• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Hi all! I am somewhat familiar with the bus system when it comes to gettting from my resort (Pop Century) to the parks, but I need some advice on the best (quickest) route to take from PC to the Grand Floridian. We have a 9 a.m. breakfast reservation, so I also would like to know what time is suggested we start heading down to the Gran Floridian. Thanks!

I would probably take the bus to MK and then the monorail over to GF. I would give myself PLENTY of extra time.

Hi all! I am somewhat familiar with the bus system when it comes to gettting from my resort (Pop Century) to the parks, but I need some advice on the best (quickest) route to take from PC to the Grand Floridian. We have a 9 a.m. breakfast reservation, so I also would like to know what time is suggested we start heading down to the Gran Floridian. Thanks!

I would probably take the bus to MK and then the monorail over to GF. I would give myself PLENTY of extra time.

Yes, it should take less than an hour and a quarter, so be at the bus stop an hour and a half before your reservation. Tell the bus driver you are going to GF; it's possible the bus may be going there after MK. Also, ask the bus driver if the Resort Monorail is operating; on some mornings, it is opening later and buses are running in its place.

Thanks guys!! I don't want to pay for a taxi, so I am just gonna have to bite the bullet and get up early to get to the bus :)

Hi all! How does when get from the Contemporary resort to Epcot in time for rope drop? I've been reading conflicting information on what time the monorail starts running. Is there a bus?

I need some help deciding whether we should drive or take the bus to the parks. I'm hoping this is the right place to come!

There will be 10 of us staying at POP over Christmas week. My brother and his wife will have their vehicles there--one car and one van--enough for all of us. We were originally thinking that it might be better to drive because my mom has had some health problems and we think it might be difficult for her to stand on a packed bus.

However, I have read a few threads about difficulty getting to AK and MK for EMH when driving so I have a few questions.

My understanding is that the resort monorail will be operating before EMH starts (so in our case before 7 AM for 7 AM EMH). Should we have any concerns about getting to the MK from the TTC using the resort monorail?

Will the parking lot trams at the TTC be operating before 7 AM during those 7 AM EMH mornings?

I have read that AK parking lot can open late and may not be open for an EMH morning so we are thinking we should avoid driving there on an EMH morning. Would we have problems getting into the parking lot in time to make rope drop on a non-EMH morning?

Are there any concerns we should have about driving to EP and DHS for EMH mornings?

Any advice you can give to help us decide would be appreciated! Thanks!

Here now. Have early tour at MK. Staying at AKL. Can we park at Contemporary? We have been to Poly & PO without any problem & with an active MB they don't check ressies.

We leave from the tour to go back to the airport. Just trying to save time.

Here now. Have early tour at MK. Staying at AKL. Can we park at Contemporary? We have been to Poly & PO without any problem & with an active MB they don't check ressies.

Well...since you're asking, you realize there 'could' be an issue. Do what you feel is the right thing to rob you aren't using the facilities at the CR. Technically, you aren't entitled to park there. Not sure why you wouldn't park at the TTC and take the Express monorail to MK.

Well...since you're asking, you realize there 'could' be an issue. Do what you feel is the right thing to rob you aren't using the facilities at the CR. Technically, you aren't entitled to park there. Not sure why you wouldn't park at the TTC and take the Express monorail to MK.
I thought it would allow us to grab coffee & a quick breakfast on our way.

The Contemporary is the most strict about parking. They won't let you in without a dining reservation and they won't allow you to leave your car when go to the park.

With one big "if." If you pay for valet, which is now $25+tip, you can leave your car there all day.

I thought it would allow us to grab coffee & a quick breakfast on our way.
And that's fine...you're at the resort. But, once you leave that resort, you are (technically) not allowed to have your car there.

I know, I know....I'm being a 'stickler'. Can you do it? Possibly, maybe even probably. BUT.....I want everyone to realize what the 'official' stance is on something. That way, there are no mistaken notions as to what you can, and can't, do.

how much time should i plan on for going from ssr to trails end? i'm thinking we should take a bus to mk and then boat over.

I always figure on at least an hour. Going from SSR to FtW/Trails End, I would leave 90 mins....just in case.

thank you! i just realized we will be at dtd at the time so we will just hop on a bus from there

how much time should i plan on for going from ssr to trails end? i'm thinking we should take a bus to mk and then boat over.
thank you! i just realized we will be at dtd at the time so we will just hop on a bus from there
You still should allow an hour, because the bus from DS will drop you at the parking lot for FtW. You'll need to transfer to an internal "Settlement" bus to get to Trails End at Pioneer Hall.

You still should allow an hour, because the bus from DS will drop you at the parking lot for FtW. You'll need to transfer to an internal "Settlement" bus to get to Trails End at Pioneer Hall.
Would it be faster, and easier, to just go to WL, and take the boat over to FtW from there? I hate the internal buses at FtW....just can't figure them out.

Would it be faster, and easier, to just go to WL, and take the boat over to FtW from there? I hate the internal buses at FtW....just can't figure them out.
I don't think it would be faster, and it doesn't seem easier to me.

I can understand the possibility of confusion when traveling to a point inside the campground, like the Bike Barn or the Campfire Circle, but there's nothing at all complicated about going from one end to the other. Every internal bus leaving the Outpost goes to the Settlement; it doesn't matter what color is on the marquee, it still ends up at the same place. Every bus leaving the Settlement, except for the WL bus, likewise goes to the Outpost (excluding, of course, the special resort buses after HDDR.)

Looking forward to MVMCP! Loved MNSSHP last year but after a long night, the bus ride felt longer than than normal. Wondering about taking a taxi after MVMCP...

1- Will it really save us time?
2- Where is the best spot to catch it?
3- There will be 6 of us (shhh... kids don't know about the 2 extra) so is there a way to request/catch a van?

Thank you! :santa:

Looking forward to MVMCP! Loved MNSSHP last year but after a long night, the bus ride felt longer than than normal. Wondering about taking a taxi after MVMCP...

1- Will it really save us time?
2- Where is the best spot to catch it?
3- There will be 6 of us (shhh... kids don't know about the 2 extra) so is there a way to request/catch a van?

Thank you! :santa:
1. Probably not; only slightly, at best.
2. Taxis will be at the TTC, so you'll have to take the monorail or boat over there first. Alternatively, you could walk to the contemporary.
3. They'll have plenty of taxi-vans available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter