**Official February 2024 Thread**

I was clicking around on the app, looking at ride closures, and noticed that Country Bears will be closing after today. Does that mean it’s down for retheming?

Park hours updated for President's Day Weekend!!
Thursday MK open until 11:00 pm
Friday, Feb 16 MK early entry at 7:30 am and open until 11:00 pm
Saturday, Feb 17 MK open until 11:00 pm
No changes for Sunday Feb 18 or Monday Feb 19 (yet!)

Thursday, Friday, Saturday HS early entry is 8:00 - 8:30 am

No changes for EPCOT

AK was already updated a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
I was clicking around on the app, looking at ride closures, and noticed that Country Bears will be closing after today. Does that mean it’s down for retheming?
I think that is the plan. Disney wants to update the show. It will be nice to have some new songs. :)

I just noticed that we no longer need park reservations for our trip next week. We are annual passholders and had to make park reservations even though we had Disney resort reservations. But Disney just made our dates "good to go dates" so now we won't need park reservations. It doesn't make any difference to us, since we won't be changing our dates, but it does help my sister who is staying off site for three weeks.

We are going to WDW next Sunday. It is almost time to bring the suitcases up from the basement. :)

So I had a very scary day today. I was on my way up to spend few days with my mother before leaving from BWI airport on Tuesday morning it was really foggy this morning and there was a really bad accident on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge it Was really hard to see anything and I was really going slow trying to see lights on cars in front of me. I got caught in the middle when the car in front of me hit the car in front of them and the car just behind me in the next lane over swerved into me and pushed me into the car in front of me. Then I felt my car being pushed/bumped several more times. I didnt feel a huge crash like it would have been if everyone had actually been going the speed limit. I counted 7 cars ahead of me it was too foggy to see further than that and I couldnt see where the accident ended behind me. I heard a little while ago on the news that there were 20 cars involved initially and then 20 more cars in a series of additional accidents. I was not injured and felt ok at the time although now my back and neck and right shoulder are really painful. Hurts to turn my head. policeman came to car to ask if I was hurt and take my information. I had to stay in car for hours before I was told my car would be removed from the bridge and I would receive transportation off bridge. My car is damaged both front and back but I think I could have driven my self back off bridge if I could have turned my car around. I was able to drive my car home after speaking to my insurance company. i was lucky I did see others being taken away in ambulances.

So I had a very scary day today. I was on my way up to spend few days with my mother before leaving from BWI airport on Tuesday morning it was really foggy this morning and there was a really bad accident on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge it Was really hard to see anything and I was really going slow trying to see lights on cars in front of me. I got caught in the middle when the car in front of me hit the car in front of them and the car just behind me in the next lane over swerved into me and pushed me into the car in front of me. Then I felt my car being pushed/bumped several more times. I didnt feel a huge crash like it would have been if everyone had actually been going the speed limit. I counted 7 cars ahead of me it was too foggy to see further than that and I couldnt see where the accident ended behind me. I heard a little while ago on the news that there were 20 cars involved initially and then 20 more cars in a series of additional accidents. I was not injured and felt ok at the time although now my back and neck and right shoulder are really painful. Hurts to turn my head. policeman came to car to ask if I was hurt and take my information. I had to stay in car for hours before I was told my car would be removed from the bridge and I would receive transportation off bridge. My car is damaged both front and back but I think I could have driven my self back off bridge if I could have turned my car around. I was able to drive my car home after speaking to my insurance company. i was lucky I did see others being taken away in ambulances.

Oh no! I am so glad you are okay. My son and I was in an accident several years ago and we felt fine initially but the next day my son's neck started hurting. He ended up with whiplash. I would definitely get checked out for sure. Especially with your upcoming trip (if you're still going) because the doctor may need to clear you to ride the rides.

We just booked today! My sister and I signed up for the Princess 5K and my parents decided to come to cheer us on. We’re going February 21-27. We rented points and are staying at Boulder Ridge Villas at the Wilderness Lodge.
We are going for the Princess 5K too. We did it last year and had so much fun that now it's going to be a yearly tradition as long as we are all healthy enough.

Wow Lsdolphin, that is scary!! I'm glad you weren't injured more seriously and agree with Bama Mom about getting checked out by your doctor just to be sure. 😬

That is a very scary accident. I'm glad that you weren't seriously injured but it does sound like you do have "some" injuries. This could have been so much worse!

Keep us updated as to whether or not you are able to take your trip to WDW. :)

Wow! I saw that headline online last night before bed. I live about 45 mins from the bridge, and drive over it a few times a year when headed South. It freaks me out a bit on a good day, so I cannot even imagine traversing that in heavy fog! While not uninjured, I am glad you were about to drive away and walk! I truly hope it’s just sore muscles and doesn’t affect your trip. 🙏 I agree with others to go get checked out just to make sure. The fog the past few days has been awful. I had to go out on Thursday and Friday evenings to shuttle the kids around and it was the worst I’ve ever seen or driven though.

Wow! I saw that headline online last night before bed. I live about 45 mins from the bridge, and drive over it a few times a year when headed South. It freaks me out a bit on a good day, so I cannot even imagine traversing that in heavy fog! While not uninjured, I am glad you were about to drive away and walk! I truly hope it’s just sore muscles and doesn’t affect your trip. 🙏 I agree with others to go get checked out just to make sure. The fog the past few days has been awful. I had to go out on Thursday and Friday evenings to shuttle the kids around and it was the worst I’ve ever seen or driven though.
I went to Urgent Care Walk-In first thing this morning as im still having pain in lower back and neck. They did x-rays and said there is some inflamation and probably some whiplash affects And having to stay seated in car for so long didn’t help. Dr gave me a shot and a prescription for a muscle relaxer. He also gave me something for pain but I am just using Tylenol and Aleve which was recommended because of its anti inflammation. Right now I’m still planning on leaving for Fla on Tuesday but did change flight to later in the day. If it was a longer flight I would probably consider canceling. I also have a brace for my neck if I want to use it. I won’t be doing any rides that move faster than a crawl…My car was mainly hit from side and back and I was pushed from behind into car in front. it was like being in a bumper car amusement park. I mentioned getting in hot tub but was told to wait a few days for that so as not to cause further inflammation. I’m using the cold back wrap now. Ive spoken twice with insurance company and since accident was weather related and special circumstances (not a lot or room to avoid other cars on a bridg.) it was pretty confusing trying to get insurance info from anyone since it was too dangerous to get out of your car while still on bridge. I was given a form with accident info, case number and contact info by police. I took photos of my car and the cars directly around me and the insurance guy told me he also saw plenty of photos of the mess on line as well.

I went to Urgent Care Walk-In first thing this morning as im still having pain in lower back and neck. They did x-rays and said there is some inflamation and probably some whiplash affects And having to stay seated in car for so long didn’t help. Dr gave me a shot and a prescription for a muscle relaxer. He also gave me something for pain but I am just using Tylenol and Aleve which was recommended because of its anti inflammation. Right now I’m still planning on leaving for Fla on Tuesday but did change flight to later in the day. If it was a longer flight I would probably consider canceling. I also have a brace for my neck if I want to use it. I won’t be doing any rides that move faster than a crawl…My car was mainly hit from side and back and I was pushed from behind into car in front. it was like being in a bumper car amusement park. I mentioned getting in hot tub but was told to wait a few days for that so as not to cause further inflammation. I’m using the cold back wrap now. Ive spoken twice with insurance company and since accident was weather related and special circumstances (not a lot or room to avoid other cars on a bridg.) it was pretty confusing trying to get insurance info from anyone since it was too dangerous to get out of your car while still on bridge. I was given a form with accident info, case number and contact info by police. I took photos of my car and the cars directly around me and the insurance guy told me he also saw plenty of photos of the mess on line as well.

So glad you went and got checked. Always better safe than sorry. Insurance is always a mess when having to deal with them. Hopefully they will take care of things without any fuss.

IMG_5660.jpg

I made these little tip pouches today. There is a little pocket on the fronts (you can kind of see it on the minnie one) so I can slip cash in them for random tips. If we decide to leave a cash tip at our table service meals I can slip it in one of these. I have a white pen I can write a little note on it with. I'm not sure how many time we get mousekeeping since we rented DVC points but will use them for those tips as well. I made 8 of each design so I have plenty.

So glad you went and got checked. Always better safe than sorry. Insurance is always a mess when having to deal with them. Hopefully they will take care of things without any fuss.
as soon as I called and told them where I was they told me not to worry, asked if I needed a rental car, and said everything would be ok With the car just take care of myself. The accident was all over the news so they actually knew about it already. I hate driving over that bridge on a nice day. I will never drive it again in bad weather too many people have no sense and drive too fast when weather is bad. you have no control over the cars around you no matter how safely you drive.

3 weeks from tomorrow!

Mine is one week from tomorrow (Tuesday). I am so ready for this break. It's actually forecasted for us to possibly get more snow while we are gone. We live in North Alabama and thats crazy fro us to get snow twice within a month of each other. But if it does snow and closes the airport we are flying from (which is 2 hours south of us so hopefully it won't) then at least we would be stranded in Florida HaHa.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter