OFFICIAL(ish) CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL DINING PACKAGES INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the Dis!
:welcome:

Yes, you can continue to call and/or check the website. I would call later in the afternoon today to just to check if additional times have been downloaded into their system. It should be easier to call in later in the day.

Did anyone else booking with the dining package have their cc charged? I selected Disney Dining Plan Guarantee, but my card was still charged $600+ this morning. Did this happen to anyone else?

Yes, it happened to me too. I'm on the phone with Disney waiting for over an hour. Hopefully it's just a glitch. Thank you for posting. I would have never thought to check my cc.

Welcome to the Dis!
:welcome:

Yes, you can continue to call and/or check the website. I would call later in the afternoon today to just to check if additional times have been downloaded into their system. It should be easier to call in later in the day.
thanks. I’ve been on hold over an hour so will stay for a while and see if I can get anything today. If not I guess I’ll be playing the call in each day game. 😩

Still no luck for me online. I chatted with a cast member an hour or so ago and was told the CP dining packages were undergoing "enhancements" and that I would need to call to reserve. Been on hold for 45 minutes and have been continuing to check online with no luck. I still keep getting the "We are unable to check for available times at this time" message. So frustrating!

Was anyone able to book Tutto for Christmas Eve? Nothing showing, even using the tip to get around the glitch.

Still no luck for me online. I chatted with a cast member an hour or so ago and was told the CP dining packages were undergoing "enhancements" and that I would need to call to reserve. Been on hold for 45 minutes and have been continuing to check online with no luck. I still keep getting the "We are unable to check for available times at this time" message. So frustrating!
You must go to the Epcot Dining page and do a search for your party size and time. The availability will then show up under the Candlelight Processional banner.You will get error messages if you go to the Candlelight Processional page.

After trying for an hour through the broken CP link I missed getting the reservation I needed. Will I need to just keep calling each day to see if people have cancelled like with a regular dining reservation. Anybody have experience with that working?

First post here after “stalking” the site for a number of years. Thanks for all the helpful info :flower1:

Welcome! Stick around, it’s a great website, so many helpful people! :)

Did anyone else booking with the dining package have their cc charged? I selected Disney Dining Plan Guarantee, but my card was still charged $600+ this morning. Did this happen to anyone else?

To pay the interest on $600 for 5 months is absurd. So when they refund will they be refunding interest also?

I would call and see if they can take the charge off.

Yes, it happened to me too. I'm on the phone with Disney waiting for over an hour. Hopefully it's just a glitch. Thank you for posting. I would have never thought to check my cc.
Please let us know what they say

Is there anyway to change the show time? I can find the restaurant time I want, but need an earlier show. Should I just book and then call later to switch times....has that worked in the past?

Last edited:
Is there anyway to change the show time? I can find the restaurant time I want, but need an earlier show. Should I just book and then call later to switch times....has that worked in the ost?
I was able to change my showtime earlier this morning by calling in. I called in right at 7:00 am, the wait time was one hour at that point. People are now reporting wait times around 2 hours.

dbb727 said:
Is there anyway to change the show time? I can find the restaurant time I want, but need an earlier show. Should I just book and then call later to switch times....has that worked in the ost?

dbb727 - that's what I did, just so that I could have the date and restaurant I wanted, then called and was able to get the show time changed.

Yes I was told that they are charging all cards and you can use the dining plan later. Really annoying.
To pay the interest on $600 for 5 months is absurd. So when they refund will they be refunding interest also?

I would call and see if they can take the charge off.

I went ahead and called this morning as soon as the phone lines opened, primarily to check availability for changing from Chefs to Tutto Italia but also for this issue. The CM said that they are charging everyone who books online and you can only use the DDP Guarantee bnooking through the phones. I am not sure about the accuracy of her statement, but do know that when I rebooked for Tutto Italia over the phone, my card was not charged and they did indeed use the DDP Guarantee with CC hold. I cancelled my original reservation for Chefs so the $600+ charges will be debited back to me in 7-10 business days.

Thank you so much for posting this! I wouldn't have checked my card otherwise. I had the dining plan guarantee selected as well but they did indeed charge my card for the reservations. It's my bank debit card so I'm on hold waiting to see if I can get them to take them off. ☹

Was anyone able to get Tappen Edo? I am wondering if it sold out for my dates (12/9) or it wasn't opened up today

Is there any way to book from the My Disney Experience app or even the mobile site? It won't work for me either way. I keep getting errors.

I went ahead and called this morning as soon as the phone lines opened, primarily to check availability for changing from Chefs to Tutto Italia but also for this issue. The CM said that they are charging everyone who books online and you can only use the DDP Guarantee bnooking through the phones. I am not sure about the accuracy of her statement, but do know that when I rebooked for Tutto Italia over the phone, my card was not charged and they did indeed use the DDP Guarantee with CC hold. I cancelled my original reservation for Chefs so the $600+ charges will be debited back to me in 7-10 business days.

I got off the phone with a CM. She had to cancel my original reservation and issue me a new one with a new confirmation number. I was able to keep the same time dining and CP time. She said that they had this issue yesterday. My refund should be given in about 7-10 business. I'm assuming earlier since it came up as a pending charge and not charged yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter