• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official January 2015 Thread!!!

I can't believe that our MB haven't shipped yet! I thought they would have shipped by now!

I was checking out the different attractions on the Disney website because when we go, we want to do attractions that we normally miss and ones that my kids have never done before (since DH will not be there). However, when I went to make a list of the different attractions for each of the parks, the Disney website said that most of them had no schedules available. Does anyone know what that means? They are not closed for refurbishment because there were other attractions that were listed for each of the parks. I am hoping that they will be opened because almost all of the ones we wanted to go to are under that category.

There are a lot of closures and rehabs going on right now and into the spring. You can get a list of them here http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/reha...s+(Disney+Updates+-+wdwinfo.com)#magickingdom. Hopefully the items you are looking forward to are not on the list but a few that I wanted to do with my family are. Unfortunately this is one of the downsides of going out of season.

We also scored some $86 RT tickets on Southwest, so WDW here we come! It's a short trip, Jan 7-10 but since my parents live there it's doable. We just have one ADR, for breakfast at Cape May on Friday. Yum!

There are a lot of closures and rehabs going on right now and into the spring. You can get a list of them here http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/reha...s+(Disney+Updates+-+wdwinfo.com)#magickingdom. Hopefully the items you are looking forward to are not on the list but a few that I wanted to do with my family are. Unfortunately this is one of the downsides of going out of season.

Thank you for the link, according to that one (which I should of checked in the first place too DOH!!) we are good to go. Funny how my family is hoping for the non headliner rides to be opened....the ones that usually are closed during the off season :rotfl:.

We also scored some $86 RT tickets on Southwest, so WDW here we come! It's a short trip, Jan 7-10 but since my parents live there it's doable. We just have one ADR, for breakfast at Cape May on Friday. Yum!

That is great airfare! I thought $144 r/t on Frontier was good!! I looked into SW from PHL last week and it was expensive. Around $250 r/t.

Check the tracking again. We got our shipping email on the 25th and the tracking originally said the expected delivery date was 1/2. But now it says they're out for delivery in our town and should be here today! Magic bands should be here today, made Be Our Guest lunch FP reservations over the weekend, it's getting closer...:cool1:

Mine actually showed up yesterday! The tracking still said the 3rd so it was a pleasant surprise!

I can't believe that our MB haven't shipped yet! I thought they would have shipped by now!

You might want to call and check....
Mine hadn't shipped either, I finally called and the IT CM said there was a hold placed on the shipment because than me on the reservation wasn't an exact match to the name on my MDE account.... but Disney NEVER informed me of this issue or the hold. If I hadn't called, they would not have shipped!

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy January! It's finally our month everybody! :woohoo:

Happy January to you too and Happy New Years to all of my January Dis Friends!!!!!! I am so excited to say that we will be in WDW THIS month...20 more days!!!!! :dancer:

You might want to call and check....
Mine hadn't shipped either, I finally called and the IT CM said there was a hold placed on the shipment because than me on the reservation wasn't an exact match to the name on my MDE account.... but Disney NEVER informed me of this issue or the hold. If I hadn't called, they would not have shipped!

I actually ended up calling yesterday, and I'm kind of confused. We moved a little over 3 months ago, and at the time that I booked the trip we had already moved so I let them know our address had changed and to please delete the old one. Every time I called, though, the automated computer had our address listed as the old address, but they also had the new one in the system - it just wasn't the primary. So, about 3 weeks ago I called to have them remove the old address permanently so I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore, and the person told me they did. I also personalized our MBs and put in the new address as the shipping address. Despite all of this they still had the old address in the system as the primary address. They said there was confusion on which address to ship it to?? I have no idea how or why especially considering I put the new address in as the shipping address. Either way, it was hopefully taken care because now the website says that they are being personalized and to check back soon for shipping details whereas yesterday it just said to act quickly and that they would be preparing to ship soon.

Booked my BOG FP this morning and now I'm officially done with all my bookings. Now to wait, somewhat, patiently for 23 more days. *sigh*

I actually ended up calling yesterday, and I'm kind of confused. We moved a little over 3 months ago, and at the time that I booked the trip we had already moved so I let them know our address had changed and to please delete the old one. Every time I called, though, the automated computer had our address listed as the old address, but they also had the new one in the system - it just wasn't the primary. So, about 3 weeks ago I called to have them remove the old address permanently so I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore, and the person told me they did. I also personalized our MBs and put in the new address as the shipping address. Despite all of this they still had the old address in the system as the primary address. They said there was confusion on which address to ship it to?? I have no idea how or why especially considering I put the new address in as the shipping address. Either way, it was hopefully taken care because now the website says that they are being personalized and to check back soon for shipping details whereas yesterday it just said to act quickly and that they would be preparing to ship soon.

So glad you called! They definitely have a few glitches in the system!

18 more days.....

pixiedust:

This trip will be the longest I have stayed at Disney. I'm so excited!

Down to 5 here! I have all of our ADRs sewn up...now just need to finish packing. I am about half done.

Also trying to deal with lack of birth certificate (cannot find it) for my 14 month old. Sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter