***Official DLR October 2021 Check-in Thread***

October 1 dining opened today. Was anybody able to book anything? There is zero availability at any time for that day. Usually there is SOMETHING available even if it’s just DTD.

I looked too and didn't see anything. Our first day opens up tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath that I'll be able to make reservations.

personally I think restrictions will increase but I don’t think things will shut down again. But that’s another worry

I agree with you. I can't see how they would close again after already being closed over a year. But I can see them requiring face masks full time again or mayyyyybe proof of vaccination if things get dire with the delta variant ??? It's all kind of just "wait and see" at this point :confused3

OK so, I'm in the window for dining reservations as of today; I went to try to get something for Oct. 4 dinner, and the system A) has just seemingly opened up for the entire month??? whereas yesterday it was only open for 10/3, thus my expectation that I could reserve for 10/4 today, and B) shows NO availability for dinner, at all, for 10/4 and an error message for any later date. GRRRRRRRRRRR 😖 Anybody else having any luck, or have any tips to share? (and yes, I'll head over to the dining reservations thread now, just thought I'd ask you guys, my October people!)

OK so, I'm in the window for dining reservations as of today; I went to try to get something for Oct. 4 dinner, and the system A) has just seemingly opened up for the entire month??? whereas yesterday it was only open for 10/3, thus my expectation that I could reserve for 10/4 today, and B) shows NO availability for dinner, at all, for 10/4 and an error message for any later date. GRRRRRRRRRRR 😖 Anybody else having any luck, or have any tips to share? (and yes, I'll head over to the dining reservations thread now, just thought I'd ask you guys, my October people!)

Hey fellow October person... guess I get to start to stress out about this stuff now!

It appears the whole month thing may have been a glitch because now it's just showing out to the 4th... still really slim pickings for reservations. I wonder if not everything is loaded still... I'm just shocked that mainly DTD stuff is showing and maybe two or three places in park at most! Are reservations really disappearing within minutes of them being loaded? Or is Disney seriously having issues locking down a schedule that far in advance? I'm hoping things will improve drastically as we get closer to the September reduction of unemployment boost payments. I'm not suggesting that the reduction is good or bad, I'm just pointing out it'll likely have a major effect on things.

It's been my experience that the DTD restaurants sometimes show up first, followed by the parks. At least the ones I've been checking, but that hasn't been consistent. I haven't seen any reservations available past 10/2 in the parks; both 10/1 and 10/2 reservations became available at 2 AM Pacific time this morning (8/5), so hopefully 10/3, 10/4 and 10/5 will drop soon.

With the announcement of Carnation Cafe opening in mid-September, now I get to hunt for reservations with y'all soon! Not waking up at 2am for it though ...

Add my family to the list. Oct 11 - Oct 15 at Best Western Park Place Inn. Free breakfast and short walk! Yeah, baby!

Has anyone been able to snag Oga's for any October dates? It's the only one I haven't seen pop up yet.

My family and I are drastically needing a Disney fix so we will be there Oct. 2-6 with park days on the 3rd through the 5th. Doing OBB on the 3rd. This will be our first trip to DL having been to WDW 4 times previously.

Finally got our first piece of the puzzle booked! Visit scheduled 10/15-19. One night booked at VGC - continual stalking paid off! Fingers crossed for another night as we have expiring points to burn. Otherwise will be at the new Westin the remainder of the trip.
Not our first rodeo at DL but first since Galaxy's Edge and Avengers Campus opened. Looking forward to getting a Disney fix.

Welcome to the thread! I've updated the first page with everyone.

We should be hearing about fall menus soon and I saw some pretty cute merchandise for Halloween on shopDisney.

Has everyone been getting dining reservations? I struggled with mine and am still waiting for DTD restaurants to open October 3rd and beyond.

Welcome to the thread! I've updated the first page with everyone.

We should be hearing about fall menus soon and I saw some pretty cute merchandise for Halloween on shopDisney.

Has everyone been getting dining reservations? I struggled with mine and am still waiting for DTD restaurants to open October 3rd and beyond.

I'm waiting for DTD restaurants, too. I was able to book the character breakfasts at the Grand Californian and Plaza Inn - I'll cancel one of them as it gets closer but I'm still trying to decide which one we want. Plus, we'd like to try Goofy's Kitchen so I'm waiting to see if they release those dates. I was also able to book Cafe Orleans for one of our days in Disneyland. I'd like to book the Lamplight Lounge for brunch because I've heard great things about it, but it doesn't look like they've released dates for our time period. Last but not least, I really really really want Blue Bayou but I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I probably won't get reservations. I check several times a day and nothing.

We are going October 6-10th, Paradise Pier. After canceling three times last year and ending up at WDW, we're excited to get back to DL!

There are only two that I want and neither have opened for my dates (I think), Carnation & Trader Sam's on 10/8 & 10/9.
The sites that will send you notifications when your desired time & date come available have worked great for my September trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter