Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I've tried to search this question but I've come up empty. There is a direct bus from Pop to Downtown Disney, right? Then how do I get from DtD to MK? No direct bus to parks?

I've tried to search this question but I've come up empty. There is a direct bus from Pop to Downtown Disney, right? Then how do I get from DtD to MK? No direct bus to parks?

Correct. There are no direct buses from DtD to the parks. Unless you have a car or taxi, the best way is to bus to a resort, then get on the MK bus (or boat or monorail) from there. I'd budget at least an hour for the trip.

Correct. There are no direct buses from DtD to the parks. Unless you have a car or taxi, the best way is to bus to a resort, then get on the MK bus (or boat or monorail) from there. I'd budget at least an hour for the trip.

Thank you!

I have a chef Mickey ressie at 945 and want to go to Epcot afterwards. Will the monorail take us there or do I need to take the bus? I'd like to travel on the monorail at least once. My 9yo boy would love it! Thanks!

I have a chef Mickey ressie at 945 and want to go to Epcot afterwards. Will the monorail take us there or do I need to take the bus? I'd like to travel on the monorail at least once. My 9yo boy would love it! Thanks!

Ride the monorail to the TTC from the Contemporary (the next stop), and then transfer to the EPCOT monorail from there.

Okay what's the easiest and quickest way for dh and I to get from Allstar Music to the Fort Wilderness Campground? thanks

You actually have to take two monorails. You get on the monorail at the Contemporary and take it to the TTC, then transfer to the Epcot monorail.

ETA: OK, somehow I didn't notice that this question was not the most recent post when I posted. Never mind.

Okay what's the easiest and quickest way for dh and I to get from Allstar Music to the Fort Wilderness Campground? thanks

The easiest and quickest way to get from one resort to another is almost always going to be a taxi. If you want to use Disney transportation though, take the bus to MK and the boat to FtW (assuming that you're heading to the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue or Mickey's Backyard BBQ, because both of those are just a few minutes walk from the boat dock).

Direct bus for both.

Yep.

There is no direct transportation between resorts, sotThe only way you could do this is to take the bus to MK and then just take the monorail loop around. I think the loop takes about 20 to 30 minutes, assuming the monorail is running correctly. Keep in mind that the monorail has been having quite a few issues lately, so it could take longer than you anticipate.

Thank u so much for all of this! I didn't know that about the monorail, that's something to think about!

Thank u so much for all of this! I didn't know that about the monorail, that's something to think about!

A few weeks ago, there were people trapped on the monorail for 3 hours. Don't get me wrong - that isn't common, but shorter breakdowns are happening with more and more frequency. It's enough to make me avoid taking the monorail if there is another alternative.

What is the best way to get from SSR to OKW? I would prefer to just take the ferry. We are staying at SSR but we have a dinner reservation at 9:50P at Olivia's Cafe. Does the ferry that goes from SSR to DTD on the same route as OKW? Can I just stay on that same ferry? I'm hoping that is so. I would rather not have to wait for two ferries.

Thanks.

What is the best way to get from SSR to OKW? I would prefer to just take the ferry. We are staying at SSR but we have a dinner reservation at 9:50P at Olivia's Cafe. Does the ferry that goes from SSR to DTD on the same route as OKW? Can I just stay on that same ferry? I'm hoping that is so. I would rather not have to wait for two ferries.

Thanks.
No, they are separate boats ... but at least they dock at the same dock at DTD.

The boats run until 11 p.m., so they will not be an option to get back after dinner. You will have to either take the bus to DTD and then one to SSR, or take a taxi.

Ok, so I have another transportation question and I'm sure it's been asked a million times but here it is. We have dinner ressies at cape May cafe. Easiest way from movies to beach club using disney transportation cause we will hitch a ride on the bus to MK for EMH!!

Ok, so I have another transportation question and I'm sure it's been asked a million times but here it is. We have dinner ressies at cape May cafe. Easiest way from movies to beach club using disney transportation cause we will hitch a ride on the bus to MK for EMH!!

Bus to DHS and then walk or boat to the Beach Club.

We will be staying at AKL. Can we take the bus from AKL to Studios and then take a boat from the Studios to Boardwalk and then boat from Boardwalk to Epcot?

I'd like to be able to get to World Showcase without going through Future World.

We will be staying at AKL. Can we take the bus from AKL to Studios and then take a boat from the Studios to Boardwalk and then boat from Boardwalk to Epcot?

I'd like to be able to get to World Showcase without going through Future World.

Yes, but there's no need to stop at the Boardwalk.

After leaving DHS the boat makes 4 stops Swan & Dolphin, Yacht & Beach Club, Boardwalk and then Epcot in that order, and then reverses back to DHS.
No need to change boats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter