• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official DLR November 2021 Check-in Thread***

And remember it will get dark earlier so it won’t be hot all day long like in the summer.
Esp because of the time change this coming Sunday morning. I just looked up "sunset time" for Nov 11th (our first day in the parks) and it will be 4:51pm.

Our high yesterday was around 75. It was glorious. As soon as the sun started to set we were all soooooo cold! Kids went on splash around 4 and got soaked. They had to go back to the hotel to change. We were at springhill suites and hubby took them (10 and 8) and they were back in exactly one hour. Walk was great-I was worried it would feel a bit far.

Esp because of the time change this coming Sunday morning. I just looked up "sunset time" for Nov 11th (our first day in the parks) and it will be 4:51pm.

We find this to be the best of both worlds:

Fun in the sun including water rides and the pool, then a change into nighttime clothes and enjoy the sights and sounds of Christmas…perfect for us!

Plaza Inn packages showed up today. I was looking at the 15th and there it was!
Thank you, I got one for the 19th... I wonder how they will set up the viewing area? I thought I would get one towards the end of the trip so we could see how it is set up beforehand.

Plaza Inn packages showed up today. I was looking at the 15th and there it was!
Dang, I can't find it. Like I can't even see evening reservations at all for Plaza. Well I was going with if I get them I get them but if I don't I don't since I would want to book opening night I knew it would be hard.

Wow! It looks next weekend is going to be a hot one for the official Christmas season kick-off. High 80s for mid November seems a little crazy!!🥵
This Alaska Girl is going to melt!! LOL We will be there one week from today! Woot!!

It's great hearing all of these positive experiences. I was nervous about our upcoming trip without Maxpass or Genie+ so it's good to know a wonderful time is still possible! (Although I'd still really like to know when Genie+ will start for planning purposes.) But please keep the reports coming!

Dang, I can't find it. Like I can't even see evening reservations at all for Plaza. Well I was going with if I get them I get them but if I don't I don't since I would want to book opening night I knew it would be hard.
I had to change my settings to united states english to be able to see it.

omg that is so weird but thank you! I had checked app, multiple browers and links and couldnt find it! Now I have opening day booked :)
It is so annoying that happens. I don't know why it makes a difference we should all be able to view and purchase the same things.

Today surpassed my expectations!

1. Checked in at VGC at 2:15 pm, expecting room not to be ready and to drop off bags with Bell Services, but was floored when they said I could go straight to my room. I can't remember when was the last time that happened! Maybe it has something to do with me not specifying a room preference this time?

2. No waits longer than 30 minutes. Entered DCA at 2:45 pm and finished Soaring at 3:20 pm. We went to Cars Land via Avenger Campus and was surprised to see Web Slingers STANDBY and SINGLE RIDER lines in operation!!! I chatted with the CM and she said they are testing this format. I told her I love it! Virtual queues are so stressful. This way, I can control whether I want to wait standby at a time that works for me. We jumped into the standby queue (40 minutes stated, 30 minutes actual) even though it was tempting to go to Single Rider. Since it's my daughter's my first time, we decided we want to do the ride together.

3. Toy Story Mania wait was also not bad--25 minutes. My daughter and I teamed up successfully and she got deer while I got cat...her first time getting deer and good enough for Top Score of the Day!

4. Found a Disney Home Store in Downtown Disney (not sure how long they've been there but it was my first time noticing it). They have such cute stuff in there but one look at the price tag brought me back to earth. I did get a dish towel with my daughter's employee discount and she was so proud to declare this would be her gift to me.

5. Finished the day with dinner at Naples and dessert at Salt N Straw--the sweet potato walnut streusel flavor was to die for, too bad it's just a seasonal flavor.

Looking forward to tomorrow and hoping to be successful with the RoTR 7 am drop. Definitely bring your jacket and sweater even during the day as the indoor air conditioning is freezing. Glad to see CMs strictly enforcing mask wearing indoors. At one ride, guest exposed his nose above mask in the ride vehicle and CM would not start ride until he put it back properly.

Last edited:
Today is my only day off before we leave so packing day it is!! I don’t know why it makes me so anxious to pack. I know anything I forget I can just go to the store and get but my brain doesn’t seem to care :scared:

I managed to trip a couple nights ago at work “very graceful I’m sure”. Bruised both of my palms/wrists and one knee is pretty sore. What timing I have. All I could think of was no way please don’t be broken!!!! I am getting on that plane in a week!!!

Today is my only day off before we leave so packing day it is!! I don’t know why it makes me so anxious to pack. I know anything I forget I can just go to the store and get but my brain doesn’t seem to care :scared:

I managed to trip a couple nights ago at work “very graceful I’m sure”. Bruised both of my palms/wrists and one knee is pretty sore. What timing I have. All I could think of was no way please don’t be broken!!!! I am getting on that plane in a week!!!
Oh, I can so relate!! The other day on my run ( I run on a gravelly, hilly road) I tripped coming down the hill and as I was falling, what was in my head? "PLEASE don't let this mess up my Disneyland trip!!" Thankfully, just scrapes and bruises and a wounded ego resulted. Priorities! :D

Starting to feel like this trip isn’t meant to happen. We were packing Sunday everything was great and then hubby noticed his perm resident card had expired :furious:

Now we have changed plans and are driving down instead. We have renewed his card but it takes months to hear back and getting anyone on the phone isn’t possible. So flights are cancelled and road trip it is. Repacked last night into totes that will fit in my car.
Hoping he can get Friday off so we can start our trek down on Thursday. If not we will miss one park day.
I had been complaining that my car I got in Jan 2020 hasn’t been driven far. Haha well that is about to change. Vancouver island to California here we go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter