Official~ Having a Dole Whip in honor of Bob "Bawb" Varley

Great picture Ian! The smile on your face definitely indicates you are enjoying your DW "Bawb-style"...especially with a second one waiting on the ledge behind you!

Thanks! That other one belonged to someone else, but I wouldn't have hesitated to take a bite if it went unclaimed. :rotfl:

...In addition, I wanted to share a Dole Whip and buy one unexpectedly for the person behind me. So a lone older woman drives up in an ECV. I thought this was perfect. I told her I wanted to buy her a Dole Whip Float, she said she didn't know what that was. I was just handed mine, I said this is what it was. She said "OK", and I just handed the one I just got. I then told her how I had a friend who had just passed away and one of his favorite things were Dole Whip floats, so I was buying this in memory of him. The woman said I was such a nice "boy" (a nice thing to say since I'm turning 40 this year), and I thought she was going to cry.

The experience made my day. Thanks Bawb!

You DID make me cry...in a good way. :) That's a very sweet tribute. I'll be having my first Dole Whip in September and certainly will be thinking of Bawb.

Perhaps purchasing an extra Dole Whip, then turning to the next guest in line and handing it to them and say " compliments of Bob Varley, have a Magical Day!"

A pic from last week. In May I paid one forward (alone and no one to share it with) but this time DS happily ate it. He'd never had one so once again Bob has spread the magic. Dole Whips are now called Bob Whips in our house.
36868Copy_of_JUN_5561-med.JPG

Grumpy0711
Perhaps purchasing an extra Dole Whip, then turning to the next guest in line and handing it to them and say " compliments of Bob Varley, have a Magical Day!"

In May after Bob's memorial DIS meet. I went to the MK for the purpose of buying one for the next person in line. I had heard from a DISer (who shall remain nameless) at the meet that Dole Whips were very syrupy and sweet. Not my thing:( I decided rather than taste it and throw it away (couldn't do that) I'd pay it forward instead.The recipients were very appreciative. See my May post for more.

Here's a quick pic of DS eating his "Bob Whip" before it disappeared last week:wizard:
36868bob_whip_june-med.JPG

As a follow-up to my voicemail that was played on the 6/26 podcast...there will be a group of us visiting WDW during the last week of August that would like to get together for an unofficial "Dole Whip for Bawb" Meet'n'Greet. We will need to narrow it down to a date between 8/24-8/31 and I am open to any and all suggestions on what would be the best way to do this. I was going to wait until early August to post something, but if we DISers are guilty of anything -- it's our need to plan!!! Also, Pete indicated they might be able to make it to our gathering..so let's keep our fingers crossed that we might have some "special guests". :thumbsup2

As a follow-up to my voicemail that was played on the 6/26 podcast...there will be a group of us visiting WDW during the last week of August that would like to get together for an unofficial "Dole Whip for Bawb" Meet'n'Greet. We will need to narrow it down to a date between 8/24-8/31 and I am open to any and all suggestions on what would be the best way to do this. I was going to wait until early August to post something, but if we DISers are guilty of anything -- it's our need to plan!!! Also, Pete indicated they might be able to make it to our gathering..so let's keep our fingers crossed that we might have some "special guests". :thumbsup2

Our dates are 8/25 - 9/2. We are flexible. Maybe you should start a new thread and do a poll? :banana:

(we wouldn't want to tick tomu570 off by chatting on this thread. :teeth:)

I agree with cocowum, start a new thread or vote - I would love to meet the team. We will be there 8/28 - 9/1. :cool1:

We will be in the world the week of 8/24 but leave on a DCL cruise 8/28.

Our MK day is scheduled for 8/25, but I'll sneak back in if that day doesn't work for the majority:goodvibes

I was going to start a new thread but if I recall correctly, I thought Pete and Corey both mentioned this sticky thread...so I thought that's where they wanted me to share the info.

Oh well, I'll start a new one and the mods can always move it here if they would like.

Did you see that I changed my signature? :thumbsup2

Great idea! I was hoping to do something similar in October when we are there for food & wine. Heh. This could be a massive year for Dole Whip meets! I hope WDW is ready! :)

Interesting, they have no idea what has hit them as far as Dole Whips for Bob. Both times I've ordered them I've explained to CM's what I was doing. They seemed genuinely moved by it both times and yet clueless. Eventually we won't have to explain the run on Dole Whips, they'll know:)

I am new to the dis site and to the podcast. I started listening to the podcast around the time of the death of your friend bob(bawb). I have been to disney 40 times or so since 1981 and have lots of great memories there with my kids. I thought I had done a lot at disney over the years but now realize how little I really knew about the place. I find Disney magical and from the tributes I read about your friend bob (bawb) I can tell how much he will be missed by all his friends and family. A measure of a great man is in how he has touch the lives of others and from what I have read bob(bawb) was truly a great man. I am sorry I never got to know him since I think it would have been and honor. I never have had a dole whip on all my trips but I will have one in honor of Bob (bawb) since I can see how much magic and joy he has brought into peoples lives.

Great idea! I was hoping to do something similar in October when we are there for food & wine. Heh. This could be a massive year for Dole Whip meets! I hope WDW is ready! :)

When in October? We will be there the 9th thru the 13th for the long weekend. If you have it then, we'll be there!!:cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1:

I had my Dole Whip on Tuesday at Disneyland. I got the Dole Whip Float and walked down Main Street sharing with my mom and husband. One for me, One for you, One for you, One for me. I have to say I never likes Dole Whips when I tried them before, but this one seemed special. Now I will definitely get one every trip.

I have to say the line for Dole Whips on Saturday was so long. It was one of the longest lines in the park.

Here are the Dole Whip floats I picked up yesterday at Disneyland...and only 3 people ahead of me in line...must have been during the parade :rotfl:

DisneySummer2008DoleWhip-1.jpg

I am addicted!!!!!

How come the fake dole whips ala bawb, and some other dole whips have the juice. Mine didnt have no stinkin juice, or a fancy umbrella?
I'm goin to take a nap..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter