Official Glass Slipper Challenge Thread

SAHDad said:
When did you submit it? If it was after the beginning of this month, you have to do it in person:

It was in June after a local race in Jax.

1MCSCROOGE said:
Did they give reason for rejection?

No reason provided. We're going to bring it to the expo and hope the person proceaaing there is a sweetheart. I'm think it is bc it was a non-certified course.

Just a reminder-- If you havent already stopped by the Princess 1/2 & GS Challenge "where are you staying" thread, please do! We have quite the list going. Also if you have switched hotels you can let me know that too. As of right now we are up to date!

Michele

Where is that "where are you staying" list. I can't seem to find it.:confused3

I just booked my reservation at the Fort Wilderness, I had no idea if it was a code for discounts since this is my first time doing the race. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks

tap tap tap...

Is this thing still on? ;)

Just about 3 months away now - how's everyone's training going? Has anyone else started your back-to-back training runs? I did my first last weekend - 8.5 Sat. and 2 Sun. It was okay; I've got issues going on with my lower back/hip and was in some pain, but got it done at my target paces.

I'm very surprised that Galloway never released a GSC training plan. :confused3 I'm also running the WDW Half, so I had to make my own plan, anyway, but I'd think he'd have put one out for this. Odd.

I was pretty suprised they didn't release one either. not for Tinkerbell 10K too! Got to wonder if RunDisney is going to part ways with Galloway or something. :confused3

I've done 1 back to back, but it wasn't even real I guess. I was supposed to do 1 mile walk on saturday, then 8 mile run on Sunday. Well saturday I walked around the museum for 6 hours, then did 8.5 on Sunday. felt fine.....we'll see the next time. this weekend i'm just supposed to do 4 miles.

who has costumes ready?? I got a Belle costume on sale after halloween that i'm going to wear for the 10K.....getting a Tutu from Race Junkie and a yellow tank for the 1/2.

I know this has been posted a lot, but has any one developed a strong training program they would like to share. I am using the Dumbo Double Dare program, but I would like to know if anyone ran it, and how well the program prepared them for the challenge!

Thank you!

I am only planning 3 back to back runs. I only run 3 days a week and never back to back as years ago I had IT issue and so PT helped me do some exercises and suggested a day off between runs. That has been a great plans for years. I have been know to hike almost everyday for three week periods so I think I will be fine.

As far as a plan...not sure if you girls are running or walking, but I run 6 miles on Monday's. do either speed or tempo (6 miles) on Wednesday's and plan to increase Friday's run by one mile very week with 6 today. I also cross train for an hour on Tuesday, Wed and Sat... Yoga, pilates, kettle bell, stretch etc.

This is not a race for me, but I will try to do my best and hoping to average 10mm for all three races. I am not doing any costumes this year, maybe a special shirt on Sunday with something about the triple crown or perfect princess.

Stay Healthy!

I know this has been posted a lot, but has any one developed a strong training program they would like to share. I am using the Dumbo Double Dare program, but I would like to know if anyone ran it, and how well the program prepared them for the challenge!

Thank you!

I can't link just the image from my phone, but my plan is in here, just scroll down: http://seevrun.blogspot.com/2013/10/change-of-plans-again.html?m=1

It's very specific to my needs, but might help with some ideas.

I ran my longest run a few days ago, nearly 10 miles. It went well until I was about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way through. Feet felt good, breathing good, knees and ankles good. However, I developed an issue I've never had before or since. My glutes and hamstrings started really hurting. Not so much that I couldn't run or walk, and it didn't get progressively worse. It just made it uncomfortable and slowed me down. Has anyone had this issue, and do you have suggestions for how to prevent it in the future?

I ran my longest run a few days ago, nearly 10 miles. It went well until I was about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way through. Feet felt good, breathing good, knees and ankles good. However, I developed an issue I've never had before or since. My glutes and hamstrings started really hurting. Not so much that I couldn't run or walk, and it didn't get progressively worse. It just made it uncomfortable and slowed me down. Has anyone had this issue, and do you have suggestions for how to prevent it in the future?

I expect you just tightened up. You're finally hitting distances you've never done (yeah!) and your body needs to adjust. Make sure you are stretching afterwards. Just google hamstring/glute stretch (runnersworld has good ones) Down dog is good for hammies.

Also, cosider getting a foam roller--this is a really useful tool. Look for videos on rolling hammies/butt.

Finally, soreness should go away in a few days. But if the pain becomes more pronounced or sharper, then stop running and consider seeing a doc. You don't want to turn something small into something worse. Probably not the case, but just to consider.

Good luck.

Mine's a little different location - right glute, outer hip, hip flexor - but same sensation. Be careful; I kept trying to run through the tightness and am really paying for it now. Foam roll, for sure, and work out that tightness before running again.

It definitely didn't get worse, and it went away the next day. I don't have a foam roller, but I do have an Addaday roller. That really helped. Do you think that as I get used to running longer distances, it will happen less and less? I am a little nervous about it happening in the half.

tap tap tap...

Is this thing still on? ;)

Just about 3 months away now - how's everyone's training going? Has anyone else started your back-to-back training runs? I did my first last weekend - 8.5 Sat. and 2 Sun. It was okay; I've got issues going on with my lower back/hip and was in some pain, but got it done at my target paces.

I'm very surprised that Galloway never released a GSC training plan. :confused3 I'm also running the WDW Half, so I had to make my own plan, anyway, but I'd think he'd have put one out for this. Odd.

Training is going well here, I did W&D last weekend, I have a half next month and also start full marathon training next month. Doing that, the Tink 10k/half in January. I'm honestly not really doing back to back runs per the rD Dumbo plan. My marathon training plan(doing Hal Higdon) has me doing 3 days in a row, shorter runs, during the week, so I figure that will get me trained well enough for the unofficial Tink challenge and then GSC.

Training is going well here, I did W&D last weekend, I have a half next month and also start full marathon training next month. Doing that, the Tink 10k/half in January. I'm honestly not really doing back to back runs per the rD Dumbo plan. My marathon training plan(doing Hal Higdon) has me doing 3 days in a row, shorter runs, during the week, so I figure that will get me trained well enough for the unofficial Tink challenge and then GSC.

I got my first back to back last weekend also, one mile on Friday 4 on Saturday , hoping to up each one mile this coming weekend.

It definitely didn't get worse, and it went away the next day. I don't have a foam roller, but I do have an Addaday roller. That really helped. Do you think that as I get used to running longer distances, it will happen less and less? I am a little nervous about it happening in the half.
Glad to hear it went away quickly! I'm no doctor, but based on my own experiences, it does't sound like you injured anything, so I wouldn't worry.

Glad to hear it went away quickly! I'm no doctor, but based on my own experiences, it does't sound like you injured anything, so I wouldn't worry.
So an update here...I did not take a rest day after the 10 miler, because I felt fine and wanted to keep my legs moving. I believe I did some yoga and elliptical. Then I ran Thursday and Friday. I went to the gym and did some weight training, then walked Saturday. All through this my legs were fine. Sunday, my hamstrings were sore. I did some strength training moves that I did feel in my hamstrings, so I am thinking that is what it was. I decided to take an unscheduled rest day and run my long run tomorrow. Now, I am still sore and I'm not sure what to do. It doesn't feel like I pulled something, just like I had a really hard workout. Any thoughts?

ETA: Long run this week is only 4 miles.

So an update here...I did not take a rest day after the 10 miler, because I felt fine and wanted to keep my legs moving. I believe I did some yoga and elliptical. Then I ran Thursday and Friday. I went to the gym and did some weight training, then walked Saturday. All through this my legs were fine. Sunday, my hamstrings were sore. I did some strength training moves that I did feel in my hamstrings, so I am thinking that is what it was. I decided to take an unscheduled rest day and run my long run tomorrow. Now, I am still sore and I'm not sure what to do. It doesn't feel like I pulled something, just like I had a really hard workout. Any thoughts?

ETA: Long run this week is only 4 miles.

I'd go ahead and run- don't push it, sometimes getting the blood moving in those muscles will get the lactic acid out and that's what causes the soreness. Start slow on the run and see what happens?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter