**Official DLR November 2022 check in thread **

We fly down on the 13th and it's coming up fast! We will catch the tail end of the Veteran's Day weekend but there is SO MUCH holiday entertainment in the parks that I think we have no trouble finding accessible things to do. Hoping that the T/W/Th crowds will be much lower.

Biting fingernails over our Fantasmic reservation though. We arrive at SNA at 4:45 and have check in for Hungry Bear at 6:45. We are taking Lansky from the airport and our townhouse is just across the street from Mickey & Friends where we can catch the tram. Is it realistic to think we can make it on time?

We fly down on the 13th and it's coming up fast! We will catch the tail end of the Veteran's Day weekend but there is SO MUCH holiday entertainment in the parks that I think we have no trouble finding accessible things to do. Hoping that the T/W/Th crowds will be much lower.

Biting fingernails over our Fantasmic reservation though. We arrive at SNA at 4:45 and have check in for Hungry Bear at 6:45. We are taking Lansky from the airport and our townhouse is just across the street from Mickey & Friends where we can catch the tram. Is it realistic to think we can make it on time?

Are you checking bags?

Last time I flew into SNA it was like a 30 minute Uber ride to my hotel and that was in crazy Friday evening traffic so as long as your luggage gets unloaded quickly you should be fine!

Last time I flew into SNA it was like a 30 minute Uber ride to my hotel and that was in crazy Friday evening traffic so as long as your luggage gets unloaded quickly you should be fine!
Thank you! Keeping fingers crossed!

I am flying out tomorrow morning. Rain is in the forecast for Anaheim. I have never been when we had more than a light mist for an hour or so in the morning. Rain should be interesting and will see how it goes. Hope I am prepared.

Our magicband+ all arrived yesterday-whew! I’m still crabby about buying them when we have a bunch of other magicbands but have to admit it was exciting and made the trip feel more real.

I’ll be there this Saturday with my youngest DS6 for some 1:1 fun. Short story long - I have a MKey from a sister trip last year and was able to renew, we relocated ”home” to San Diego this August so have to buy single day tickets for my kids and hubby until MKeys come back for sale. Decided to do some 1:1 days with my boys to make it more manageable both financially and logistically. Took my middle in October and it was one of the best days ever.

We are doing DL only, with G+ and his priorities are: Haunted Mansion Holiday, Big Thunder and Winnie the Pooh. Be still my heart. His food request was for mickey waffles (have Carnation cafe breakfast booked) and a corn dog. This kids knows what’s what. ;)

Planning to catch the later Christmas parade (will take a “stimulus break in the GCH lobby mid day) but not sure if he will have the energy to stay for fireworks or Fantasmic (haven’t done standby fantasmic so iffy on this one.) Going to play it by ear and enjoy the slower touring pace with this child who notices all the details.

Our magicband+ all arrived yesterday-whew! I’m still crabby about buying them when we have a bunch of other magicbands but have to admit it was exciting and made the trip feel more real.

We are going on Tuesday! Super excited but we have 14 and I’m feeling the pressure to make sure everyone has a good time lol. My husband daughter and I only have one magic band from before so I’m super super excited to get ours for this trip. I wasn’t able to get them ahead of time so I guess the emporium will be our first stop!

We are going on Tuesday! Super excited but we have 14 and I’m feeling the pressure to make sure everyone has a good time lol. My husband daughter and I only have one magic band from before so I’m super super excited to get ours for this trip. I wasn’t able to get them ahead of time so I guess the emporium will be our first stop!
That’s a lot! I feel you-we have 8 and I’m feeling the pressure too.

DS14 and I fly down on Friday afternoon, and I woke up very early this morning not feeling so great. :scared: It could just be the weather change and all the rain we're (finally) getting, or the furnace kicking on and stirring up dust, or allergies...but of course I'm now worried that one or both of us will get sick. So I'm doing all of my "don't get sick" tricks from my years of teaching preschool and trying not to get anxious!
I packed last week (of course😜) and now the forecast for the weekend has shifted a few degrees cooler, so I'm debating changing up a few things. DS is rolling his eyes, but he'll probably pack Thursday night and discover that he needs something washed.

DS14 and I fly down on Friday afternoon, and I woke up very early this morning not feeling so great. :scared: It could just be the weather change and all the rain we're (finally) getting, or the furnace kicking on and stirring up dust, or allergies...but of course I'm now worried that one or both of us will get sick. So I'm doing all of my "don't get sick" tricks from my years of teaching preschool and trying not to get anxious!
I packed last week (of course😜) and now the forecast for the weekend has shifted a few degrees cooler, so I'm debating changing up a few things. DS is rolling his eyes, but he'll probably pack Thursday night and discover that he needs something washed.

Fly down Thurs morning and the forecast changes multiple times a day. I've never seen a forecast change so many times from 10 days out. I kept hoping it'd go up more but it just bounces between upper 60s and low 70s.

Fly down Thurs morning and the forecast changes multiple times a day. I've never seen a forecast change so many times from 10 days out. I kept hoping it'd go up more but it just bounces between upper 60s and low 70s.

I'm trying to keep us to one small suitcase, but with the forecast dropping I'm going to have to get creative in how to pack. I know I'll be too warm for a jacket during the afternoon, but we'll definitely want them for the WOC dessert party on Saturday.

Here now and it’s… weird… no lines for security or to enter but OMG lines for attractions are insane today! I don’t see the amount of people I have on past trips but wait times are out of control. We have G+ and tried to use it for Incredicoaster but the return line was out past the carousel. Makes 0 sense to me.

Arrived yesterday and it was wet but we had an amazing evening. Walked on multiple things and walked into Oga’s. I was hoping it was a good sign but obviously not.

Here now and it’s… weird… no lines for security or to enter but OMG lines for attractions are insane today! I don’t see the amount of people I have on past trips but wait times are out of control. We have G+ and tried to use it for Incredicoaster but the return line was out past the carousel. Makes 0 sense to me.

Arrived yesterday and it was wet but we had an amazing evening. Walked on multiple things and walked into Oga’s. I was hoping it was a good sign but obviously not.

Are you finding the wait times listed are accurate?

24 hours until we land in Long Beach! I convinced DS to pack last night to make sure he had enough clean pants. :rotfl: He's gotten super picky about what kind of pants he'll wear, which means he has exactly 6 pairs right now.
I'm not feeling 100% healthy but I've tested negative for C-19 and it doesn't have the same symptoms as that, so I decided to just cope. My symptoms are mild and mostly go away if I take ibuprofen, but due to my prescription meds I can't take that too often, so we'll see what happens. If nothing else I can sit and enjoy the decorations while DS goes on rides. The real bummer is that I don't have much appetite, and we were looking forward to eating our way through the parks. 😜 Really hoping this clears up tomorrow.

We leave in one sleep and 3 days! Now that it’s Friday evening and I’ve gotten all my work I need to have finished before the trip I’m so excited! We are getting to go with family we don’t go with very often and some new family members as well. We recently lost a family friend/acquaintance in a tragic way and it just makes me even more grateful for this time we get to have together. We have a few ADR’s but we could just stand on Main Street together and I’ll be happy. Life is so short <3

I’m also super excited to finally have a magic band in the land!

We’re here! Had dinner at Storyteller’s last night and wandered DTD. Decided to get MB+ and we’re glad we did. We have G+ and the MB are way easier than getting the phone out and swiping for each one.
We’re at Park Vue Inn and I like it. I will definitely put this on my list for future trips. The only mark against it so far is only one sink, but with just two of us that’s not a big deal.
We rope dropped this morning and started with RotR. Had about an hour wait because we got caught in a crowd and couldn’t get through to go faster, but oh well. After that we did HM using G+, then Splash (20m standby), then Matterhorn w G+. After that we rode Mr. Toad in memory of my mom (her favorite ride and today would have been her 74th birthday). We’re at Blue Bayou now for lunch and got a waterside table! DS is trying valiantly to conquer the monte cristo sandwich but I think it’s too much for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter