Official January 2015 Thread!!!

We went MLK weekend two years ago (Saturday-Thursday). Crowds were not bad at all. We had the usual long waits at rides like Peter Pan and Toy Story Mania but for the most part less than 10-15 mins for most rides. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the insight! :thumbsup2

I have a couple of questions:

1. Booked room only over the phone, will my room rate change when the packages are released?

2. Any idea when packages will be released?

3. If packages are normally released in July, and promos released in October, is it fine to wait to upgrade to a package/promo until October?

Thanks in advance!

I have a couple of questions: 1. Booked room only over the phone, will my room rate change when the packages are released? 2. Any idea when packages will be released? 3. If packages are normally released in July, and promos released in October, is it fine to wait to upgrade to a package/promo until October? Thanks in advance!

1. Yes
2. It's been the 2nd wed in July the last 2 years, prior to that it's been Aug.
3. Yes. In fact if you are counting a promo, it's recommended you don't book at all until then. Disney bases their promos and availability on current bookings. The more bookings per category/resort the less of a chance that, that resort/room category will be included. I'm not booking at all until Oct for our Jan trip.

Hey so I have a dilemma. We want a 6 night trip but the only dates that work for my group is the week before marathon weekend. Now we could leave on January 3rd but that's still new years pricing so that's a no go. I guess my question is do you all think it's going to be crazy leaving WDW on the day of the 1/2 marathon (Saturday)? I've heard the traffic is crazy. I'm thinking we would book a late flight hoping that the marathon traffic will be gone. Not planning on renting a car so ME will be our transportation. Our dates would be 1/4-1/10.

I think you should be fine! We were there for Wine and Dine two years ago. The crowds weren't that bad at all! I know marathon weekend is a bit bigger than wine and dine but i still don't think it'll be an issue. :thumbsup2

Today was a great day!! ADR's made today.
1/3 Sanaa (new for us) Arrival day and we are staying at Kidani
1/4 Chef Mickeys
1/5 Prime Time Café (new for us)
1/6 Waynama Safari (with Jiko-new for us)
1/7 Rose and Crown (New for us)
1/8 California Grill(new for us)

As you can probably tell- we are adventuresome eaters and Boma is a favorite of all of us going.

1. Yes

ugh!

ok, getting there . . . Slowly

3. Yes. In fact if you are counting a promo, it's recommended you don't book at all until then. Disney bases their promos and availability on current bookings. The more bookings per category/resort the less of a chance that, that resort/room category will be included. I'm not booking at all until Oct for our Jan trip.

oh , so that's how that all works!

Alrighty, thank you so much !

oh , so that's how that all works! Alrighty, thank you so much !

No problem! They run promos to fill rooms, so if rooms are full why run a promo? Makes perfect sense! And I reallyyyy want a promo and were taking up 3 rooms so I'm def waiting it out!

Today was a great day!! ADR's made today.
1/3 Sanaa (new for us) Arrival day and we are staying at Kidani
1/4 Chef Mickeys
1/5 Prime Time Café (new for us)
1/6 Waynama Safari (with Jiko-new for us)
1/7 Rose and Crown (New for us)
1/8 California Grill(new for us)

As you can probably tell- we are adventuresome eaters and Boma is a favorite of all of us going.

Great ADRs!! I'm still trying to plan mine! :rolleyes1

Boma is one of our favorites too. You'll have to tell me how Sanaa is!! :thumbsup2

More ADRs keep finding their way onto my schedule... initial plan had zero, then two now three... :rolleyes1

One week to sort it out before booking!

I've gotten all the ADRs I've wanted, except Boma for breakfast! :( There doesn't seem to be any availability for my days! Whaaaaat?!

1. Yes

it's the second wednesday in july.

still no rates! getting more antsy.

Hello everybody! I'm leaving for WDW in 9 days to spend a week at POR.
I've already booked my hotel for my January trip to WDW to stay at BCV! (Short trip- 4 days from Jan 12-16) So excited!
Will be planning my June WDW vacation shortly after I return from this July trip. Hoping to rent more DVC points to stay at AK.
I'm nutty about Disney and each vacation is better than the last!

We are booked at BCV January 22 - 28.... now the countdown begins! :hyper:

Last year we told our DS (8) about the Disney trip 5 months in advance! I made a countdown paper chain that started at the 99 day mark. Each link had a different trivia question relating to Disney. That was a ton of work but DS and DH enjoyed it!

This year we are going to wait until 2 months before to tell DS and then maybe do a 30 day countdown calendar.

Are you all doing any kind of countdown calendar thingy to help pass the time?

We told our kids 200+ days out for our trip last time. We did a paper countdown chain for 150 days. It was so fun to see that massive chain dwindle down. This time we are surprising them. They think we aren't going to go back to the world until I finish with Dental Hygiene school in 2 years. We do plan on a graduation Disney Cruise then but we are gonna surprise them with this trip for some fun before my extremely hard semesters start. Another surprise for them is that my best friend, her hubby, and two boys will be coming with us. My kids are gonna have a cow!

190 more days until our trip to WDW! two nights at PCR (1-17 & 1-18) and then five nights at BWV (1-19 to 1-23), CANNOT WAIT! ready to book my ADRs on the 21st, and start the countdown to FP+. after our week in WDW and itineraries and early mornings, we are flying down to Key West (a first for us) to join a friend's 50th bday bash! i am SO ready!:love:

HAPPY SATURDAY JANUARY COUNTDOWNERS! :cool1:

I am getting so excited to book ADR's and figure out this whole magic band thing. We haven't been since 2012 so this is all new to DH and I! Very cool though :thumbsup2

Even picking the color of my magic band is posing a challenge! :rotfl2: DO I go with my favorite color Green? Classic Minnie Red? or Girly Pink??

HAPPY SATURDAY JANUARY COUNTDOWNERS! :cool1: I am getting so excited to book ADR's and figure out this whole magic band thing. We haven't been since 2012 so this is all new to DH and I! Very cool though :thumbsup2 Even picking the color of my magic band is posing a challenge! :rotfl2: DO I go with my favorite color Green? Classic Minnie Red? or Girly Pink??

Yay! I'm right there with your MrsZ. 14 days to make our ADRs. We haven't been since 2009 a lot if changes since then and it's all so exciting! I keep changing my magic band and finally said whatever doesn't matter I'm gonna decorate it with nail polish anyways. But I am second guessing my dining choices and park days even resort choice.

Going :) :) :) sooooo super excited! Just not positive on dates. Which would be better? Jan 4-9 or Jan 10-16...crowd wise? We usually go in August but wanted to do something different this time. Staying at POP :cool1: Thanks for any help!

We are going to be there at the same time. Arriving on the 3rd and leaving on the 10th and staying at POP. We have gone in May, June, early Fall and February. It's January by default this time - the granddaughters actually have an extended Christmas break (12/22 thru 1/9). With lower crowds and no missed school days, we couldn't pass it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter