***Official February 2017 Thread***

Just booked my solo trip for February!! I will be going 2/2-2/7 and staying at the Beach Club! :cool1:

We just got back from a wonderful Labor Day week and I have been hoping to take a solo trip before our September 2017 trip next year. 140 days! I never go in February, so I'll be looking for any info on crowds, weather and if park hours change as it gets closer to Feb.

So I have been checking on flights every couple weeks just to see what prices were doing. My DH and I own a small business, so we have a decent amount of Southwest Rapid Rewards points saved up. I knew we would have enough for flights, no matter if I found a decent deal or not, but just kept waiting. Logged on today to see non stop flights for $109 to Orlando and $99 back to Kansas City. Of course I jumped all over that!! Flights booked at decent times, non stop both ways for under 25,000 points. I'm pretty darn happy with that!!

Now the only problem is, I have nothing to do until its time to make FP reservations! Seems like vacation time may never get here!!

We will be at POR 2-8 through 2-13 and then at the Contemporary from 2-17 through 2-19 (with a cruise in the middle). I am so excited!!! One of my Facebook memories was me posting our countdown a year ago today...way into the 500's now we are at less than 5 months!!!

Just booked my solo trip for February!! I will be going 2/2-2/7 and staying at the Beach Club! :cool1:

We just got back from a wonderful Labor Day week and I have been hoping to take a solo trip before our September 2017 trip next year. 140 days! I never go in February, so I'll be looking for any info on crowds, weather and if park hours change as it gets closer to Feb.

I love Beach Club! So pretty and AWESOME location. And solo trips rock!

I traveled in February 2012, 2013, 2014, about the 2nd week of the month, getting out before the Presidents Day weekend. I always thought crowds were good, even 2013 when I was there for Mardi Gras. In three yearly trips, I had two freezing cold but sunny mornings in 2012, and two days in 2014 that dripped rain off and on, but far and away most days were beautiful with the predicted average lows in the 50s and highs in the 70s. For me, the only negatives about February are the risk of bad travel weather and the likelihood of Splash Mountain being closed.

I love Beach Club! So pretty and AWESOME location. And solo trips rock!

I traveled in February 2012, 2013, 2014, about the 2nd week of the month, getting out before the Presidents Day weekend. I always thought crowds were good, even 2013 when I was there for Mardi Gras. In three yearly trips, I had two freezing cold but sunny mornings in 2012, and two days in 2014 that dripped rain off and on, but far and away most days were beautiful with the predicted average lows in the 50s and highs in the 70s. For me, the only negatives about February are the risk of bad travel weather and the likelihood of Splash Mountain being closed.
Awesome! Thanks for the info! I know what you mean about the risk of bad travel weather. We flew into MCO on 9/3 and Hurricane Hermine just left Florida the day before, so we really lucked out.. but it made the few days before the trip very stressful, following its track and all and that wasn't fun but it ended up being nothing and we had a great trip and no delays getting there. Just hoping I won't have to worry about snow here in NJ, and I can get there just fine. I know park hours get extended closer to the month, but is this the case for Feb as well? I am seeing early closings right now, which would be a bummer! And we missed BTMR this past trip, with it being closed for refurb, so I guess I can deal with Splash being closed as long as BTMR is open!

Thanks for the info!! Getting more excited by the day!

Oh the resort drama!! Between discounts not being out and the pool at OKW closed during our stay *panic* it looks like I'm about to book a great deal at the Contemporary (through a TA so I can't go into more details)!

All you who have been to DisneyWorld on Valentine's Day (or week).... What recommendations do you have for seeing the Princes along with their princesses? Which parks do they appear in? Are they out before or after the 14th? Any special info would be appreciated greatly. We have park hoppers and are not afraid to use them! lol.. Thanks in advance

Oh the resort drama!! Between discounts not being out and the pool at OKW closed during our stay *panic* it looks like I'm about to book a great deal at the Contemporary (through a TA so I can't go into more details)!
Yay Contemporary! My favorite Disney resort! (Ok, truth be told, it's the ONLY Disney resort I've ever stayed at. But still... my favorite one!)

I'm resisting the urge to post my countdown on here. Every. Single. Day. I have it on my desk calendar at work, as well as a countdown on my phone. And I'm constantly reminding my wife of how many days are left until we depart. A little over 19 weeks, and we'll be hitting the road!

All you who have been to DisneyWorld on Valentine's Day (or week).... What recommendations do you have for seeing the Princes along with their princesses? Which parks do they appear in? Are they out before or after the 14th? Any special info would be appreciated greatly. We have park hoppers and are not afraid to use them! lol.. Thanks in advance
Our last day is Valentine's Day, and I'd love to hear which park would be the best for finding the Princes too!

I'm resisting the urge to post my countdown on here. Every. Single. Day. I have it on my desk calendar at work, as well as a countdown on my phone. And I'm constantly reminding my wife of how many days are left until we depart. A little over 19 weeks, and we'll be hitting the road!

Post away :)

Saving this post for Roll Call! Tell us your dates and/or resort and we'll add you to the list!
***Updated September 10**

MamaMaleficent2016 Jan 29- Feb 3 Poly, Feb 3-10 BCV IG: ms.maleficent
karly05 POFQ Feb 4-11
Canooknic POR Feb 4-18
thksphoenicians OKW Feb 25-Mar 4
Elevationist ASM Feb 20-25
Sandy Mouse Pop Feb 4-12
AChameleon CBR Feb 25- Mar 1
MuttonJeff AKL Jan 24-Feb 7
amberdc1987 POP Feb 25- Mar 4
cyndiella POP Feb 12-16
GirlOutlaw AoA Feb 12-25
Dreamport POP Feb 26 - Mar 4
Mouselovejess ??? Feb 10-17
Michelle82 POP Feb 25-Mar 6
atir2002 POP Feb 25- Mar 4
AaronInWI BLT Feb 7-13
jgeib CBR Jan 29- Feb 6
hodad Offsite Feb 20- 28
babiipiggiex3 Offsite Feb 16- 25
cmarsh31 BVC & OKW Feb 18- 26
6travel AoA Jan 29- Feb 4
judypriv MAYBE!
jpeden BLT Feb 12-17
awaydrink POR Feb 2- Feb 8
Disneycolada Feb 26- Mar 8 AKL, SoG, BCV
Arkland Feb 15-20 CBR
beck00 Feb 25-Mar 2 CSR
3mscott Feb 1 - Feb 9 POR
sagamba Feb 18 - Feb 25 POFQ
Sherrkel CBR Feb 24- Mar 8
KSellers88 POP Feb 24 - Mar 2
Smokey Feb 11-19
lizzilou BWV Feb 4-9
Sweet Pea Reed CBR Feb 10-18
melliemelo Feb 25- Mar 4 Offsite
wvgoofyfan Jan 30- Feb 5th

February 27 - March 3/ CBR

Our first (and maybe only?) trip to Disney is 2/4-2/12. We're staying at Poly - 2 adults and 3 boys (10, 7, and 5 at time of trip).

Hotel is booked (DVC rental), flights booked, and I just bought the last of our park tickets. Dining plan is the only major thing left to book!

The kids have no idea we're going - it'll be part of their Christmas presents. We've been casually introducing WDW to them (because they/we knew almost nothing about WDW), and they are now obsessed with YouTube ride videos, so I think they'll be thrilled :)

Our first (and maybe only?) trip to Disney is 2/4-2/12. We're staying at Poly - 2 adults and 3 boys (10, 7, and 5 at time of trip).

Hotel is booked (DVC rental), flights booked, and I just bought the last of our park tickets. Dining plan is the only major thing left to book!

The kids have no idea we're going - it'll be part of their Christmas presents. We've been casually introducing WDW to them (because they/we knew almost nothing about WDW), and they are now obsessed with YouTube ride videos, so I think they'll be thrilled :)
A first trip for all??? Wow. So exciting. We'll be checking out of the Poly as you arrive. We'll leave it in good shape for you.
Feel free to ask questions on this board. Most of these folks are experienced Disney visitors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter