Official Glass Slipper Challenge Thread

Ok, Since this thread seems to be back on track, :moped:, I am going to join. ::yes:: Cannot wait for this race. I am signed up for W&D, the 10K and 1/2 for marathon weekend already. Had no desire to do Princess weekend. And of course Disney adds a 10K to the 1/2 and calls it something special and I am more excited about this one than my other two combined. :banana::cool1: They know how to sucker us in. :lmao:

This was me! I'm doing the 10K and Marathon for Marathon weekend (I really just want Minnie/Mickey medals!)... I was going to do another local half on the same weekend as Princess, but that dang Glass Slipper medal must be mine! ::yes::

i am jealous of those of you planning to run this! i'd love to get in on the first, but just can't swing it since i'm already booked for the 10k and half in January (i'm also doing TOT in October--DH would think i've lost my mind!). BTW, i wish they had a special medal for that combo. :)

This was me! I'm doing the 10K and Marathon for Marathon weekend (I really just want Minnie/Mickey medals!)... I was going to do another local half on the same weekend as Princess, but that dang Glass Slipper medal must be mine! ::yes::

Jenn, I noticed you right away at the beginning of this thread from 'our' W&D thread ;). But then it went :offtopic: so I did not join. But now it seems to be calming a little. I guess now you and I have even more to talk about! :thumbsup2

i am jealous of those of you planning to run this! i'd love to get in on the first, but just can't swing it since i'm already booked for the 10k and half in January (i'm also doing TOT in October--DH would think i've lost my mind!). BTW, i wish they had a special medal for that combo. :)

Emily sorry you won't be able to join us. I am doing W&D and the 10K and 1/2 in January along with this craziness now. :lmao: Let's just say my husband was not too happy about it, but I did remind him that he just bought a brand new new Chevy Silverado and then he could not say much. ::yes:: I am with you on the special combo medal. :confused3

Ok, Since this thread seems to be back on track, :moped:, I am going to join. ::yes:: Cannot wait for this race. I am signed up for W&D, the 10K and 1/2 for marathon weekend already. Had no desire to do Princess weekend. And of course Disney adds a 10K to the 1/2 and calls it something special and I am more excited about this one than my other two combined. :banana::cool1: They know how to sucker us in. :lmao:

Hey stranger!!!!!

Glad you could join us!!!
I'm totally in, DH already gave me the go ahead to do both races. Now to wait for sign ups.

Yeah everyone is happy again! My question is if I do tink in January then princess in February and then wine and dine in November... Is that two c2c medals or just one? I'm guessing I have to do DL 1/2 to get the c2c medal in November for wine and dine..... ? Hope that made sense.

Yeah everyone is happy again! My question is if I do tink in January then princess in February and then wine and dine in November... Is that two c2c medals or just one? I'm guessing I have to do DL 1/2 to get the c2c medal in November for wine and dine..... ? Hope that made sense.

you're right...you'd have to throw DL in there to get another C2C at Wine & Dine.

Glad things are going to be smoother sailing as far as Thread support here.

I am WISHing that I would be able to enjoy this lovely bling from these events. I really do like my Disney bling. I just need some time to figure out how/if I can make magic happen and get to do this series.

Everyone who is going, I will have bling envy.

So glad that this thread is back on track. I am in for the Glass Slipper officially! Well, as official as I can be with registration not open yet. I told DH about it this am. His response? "This sounds a lot like when you decided to give birth without pain meds. Do you remember how well that worked out?" Well, I'll take that as a yes :rotfl:

Jenn, I noticed you right away at the beginning of this thread from 'our' W&D thread ;). But then it went :offtopic: so I did not join. But now it seems to be calming a little. I guess now you and I have even more to talk about! :thumbsup2

Yay! The only thing I'm worried about, as a PP said, is it selling out too quickly. But you better believe that I'll be ready and refreshing that page so I can stop stressing about it! :cool1:

I'm in! I was already planning on doing the PHM so what's 6.2 more miles :rotfl: It will be my first run disney weekend and I'm so excited for the chance to earn 3 medals!

I'm running my first half in July I'm so excited

I am in, I was going to be back for marathon weekend but the Glass Slipper medal is more then I can say no to:thumbsup2

It's okay to feel however you want to feel. Complaining about it on social media doesn't really help. Email runDisney and ask why they don't have a pirate race or a Peter Pan race.

Love this! I would like to see a Pirate or Peter Pan race.

I'm definitely in but going to need to make it a girl's weekend. If I can't get my girlfriend's to go, I'll travel with my mom and daughter. I need the glass slipper just hope my Dopey legs will have recovered.

So excited!! Definitely doing the Glass Slipper Challenge! :)

I may kick myself after having just (hopefully!) completing my first marathon in January, but the hardware is too awesome to pass up!

I'll in the same boat as you are! But no way am I passing it up!!

Oh, I am just thisclose to deciding to do the Glass Slipper Challenge! I have to figure out if I'm completely nuts or if the excitement of another event and TWO other medals will be enough to kick my training into high gear. I wonder what the course for the 10k will be? And boy oh boy am I ever dying to see the medals!

I think I remember seeing that the 5k medals are actually made of rubber or plastic; what have other Disney 10k medals been made of?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter