**Official Frozen Sing-Along, Oaken's, Holiday Premium Package Tips, updated 1/5/15

Thanks for sharing.

I have been calling every day since last Wednesday to try to get the package for my and DS for Saturday...6 days later and still not successful! :sad: Today they told me that there was a notification that went out to the CM's that most dates will fully sold out.I know that we could just go and do the Frozen event, but I was really hoping to make this a "special day" for us!

For those of you that have been able to book the package lately...are you calling at a particular time? I am wondering if the cancellations return into the system "real time" or if there is a set download time.

9pm Sat for Mon

I am wondering if the cancellations return into the system "real time" or if there is a set download time.

A canceled ADR returns in "real time." When I canceled my SWW package, I coordinated with a DISer who needed all 5. Because I had two separate reservations for the total of 5, I had two iPads ready to cancel at the specified time and the DISer and her DH had their iPhones ready. They were able to immediately pick all 5 up as soon as I canceled.

You may want to check the Dining Cancelation threads for the month of your visit. That's where I listed my "will cancel soon" post.

Thanks! I had no idea there was a dining cancellation thread...I will check it out and if that doesn't work, I will continue to stalk the good people at Disney Dining!!:confused3

Thanks! I had no idea there was a dining cancellation thread...I will check it out and if that doesn't work, I will continue to stalk the good people at Disney Dining!!:confused3

The Cancelation Threads are in the Disney Dining Reservations sub-forum - you'll see it after you go to Disney Restaurants.

I am almost positive that I flew right by the hours for Oakens, I apologize if its staring me right in the face....have the wait times calmed down at all? Thank you

I am almost positive that I flew right by the hours for Oakens, I apologize if its staring me right in the face....have the wait times calmed down at all? Thank you

I'm not sure what they have been like... but we popped over for a bit yesterday. Didn't get there until noonish. Rode RnRC twice then wandered over to look at the frozen stuff. No wait for either entrance (the store or the playland).

She was able to get a skate time. The line for the snow existed so we didn't do that... but I bet it wasn't more than 10 minutes.

Last night, all of Oaken's closed at 8pm for fireworks even though the Times Guides have been listing them as the Trading Post opened til closing and the Funland closing at 8pm.

Each time we've been to Oaken's since opening day, there hasn't been much of line, if any at all, to enter either the Trading Post or the Frozen Funland.

I'm not sure what they have been like... but we popped over for a bit yesterday. Didn't get there until noonish. Rode RnRC twice then wandered over to look at the frozen stuff. No wait for either entrance (the store or the playland).

She was able to get a skate time. The line for the snow existed so we didn't do that... but I bet it wasn't more than 10 minutes.

Both sides of Oaken were walk right in when we were there yesterday. We waited 10 minutes for the snow yesterday and could have signed up right away for skating.

thank you! was trying to see if we could make our way over on the night we arrive to get Frozen MagicBands, but it seems we will have to wait until Sunday just to be safe. Doubt we will get over there before 800.

for those who did the dessert party and fireworks....where is the best place to move to once the fireworks start? I keep hearing reports the viewing for fireworks isn't that great :/

for those who did the dessert party and fireworks....where is the best place to move to once the fireworks start? I keep hearing reports the viewing for fireworks isn't that great :/

On opening day we did the package and stood in the far back, left, by the sign. Not a good view of fireworks or stage.

Last night we did the package again. We stood in the far back, right, beside the cameras. Had a decent view of both the fireworks and the stage show.

We've seen the Frozen Fireworks 3 times. Two of the 3 times they allowed guests to stand in front of the package area. Once they did not. So on July 6th, the people who had the package would have had a much better view of the stage since non-package guests were not in front of them.

For FTF, we were in the very front row of the package in the middle of the front row. We had a decent view of both the stage and the fireworks.

Honestly, I didn't think the fireworks viewing area was limited sight. We saw just fine. ;-). The next night we returned to see them again (without the package) and were in the crowd on the main street in front of the sweet shop. Very crowded. I am quite "petite" and had trouble seeing over people's heads. Lol

The premium package was worth it for the special feel - but I think they had us gather much to early in the morning. The sun was brutal and it was too long to keep the children involved contained. I heard many complaints from the parents of young children all around us. As much as I feel for them, it sort of puts a damper on the day when you hear all these complains first thing in the morning. Lol. Ok, I get it, it's hot. But, it IS summer in Florida! Lol. Forget the ice cream & water/soda in the morning - mimosas & bloody Mary's would have been better!! ;-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I apologize if this has been asked, but does anyone know what social media (twitter, instagram, etc) is best to use for #OlafSummerVacation so that my pic may possibly be featured in the finale? In other words, where does Disney get the pics that they put onscreen during the finale?

I apologize if this has been asked, but does anyone know what social media (twitter, instagram, etc) is best to use for #OlafSummerVacation so that my pic may possibly be featured in the finale? In other words, where does Disney get the pics that they put onscreen during the finale?

My Star Wars Weekend photos that were used in the finale came from Instagram and Twitter.

At the dessert party now. It's been raining on and off all day. The party got moved to Disney Jr. I'll be surprised if they do the fireworks with the way it is raining now. :(

At the dessert party now. It's been raining on and off all day. The party got moved to Disney Jr. I'll be surprised if they do the fireworks with the way it is raining now. :(

I'm sure you are enjoying the desserts. I hope the rain stops in time.

Here is a tutorial for those technologically challenged like me. Please note if you have an Android like me, you need a ton of patience. Yesterday almost everyone with and Android was having issues with the app.

1. Download the app
2. Aim your phone at the scene. A certain part of the scene triggers the app.
3. Once the app is "triggered", you'll see a purple swirl. Wait for that to go away.
4. Next you'll see a blue box within the picture. Tap the blue box.
5. Take the picture once the character(s) get in place.
6. A new pop up will show up on the screen, click save.

Thank you for the tips and for posting your pics. I also loved your DS shirt the day he got to play in the snow!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter