• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official DLR September & October 2022 Check-in Thread***

Thank you for starting this thread! We'll be attending D23 Expo for the first time! Patiently awaiting the discounted park ticket window opening next week for attendees. Currently holding reservations 9/10-9/13 at Portofino and Hyatt House, so obviously I'll drop one of those at some point. And anxiously awaiting OBB info release along with the rest of you!

We are going 10/5 - 10/11, our school district is not open for the Wed, Mon, Tues during that time so seemed like a perfect time to get to OBB!

I wish there was a way to see MSEP too in the same trip, that would be awesome!

We are going 10/5 - 10/11, our school district is not open for the Wed, Mon, Tues during that time so seemed like a perfect time to get to OBB!

I wish there was a way to see MSEP too in the same trip, that would be awesome!
There are a lot of schools out that week, so expect crowds.

No word yet on whether MSEP will continue after summer, but even if it doesn't there should be some kind of parade happening!

Just booked this past weekend the hotel/ticket bundle! 9/17 - 9/24, Sheraton park hotel. Sounds like it should be renovated by the time we go which should be nice! Excited to hit up Halloweentime at the resort (although sad I will once again miss regular Haunted Mansion as I haven’t been to that version in many many years now) and we are going to try and do OBB, never done it before :)

Sept. 19-23 at GCH! Can’t wait! Tell me how you guys are doing the parks on the OOB party days? I want to attend one, but how are you determining your start park based on the parties? I’m there Tuesday, Wedsnesday, Thursday. Assuming OOB is Tuesday and Thursday, I’m trying to figure out which park to start at each day. Curious what others are doing!

Sept. 19-23 at GCH! Can’t wait! Tell me how you guys are doing the parks on the OOB party days? I want to attend one, but how are you determining your start park based on the parties? I’m there Tuesday, Wedsnesday, Thursday. Assuming OOB is Tuesday and Thursday, I’m trying to figure out which park to start at each day. Curious what others are doing!

I'm struggling to plan park days without knowing what the deal is with early entry tbh.

My family unanimously agreed they want to start our trip in Disneyland as it's the most iconic of the two parks. Then we are just going to alternate parks each day. We have park hopper tix so we can basically just go with the flow. I'm hoping to get OBB tix on a Tuesday night which falls on a DL day. But I'm thinking we would do DL in the morning, take a break while the mix in is going on - probably eat, change into costumes, etc. Then go into DCA just before OBB starts.

Of course this plan could all go to hell once actual OBB dates come out. lol

My family unanimously agreed they want to start our trip in Disneyland as it's the most iconic of the two parks. Then we are just going to alternate parks each day. We have park hopper tix so we can basically just go with the flow. I'm hoping to get OBB tix on a Tuesday night which falls on a DL day. But I'm thinking we would do DL in the morning, take a break while the mix in is going on - probably eat, change into costumes, etc. Then go into DCA just before OBB starts.

Of course this plan could all go to hell once actual OBB dates come out. lol
This is similar to my plan as well. Start in DL. Alternate. Maybe there will be EMH on the same days as before? The 1pm park hopper has me feeling mentally restricted. But realistically, in the past, i probably didn’t park hop until 1pm anyway! 😆

I tried to include the quote from Jenergy but it won't work. :badpc:

Anyway, I'd be careful with the characters visiting with your one year old. We took our daughter at 18 months to Disneyland and when we were eating at the DLH she had an absolute meltdown when she saw Mickey across the courtyard. She kept screaming "No Mickey! No Mickey!".
I'd start with showing him a character across the room before having Mickey suddenly show up at your table. Either way, it's going to be magical!

Anxious to reserve our parks for our 1st ever trip to DLR 5 day Hoppers.
I've been frequently/obsessively checking.
This morning 5/15...
The Disneyland App only shows selections up to Sept 6th.
The Disneyland Web site on my laptop shows selections up to Sept 10th.
The Disneyland web site on my cell phone browser shows selections up to Sept 11th.
What's up with that Disneyland?
The WDW planning crowd would be absolutely up in arms over this lack of precision in planning resources.
😅🤣😂

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter