Official January 2015 Thread!!!

Hi all! Booked yesterday for the last week of January! Just found out that Shades of Green has an awesome special going on that I *couldn't* pass up! ;)

Really looking forward to seeing the crowd levels, my family has only been to DW during the Summer. So excited!:cool1:

(I also put in a request for the FB group.:))

Hi all! Booked yesterday for the last week of January! Just found out that Shades of Green has an awesome special going on that I *couldn't* pass up! ;) Really looking forward to seeing the crowd levels, my family has only been to DW during the Summer. So excited!:cool1: (I also put in a request for the FB group.:))

Michelle, how good is the special. Have never thought about SOG, but DH is 100% connected vet. We are booked at AoA (cars suites). for 9 nights for around 2800. Have you stayed there before

Michelle, how good is the special. Have never thought about SOG, but DH is 100% connected vet. We are booked at AoA (cars suites). for 9 nights for around 2800. Have you stayed there before

We've stayed at SOG once. I really love how big the rooms are (I think around 400 sq/ft.). The deal is 35% off your room rate and it runs for most of January. (Before and after Marathon weekend). For our rank we paid $70.00/night, no tax, resort fees, etc. (I think we are category 2.)
The property is lovely (pool just refurbished, many restaurants, there's an exchange, 10ish minute walk to the Poly and the Monoral).
Definitely worth looking into!:)

Oh, just wanted to mention that, as a Vet I think your family is also eligible for the Armed Forces Vacation Club (AFVC). Condos all over the world for $369.00/week. We've used them as well and have yet to be disappointed. (No joining anything, no listening to a time-share spiel.) we stayed at a two bedroom condo a mile from Disney parking and it was great. (It was Celebration World Resort but I think they since changed their name.)

We've stayed at SOG once. I really love how big the rooms are (I think around 400 sq/ft.). The deal is 35% off your room rate and it runs for most of January. (Before and after Marathon weekend). For our rank we paid $70.00/night, no tax, resort fees, etc. (I think we are category 2.) The property is lovely (pool just refurbished, many restaurants, there's an exchange, 10ish minute walk to the Poly and the Monoral). Definitely worth looking into!:) Oh, just wanted to mention that, as a Vet I think your family is also eligible for the Armed Forces Vacation Club (AFVC). Condos all over the world for $369.00/week. We've used them as well and have yet to be disappointed. (No joining anything, no listening to a time-share spiel.) we stayed at a two bedroom condo a mile from Disney parking and it was great. (It was Celebration World Resort but I think they since changed their name.)

Thanks soooooo much. Will definitely look into it and the AFVC. DH just separated a year and a half ago and just got his rating so all of this is really new to us

January park schedule was released yay!! Tume to start the itinerary planning. We booked AoA Cars suite for 1/22/15-1/31/15. So excited and nervous. Kids and I haven't been since 2009. And DH has never been! :happydance:

Ohhhh! We're going mid January (BLT) and I've been looking but haven't been able to find the schedule. Any chance you can post a link?

January park schedule was released yay!! Tume to start the itinerary planning. We booked AoA Cars suite for 1/22/15-1/31/15. So excited and nervous. Kids and I haven't been since 2009. And DH has never been! :happydance:

wow! how did you find this? i was literally just on a chat with a support CM and they said it hadn't been released yet.

wow! how did you find this? i was literally just on a chat with a support CM and they said it hadn't been released yet.

Check out easywdw. He (Josh) posted the schedule a week and a half ago. It's a pretty good site he has great touring plans and cheat sheets. Even has ride wait times tables.

it works! that's pretty amazing! we were planning to go in november, and i had a whole schedule laid out. but i think we're switching to january. i have been climbing the walls to try and plan, but i do a whole layout of park day plans and then figure out my ADRs from there. in order to do it, though, i needed the hours. thanks!

I do the same thing. I like to get my ADRs made at the first possible moment. Pretty much know what park we will be at on which day. Now I have to figure out what time to make our ADRs for. 3 hour time difference could play a huge role for my family this year. And DH has requested that we not do so many Rope drops (blasphemy).

I am getting worried about not being able to book adr's at 180+10. I don't want to do a room only and then have to refund and rebook when packages come out so I am waiting. Someone on another thread had heard that the packages would be released on July 15th. Blah.... My 180 is July 9. Has anyone booked ADRs a day at a time and gotten what you have wanted?

I am getting worried about not being able to book adr's at 180+10. I don't want to do a room only and then have to refund and rebook when packages come out so I am waiting. Someone on another thread had heard that the packages would be released on July 15th. Blah.... My 180 is July 9. Has anyone booked ADRs a day at a time and gotten what you have wanted?

We booked one day at a time last year because we had not booked the room yet. I got everything I wanted including popular restaurants like Be Our Guest.

On the plus side it is a slow time of year, only ADR I would be especially worried about without the +10 is BoG if you are looking for that one.

I am very worried about this as well. I have never not had my reservation booked prior to the 180 day mark. Mine is 7/11 and last year packages were released 7/10. We are going to be there Marathon weekend too so crowds will be a little higher some of the days we're there. Wishing lots of pixie dust for both of us! pixiedust:

We booked one day at a time last year because we had not booked the room yet. I got everything I wanted including popular restaurants like Be Our Guest.

That's encouraging!

I am very worried about this as well. I have never not had my reservation booked prior to the 180 day mark. Mine is 7/11 and last year packages were released 7/10. We are going to be there Marathon weekend too so crowds will be a little higher some of the days we're there. Wishing lots of pixie dust for both of us! pixiedust: That's encouraging!

I think you will be fine as last year we were booking ADR's for Marathon Weekend as well. Just be ready as soon as 6am rolls around

I do the same thing. I like to get my ADRs made at the first possible moment. Pretty much know what park we will be at on which day. Now I have to figure out what time to make our ADRs for. 3 hour time difference could play a huge role for my family this year. And DH has requested that we not do so many Rope drops (blasphemy).

Kinda on the same vain, I had planned not to do so many EMH days at a park. My God daughter who will be 20 at the time we are going wants all rope drops and EMH??? 20 year old college student on Winter break...wants to get up at the crack of dawn during her break and refuses to take classes before 11 am?? This cracks me up and I guess will change the looks of my sleep late some days vacation.:confused3:rotfl::confused3:rotfl:

We are booked for Jan 2nd - 9th at Pop. First trip for DH, DS17, DD16, DS7, and DD2, second trip for myself, DD14 and DS13 (blended family).

We are traveling from Guam (island in the Pacific) :beach: where the temperature is 80 - something year round with 70-80 percent humidity. So I am quite concerned as to the appropriate attire to deal with (freezing to us) temperature. Any advice would be awesome!

(Last trip in October 2007, we froze once the sun went down, but were fine during the day)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter