• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Related to that, is the “normal” bus transportation between Disney Springs and the resorts operating. So, for example, if we go to MK for an 8 AM opening and wanted to go to DS for lunch, could we still walk over to the Contemporary and get a bus from there to DS?
Yes

My extended family and I (ten of us including a wheelchair) are staying at CBR next month (Memorial Day weekend) and are looking forward to getting to HS at or around rope drop. Realistically, how early should we be on line to ride the Skyliner to HS?

We’re staying at Old key west in May and have breakfast reservations at Kona cafe at the Polynesian, what is the best plan with current transportation issues?

We’re staying at Old key west in May and have breakfast reservations at Kona cafe at the Polynesian, what is the best plan with current transportation issues?
Easiest would be to take private transportation like Lyft or Uber.

If you would prefer to use Disney transportation I would recommend taking a bus to DHS (or AK) then a bus from there to the Polynesian. I would allow 90 mins of travel time for this option.

Easiest would be to take private transportation like Lyft or Uber.

If you would prefer to use Disney transportation I would recommend taking a bus to DHS (or AK) then a bus from there to the Polynesian. I would allow 90 mins of travel time for this option.
Thank you 😊!

I'll be at HS on Saturday 5/1 and want to go to hop to AK. Are park to park busses running or what is the best way to get to AK? We have 6 adults and a 1yo so a ride share isn't really an option and we don't have a car.

I'll be at HS on Saturday 5/1 and want to go to hop to AK. Are park to park busses running or what is the best way to get to AK? We have 6 adults and a 1yo so a ride share isn't really an option and we don't have a car.
Yes, park to park buses are running from approx 1:30 onward.

We have the same situation as wisblue mentioned above-lunch ADR at Homecomin' on our MK day. He/she said they were walking to the Contemporary to get the bus to DS. Is the resorts monorail not running right now? With the amount of walking we're already going to be doing we would rather ride. Also, what time should we leave MK for a 12:30 ADR?

We have the same situation as wisblue mentioned above-lunch ADR at Homecomin' on our MK day. He/she said they were walking to the Contemporary to get the bus to DS. Is the resorts monorail not running right now? With the amount of walking we're already going to be doing we would rather ride. Also, what time should we leave MK for a 12:30 ADR?
The resort monorail is running for sure so your option works also.

Rule of thumb at Disney to allow 90 minutes to get to a dining reservation. Going from MK to Homecomin' sounds like 90 mins is reasonable.

Hello,
We have a 8:30 am reservation for Tattoria Al Forno. We will be coming from AOA. Will the sky liner be able to take us? Is it running at that time to the Epcot area?

If DHS has a 9am or earlier park opening you will be able to take the Skyliner. I would recommend being at the Pop/AoA Skyliner station early (7:15ish) as you will want to be towards the front of the line once the Skyliner starts running.

When you get to the CBR station you may need to show your dining reservation (or at least tell them about it) in order for them to put you on the Epcot line that early in the morning.

Is there a bus between Epcot and DHS? I have a park reservation at DHS and plan to hop to Epcot.
I’d like to leave my car at Epcot because it’s my end point for the day. But I can’t go from Epcot to DHS thru the international gateway, because I don’t have a park reservation for Epcot.
So Im curious if there was a way to get from Epcot to DHS without going into Epcot itself.

Is there a bus between Epcot and DHS? I have a park reservation at DHS and plan to hop to Epcot.
I’d like to leave my car at Epcot because it’s my end point for the day. But I can’t go from Epcot to DHS thru the international gateway, because I don’t have a park reservation for Epcot.
So Im curious if there was a way to get from Epcot to DHS without going into Epcot itself.
I'm not sure about the bus question (hopefully someone else will know) but, is it an option for you to park at DHS then move your car to Epcot when you go there?

There are park to park buses, but they don't start running until close to 1:30pm when hopping starts.

There are park to park buses, but they don't start running until close to 1:30pm when hopping starts.
Great point - I hadn't thought about the park to park buses not starting until 1:30x I wasn't sure if they ran buses between Epcot and DHS with the friendship boats and Skyliner being other options (and walking). Good to know they're an option starting at 1:30.

If DHS has a 9am or earlier park opening you will be able to take the Skyliner. I would recommend being at the Pop/AoA Skyliner station early (7:15ish) as you will want to be towards the front of the line once the Skyliner starts running.

When you get to the CBR station you may need to show your dining reservation (or at least tell them about it) in order for them to put you on the Epcot line that early in the morning.

I have the same issue with an 8:30 reservation at Trattoria al Forno but staying at CBR. I guess if they won’t let you on the Epcot line, Plan B would be to take the Skyliner to DHS and walk or take the boat from there.

I have the same issue with an 8:30 reservation at Trattoria al Forno but staying at CBR. I guess if they won’t let you on the Epcot line, Plan B would be to take the Skyliner to DHS and walk or take the boat from there.
They will allow you on the Skyliner, you may just need to provide proof of your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter