***Official DLR September & October 2022 Check-in Thread***

With checking periodically I was able to get some of the dining reservations I wanted. I have the World of Color Dessert party at 8:00 p.m. on 9/9, Carthay Circle Lounge at 3:30 on 9/11, Breakfast at the Plaza at 8:50 on 9/12 and also on 9/12 a late lunch 3:30 at the Blue Bayou. I keep checking for something on 9/10 for a late lunch or early dinner at CA on 9/10 , my Oogie Boogie Bash day but so far nothing there is nothing that interests me. I guess counter service meals will have to do.

We have had some change of plans. I have a BB Fantasmic reservation for two on Sunday 9/18 at 4:50 for the first show. Happy to try to arrange a coordinated release so someone else can maybe get a little pixie dust and snag it. I also have a trader Sam reservation for three on Wednesday 9/21 at 2:50 also up for grabs.

We have had some change of plans. I have a BB Fantasmic reservation for two on Sunday 9/18 at 4:50 for the first show. Happy to try to arrange a coordinated release so someone else can maybe get a little pixie dust and snag it. I also have a trader Sam reservation for three on Wednesday 9/21 at 2:50 also up for grabs.
I will be there 9/18 through 9/22 and would love to grab both of these. I know a lot of luck would be involved in getting it to work, but I'd love to try.

Hi everyone! Long time no write! :) I was a forum regular when trip planning for Florida a long time ago and now my wife just told me she want to celebrate her 50th B-day 10/25. I am wanting to go all out of course for this so I am rushing to plan. Is there any word on SoCal resident pricing for this timeframe or should I just buy tickets? I am also spurging with DLH for 10/23-25 and hopefully some suprises. I would welcome any suggestions from you all! Thanks for your help in making it special!

We are going with two Boys and myself and my wife. Her sister and daughter will be joining as well!

Bought our park tickets, so it's a go. DLR/DCA 9/15-9/20. First day is a no-park day - we'll do pool time at GCH, and finally see all of Downtown Disney since each past trip, we've planned a no-park day and always ended up just buying an extra day's ticket. With the new reservation system, can't do that.

Dining reservations....argh! All I wanted for sure was BB and Trader Sam's, and while I was able to get a BB (not a great time though), Trader Sam's was never available, at any time. I keep checking. Got a few other dining ones, but may cancel some before our trip, as we finalize when we'll be in which park (after 1pm of course, when the switch can happen).

Hi everyone! Long time no write! :) I was a forum regular when trip planning for Florida a long time ago and now my wife just told me she want to celebrate her 50th B-day 10/25. I am wanting to go all out of course for this so I am rushing to plan. Is there any word on SoCal resident pricing for this timeframe or should I just buy tickets? I am also spurging with DLH for 10/23-25 and hopefully some suprises. I would welcome any suggestions from you all! Thanks for your help in making it special!

We are going with two Boys and myself and my wife. Her sister and daughter will be joining as well!
When we celebrated my kids' birthdays we order a birthday cake at a character meal and they go all out. They did a parade up to our table with all the characters and sang and danced. I loved it and would recommend for anyone of any age that loves the characters.

Time is flying by right now. I have this moment this morning where I thought holy crap, it's August...I need to buy Halloween costumes!!! If I don't do it now I'll certainly run out of time. lol

I will be there 9/18 through 9/22 and would love to grab both of these. I know a lot of luck would be involved in getting it to work, but I'd love to try.
Really sorry my notification settings apparently didn’t work so I am just now seeing you replied. DM me if you’d like to give it a try! It worked for me when I originally got the Fantasmic reservation from another DISboard member :)

Really sorry my notification settings apparently didn’t work so I am just now seeing you replied. DM me if you’d like to give it a try! It worked for me when I originally got the Fantasmic reservation from another DISboard member :)
No worries! If i can figure out how to DM you, I definitely will.

*EDIT* -I guess i need 10 posts before i can DM.

No worries! If i can figure out how to DM you, I definitely will.

*EDIT* -I guess i need 10 posts before i can DM.
Well that’s a bummer. I tried DMing you but no luck on my end either. I am in Mountain time zone. We can coordinate a day and time that I can release the reservations so you’re on and refreshing to try and snag them. Let me know if you’d like to do that or wait til you can get ten posts :)

I’ve never been to the DL during Halloween time before and I’m excited to see all the decorations. We are not doing OBB while we are there and I just found out that they decorate Redwood Creek Trail for a villains grove thing. Does this mean it is closed for regular park day and only available for OBB? I like that area to let my young kids run around and get out some energy. But I’m wondering if that will still be the case for my September trip with villains grove set up?

I’ve never been to the DL during Halloween time before and I’m excited to see all the decorations. We are not doing OBB while we are there and I just found out that they decorate Redwood Creek Trail for a villains grove thing. Does this mean it is closed for regular park day and only available for OBB? I like that area to let my young kids run around and get out some energy. But I’m wondering if that will still be the case for my September trip with villains grove set up?
It will close at 4:30 PM for set up. You probably don’t want to be in DCA after 3:00 PM on OBB days if you’re not going to the party, because it gets very busy.

I’m anxiously waiting for all the Halloween merch to drop (which should be soon I think with the first WDW party this week?). But I’m most excited for the foodie guide! I’m sure we have a few weeks until that drops though.

On top of all the Halloween info I’m hoping more D23 info comes out soon. I want to finish all my planning but Disney isn’t making it very easy!

Welp, my Believe Key expires on my birthday, 9/13, so I figured I’d better squeeze one more trip in while I can. DD27 and DSIL27 live in LA, so my excuse is always that I’m going to fly down from Seattle to visit them… but I spend a few days at DLR first, then hang with them on the weekend.

I’ll be there Wednesday 9/7- Friday 9/9, staying at the Tropicana. (DI&S and BWPPI were booked, probably because of D23?). DH and my younger 2 DDs don’t feel ready for another trip yet, so I’ll be solo to start, but DD27 hasn’t joined me for over a year, so she’s coming down Thursday afternoon and Friday to join in. 😍

This was a late decision, so I missed my window for dining. But I managed to snag WOC dessert party, the second show, for Fri night. It’d be nice to get F! for Thursday, but we’ll see. The dining alert app named Mouse is already set up for a few possibilities. DD and I have loved sitting at the bar in Napa Rose, chatting with Joe and the other bartenders, and having dinner; hoping we can do that again.

Welp, my Believe Key expires on my birthday, 9/13, so I figured I’d better squeeze one more trip in while I can. DD27 and DSIL27 live in LA, so my excuse is always that I’m going to fly down from Seattle to visit them… but I spend a few days at DLR first, then hang with them on the weekend.

I’ll be there Wednesday 9/7- Friday 9/9, staying at the Tropicana. (DI&S and BWPPI were booked, probably because of D23?). DH and my younger 2 DDs don’t feel ready for another trip yet, so I’ll be solo to start, but DD27 hasn’t joined me for over a year, so she’s coming down Thursday afternoon and Friday to join in. 😍

This was a late decision, so I missed my window for dining. But I managed to snag WOC dessert party, the second show, for Fri night. It’d be nice to get F! for Thursday, but we’ll see. The dining alert app named Mouse is already set up for a few possibilities. DD and I have loved sitting at the bar in Napa Rose, chatting with Joe and the other bartenders, and having dinner; hoping we can do that again.

I don't believe Fantasmic is held on Thursday in September only Friday, Saturday and Sunday. At least that is all that is listed on the Disneyland website

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter