**Official DLR November 2022 check in thread **

I’m so torn! I want to buy a magic band+, but I don’t know when my next trip will be. Uggg decisions….

DS and I really loved having magic bands at WDW, so we've been debating if we should buy the MB+ for DLR. I think I would do it if I knew for sure that some of the additional functionality would eventually be added at DLR - like being able to pay for things with it, or automatically getting ride photos added. I loved not having to fumble with my phone when tagging in for LL, and it was so nice to tap the MB to pay for things instead of digging in my backpack for my wallet. I really don't care about it glowing with WOC or fireworks, and I'm not likely to play the bounty hunter game in GE (although DS might).
So we'll see. We get in on Friday afternoon and our first park day is Saturday, so we'll look and see if we spot any MB+ designs we like and decide then. I figure we'll be back and can reuse them on future trips, but I'm sort of torn if it's worth the investment without having all the features it had at WDW.

We are exactly three weeks away and I’m having such mixed feelings about this trip :(

All the posts about negative experiences lately have me feeling not so excited. I’m hoping after Halloween but before the official Christmas season things won’t be as crazy as they have been recently.

Bright side, we have 3 1/2 days so can take it slow and this is our last hurrah with our Magic Keys so I didn’t have to buy tickets….

I’m also on the fence about buying Magic Bands, I know my son will want to do the Bounty Hunter thing so we probably will and hope there’s more functionality added later.

For our November Peeps: Where’s everyone in countdown? We hit 28 today
31 days for us!

We are exactly three weeks away and I’m having such mixed feelings about this trip :(

All the posts about negative experiences lately have me feeling not so excited. I’m hoping after Halloween but before the official Christmas season things won’t be as crazy as they have been recently.

Bright side, we have 3 1/2 days so can take it slow and this is our last hurrah with our Magic Keys so I didn’t have to buy tickets….

I’m also on the fence about buying Magic Bands, I know my son will want to do the Bounty Hunter thing so we probably will and hope there’s more functionality added later.
I can empathize. Disney trips have been such a huge part of our lives. After a truly terrible year, DH and I were excited to plan this trip. We've splurged on so many treats, and I do  hope it will be a magical trip, but for the very first time, I'm scared it will be less than that.

There is just so much negative feedback . . . I'm trying to focus on the good, but the "magic-is-gone" talk wears me down sometimes.

I've been a little concerned about all the negative trip reports lately, too. We're going the first weekend of the Festival of the Holidays and I know it's going to be crowded and crazy, so I'm trying to set my expectations accordingly. DS and I have discussed how packed it's likely to be, so we decided to just pick a few rides that we "must do" and focus on those, and keep our attitude adjusted to "I'm just happy to be here". Fortunately we're both pretty good at being patient and waiting, and I think if we go into the weekend with the mindset that it's going to be crowded and there will be long waits for everything, then hopefully we'll be able to enjoy it more.

And as a bonus, our good friend decided he wants to celebrate his 60th birthday in April with a trip to DLR on his birthday weekend, and he's been inviting everyone who can join him to come along. DH is rolling his eyes over yet another DLR trip being planned (I did DLR for my 50th 1/22, then WDW 6/22, now DLR 11/22, and looking to go again 4/23). But looks like we've got DS, myself, and another 5 or 6 friends who are all able to go so we're starting to book hotels and tickets. It's always fun to have another Disney trip on the horizon!

It's almost October. Pretty soon we can say "I'm going to Disneyland next month!" 🥳

What's everyone's first must dos? Or just main things you are excited for/looking forward to?

As an aside, our arrival day will be a park day, entering about 12 or 1pm. I'm picking DL as the entering park (we have hoppers), but does anyone know if you can go straight to DCA (in this example) as our starting park if we enter at or after 1pm?

So to answer my question, if we enter DCA as our starting park, my first must do is getting on IC or GotG standby (depends on wait times) as I book whatever LL looks good. For DL, it's Pirates!
You have to check into your "reserved" park first, then you can hop. Even if it is after 1pm when you arrive and you have a PH ticket, you have to check into your reserved park first. People have reported getting flagged if you check into both parks within a very short time on the same ticket (maybe it looks like fraud, two people trying to use one ticket), so I suggest scanning into DL, browse, take a photopass in front of the castle, get a churro (you choose!) and then hop over to DCA. Lines will be a bit shorter if you hop at 1:30pm than right at 1pm anyway. If you want to go straight to DCA upon arrival, why not just change your starting park to DCA for that day (if available reservations)?

Got a trip 11/3-11/10. My family has been many times but we're bringing our neighbors and their daughter this time. Hoping the October crowds have calmed down by the time we're there!

This is the first time we've been since 2018 so lots of new "features" to learn. I don't think I've ever gone into a DLR trip this confused lol.

Got a trip 11/3-11/10. My family has been many times but we're bringing our neighbors and their daughter this time. Hoping the October crowds have calmed down by the time we're there!

This is the first time we've been since 2018 so lots of new "features" to learn. I don't think I've ever gone into a DLR trip this confused lol.
I’ll be honest, the first time I was back I was shocked at the increase cost for food. (I went over spring break) I used to budget 50-60 per person per day, but now I’m thinking 65-75 is more prudent.

16 days out and I have a pinched nerve in my neck/shoulder that is making my life a misery. Fortunately my doctor is on it and we're working to get things back to normal, but it could take a month before it's all better. Not sure how this will affect our trip, but it might mean I have to skip all the roller coasters and anything else that would jostle my head around. DS says he doesn't mind riding alone, but I'm hoping things will be realigned by then and I can join him on rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter