**Official DLR November 2022 check in thread **

Nov 5-11 for just me & my husband to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. Took a family trip with our kids in January but this one is just for the two of us to celebrate. Have a couple restaurants in mind to try to get, but mainly concentrating on Food & Wine plans!!

Nov 5-11 for just me & my husband to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. Took a family trip with our kids in January but this one is just for the two of us to celebrate. Have a couple restaurants in mind to try to get, but mainly concentrating on Food & Wine plans!!
Sounds amazing but are you going to WDW or DIsneyland? If the latter I’ve completely missed food and wine news!

Any of the early November folks secure dining reservations yet? I told myself that I was going to limit our reservations to have a more freestyle trip, but apparently I can't help myself and I snagged Carthay Circle Lounge for our first day. Does anyone know if you can request to sit in the inside lounge instead of the outdoor alfresco seating? I like people watching, but Carthay is too beautiful (even the lounge area)!

Tomorrow I'm hoping for Lamplight, and then Blue Bayou the next day (aiming for 11am/first seating). I guess my no reservations plan isn't going to happen 😆

Joining in here, a FL native and WDW veteran, for my very first DL trip!!! We will be there 11/11-11/15, at the Disneyland Hotel. I live in the west now and CA airfare is cheaper, an hour shorter of a trip, and we do not have a week to give this trip but it had to be Disney! So Disneyland checks all the boxes. I am so excited for all the differences and similarities- I cant wait to see Mr Toad again, and the holiday overlays at Small World and Haunted Mansion! I am here for all the tips and shared excitement!

Any of the early November folks secure dining reservations yet? I told myself that I was going to limit our reservations to have a more freestyle trip, but apparently I can't help myself and I snagged Carthay Circle Lounge for our first day. Does anyone know if you can request to sit in the inside lounge instead of the outdoor alfresco seating? I like people watching, but Carthay is too beautiful (even the lounge area)!

Tomorrow I'm hoping for Lamplight, and then Blue Bayou the next day (aiming for 11am/first seating). I guess my no reservations plan isn't going to happen 😆
I get to book tomorrow! We decided to only do Blue Bayou (not the fantasmic package). I did a test run this morning and there were still lots of times available at 6:30am, so I’m hopeful all will go well. I would actually prefer to not do BB the first day of our trip (Nov. 3), but I’m going to book it in case I can’t get a time any other day.

Just booked DLH 11/11-11/13. Will be in parks 11/11-11/12. We’re so excited it will be our first time in the parks for holiday decor. We usually go in spring or summer. We were just there end of July.

Managed to snag Blue Bayou lunch and Trader Sams. The Trader Sams went fast. Clicked on a 3:55 time and it was gone as soon as I clicked. I ended up with 1pm instead which I think was the last time available right at 6 am.

When do they usually update the hours and add the nighttime entertainment to the calendar? I saw right now it only goes out till the end of October. I am only there on a Wed/Thurs and really hoping to see WoC.

I love these threads. So fun to see the group of DISers who are going when we are!

DH and I will be at GCH from Nov. 18-23.

This is our first trip to DLR since October 2018, and our first-ever stay at the GCH. We've spent a lot of time in WDW the past six or so years, but we're so excited to return to DL. 🤗

Joining in here, a FL native and WDW veteran, for my very first DL trip!!! We will be there 11/11-11/15, at the Disneyland Hotel. I live in the west now and CA airfare is cheaper, an hour shorter of a trip, and we do not have a week to give this trip but it had to be Disney! So Disneyland checks all the boxes. I am so excited for all the differences and similarities- I cant wait to see Mr Toad again, and the holiday overlays at Small World and Haunted Mansion! I am here for all the tips and shared excitement!

I’m so excited for you for a first DL trip! I’m biased, but DL is my favorite park and I think you’ll have a wonderful time. And it’s sooo much easier than WDW.

So far I've managed to get a dinner at Storytellers for our arrival evening and BB for lunch on our DL day. The only other "must do" on our list is WOC dessert party (DS loved it when we did this with friends when he was 8), but so far it doesn't seem to be listed for our dates yet. I'll keep stalking this one.

November 3 - 8 here. Staying at GCH. First time visiting "the Land", although we're WDW veterans.

Our twins were supposed to celebrate their Sweet 16 with a WDW / Keys to the Kingdom / Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser trip but stoopid covid!

In fact, pre-pandemic I was a TA with many DWD clients, so I knew it like the back of my hand. Now? I feel like a total novice with all things Disney considering all the changes. My only consolation is DL seems so much more laid back than WDW so we're not panicking.

It was last minute, but we decided late July do Disney for their 18th!! WDW was too crazy to book last minute, especially considering "Jersey Week" makes things over-the-top insane so ... California! Here we come!

I was able to get Storytellers for their birthday morning (Twin A has drawn the line at ONE character meal for the trip LOL - witch!)

I have Napa Rose booked for Dinner that night, but I just don't think they'll enjoy it so I'm kinda stuck because there doesn't seem to be anything else special AND available for November 4th. *le sigh*

November 3 - 8 here. Staying at GCH. First time visiting "the Land", although we're WDW veterans.

Our twins were supposed to celebrate their Sweet 16 with a WDW / Keys to the Kingdom / Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser trip but stoopid covid!

In fact, pre-pandemic I was a TA with many DWD clients, so I knew it like the back of my hand. Now? I feel like a total novice with all things Disney considering all the changes. My only consolation is DL seems so much more laid back than WDW so we're not panicking.

It was last minute, but we decided late July do Disney for their 18th!! WDW was too crazy to book last minute, especially considering "Jersey Week" makes things over-the-top insane so ... California! Here we come!

I was able to get Storytellers for their birthday morning (Twin A has drawn the line at ONE character meal for the trip LOL - witch!)

I have Napa Rose booked for Dinner that night, but I just don't think they'll enjoy it so I'm kinda stuck because there doesn't seem to be anything else special AND available for November 4th. *le sigh*
That sounds wonderful-what a fab way to celebrate and I think you’ll love DL. My kids actually enjoyed Napa Rose in 2018-they would’ve been 8 and 12.

Into my 60 days now and haven’t booked anything yet. Decided our first day to just do CS-we won’t be there a full day and I think playing it by ear will be fine-eg Cozy Cones, etc. we will also be having grocery order delivered that day and will make sure to get snacks and wine plus making for a few easy meals. I’m now 60 days out from day 2-trying to decide what to do. I think our splurge on this trip will be a WOC dessert party-might try for that tomorrow. Might do the hungry bear or river e bell Fantasmic package.

And right after I posted that, I grabbed Riverbell for lunch on our second day-for a party of 6-just need to figure out how to do a separate reservation for a party of two. Plan to do the Fantasmic package upgrade when we get there.

When I first booked our trip I was planning on mostly doing QS with just a couple special things for DS' birthday celebration. But since I was put on a low sodium diet, I realized that the only way to get a "good" low sodium meal would be to eat TS where they can do a little bit more modifications. So I've got one TS booked each day, and then I can make do with fruit and salads the rest of the time. I'm still expecting that I'll be over my usual daily sodium limit, but hopefully this will make it a little better.
But I'm still sad that I can't eat some of my old favorites! DS helpfully volunteered to sample them all for me - nothing like a soon to be 15 year old to eat all the things....:rolleyes:
:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter