for our FP booking.

Just booked today. A credit with Southwest resulting from a cancelled October trip that expires before school is out, plus a 4 day weekend for my children's school that falls the weekend following my son's birthday and the official extension of the military tickets and room discounts all combined for this one.

If everything holds together, we'll be at All-Star Sports January 15-19th. I had already booked Chef Mickey's for dinner on the 16th in anticipation of the discount coming out.

Definitely will be different than those June trips. Funny tonight I asked my daughter what we should do for her brother's birthday. She said "Go to Disney World". Of course knowing her, she'd say the same thing no matter what occasion I brought up.

I just got our Nov. trip all worked out a few days ago - reworked park days and changed some ADR's. Now, I can work on January :goodvibes Already have Jiko and BOG booked for dinner and I know I'll be adding Cali Grill. I need 2 more dinners and DH and I want places new to us and I have like 6 in mind to choose from lol!
Also have to pressure DH to decide which tour we're doing this time - anyone else doing a tour in Jan.?

I didn't know there was a January thread!!

This will be our first trip without the kids - January 19-26 at the CBR. We applied the SPD discount last week, which saved us about $440. - sweet! I keep tinkering with our ADRs...right now, we have Teppan Edo, BOG (breakfast and dinner), Yak and Yeti, CRT, Rose and Crown, and Tony's. We haven't eaten in the castle since 2005 so I think it will be nice.

I wish we were doing a tour but my husband just wants to spend the days in the parks and not spend any extra $$.

I didn't know there was a January thread!!

This will be our first trip without the kids - January 19-26 at the CBR. We applied the SPD discount last week, which saved us about $440. - sweet! I keep tinkering with our ADRs...right now, we have Teppan Edo, BOG (breakfast and dinner), Yak and Yeti, CRT, Rose and Crown, and Tony's. We haven't eaten in the castle since 2005 so I think it will be nice.

I wish we were doing a tour but my husband just wants to spend the days in the parks and not spend any extra $$.

Well, I don't blame your husband. And there's enough to do in the parks, anyway! Maybe he'll enjoy being there SO MUCH w/o the kids, that you'll be planning another kidless trip real soon and you can do a tour then :)
I've never eaten in the castle and hadn't even considered doing it with just DH! Maybe I'll see if there's anything available........

I've never eaten in the castle and hadn't even considered doing it with just DH! Maybe I'll see if there's anything available........

We have 7 TS dinner credits but I don't want to use one on our first night. We could do 2 different TS meals in one day but that is too much food, I think. So a 2TS meal works well. I know that there are better restaurants than CRT...but. He asked me not to plan any meals at other resorts - again, he doesn't want to miss park time. That leaves either Le Cellier - we've eaten there twice and The Brown Derby which is probably fabulous! I just think the castle on a late night at the MK (it's open till midnight) will be so special! We ate there with the kids on the first night of our first family trip and it was truly beautiful. And the food was great! So, if you can swing the expense, it might be worth it!

Of course, I may still change my mind!!

I'm getting SO EXCITED!

I caved and added CRT for *just* me and my daughter to the itinerary.

Just booked our hotel/ticket package on Friday, however had flights booked for at least a month or two now. Will be arriving January 21-28, for a seven night stay at All Star Sports, and have scored a few ARS that we really have wanted to try. :tigger: Now to wait until November 22nd for our FP booking.

I will be at Sports from 1/24-1/27, short trip before my birthday in February. Have my ADR's booked already.

Gotta love southwest and their free changes....We just changed our arrival to a day earlier(and saved 1800 RR points). Its going to be so nice not to fly out on a 6:30am flight and have to be up at 3:30am. We are doing a first and flying out at noon. 85 days to go till our first January trip!!!

My DH & I will be taking our first January trip! Looking forward to hopefully lower crowds. I think we will definitely notice a difference considering the last couple of times we have been were in summer and spring break!

Hi Everyone!
Going to CBR January 23-30! Can't wait! I've never been in January and haven't been at all since August 2014, so this is ALL I can think,about right now!

Joining the thread!

DH and I will be going solo Jan. 24-30!! We are staying at AKV and BLT, and are looking forward to relaxing and spending (only) 3 days in the parks. DH hasn't stayed at either resort before (I did w/DD during PHM weekend last year). We haven't been to WDW together since January 2013, when we went with our whole gang. We are usually commando, and he does the coasters with the kids since I don't like them.

Looking forward to BOG dinner for the first time, and trying the new Boathouse restaurant in DTD. No other ADRs for us.

So, as soon as youngest DS heads back to college after his winter break...:drive:off to the airport! I just hope the Maryland (and across the country) January weather doesn't cause any issues.

My mom has a conference in January at the Swan and Dolphin resorts, so I'll be going from January 10th to 13th. Unfortunately, I'll be touring alone all but one day, but I'm looking at it positively. Now I've just got to grab that Be Our Guest reservation!

I will be at Sports from 1/24-1/27, see ya there. I made ressies at Kona Cafe for breakfast, Dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh, Dinner at Sanaa, and Breakfast at Rainforest Cafe (AK).

My mom has a conference in January at the Swan and Dolphin resorts, so I'll be going from January 10th to 13th. Unfortunately, I'll be touring alone all but one day, but I'm looking at it positively. Now I've just got to grab that Be Our Guest reservation!

Going solo is the greatest thing. You can do what you want when you want. I enjoyed a solo trip this past April and going again in January solo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter