***Official DLR November 2021 Check-in Thread***

Which Walgreens location were you looking at? I didn't see one that offers the ID Now test in the Anaheim area. Although, it's quite possible that I totally missed it. :)
I don't think you missed anything... I think the Walgreens just has PCR for locations near disneyland. I have read so many things I can't keep it straight anymore.

Hello! We will be in the parks the 9-11. It's both happy (my daughter turns 18 2 weeks later, spouse turns 53,i turn 45 a month later) and sad (spouse had bad semi annual post cancer labs, and he's in the restest and more test phase)

We went to WDW once, 8 years ago. We are NYERS who have never been to DL, or CA for that matter. Any tips for us for the parks? If it matters, spouse is a guide dog user, and I'll be renting a scooter thing (post Covid heart crap).

GIVE ME YOUR WISDOM.
I am so sorry to hear about your spouses cancer labs... I am sorry I don't know much about using a guide dog in the parks but I am sure someone will be able to chime in and give you some advice.

Have a great trip!!

I am starting to think about what we would like to accomplish in the parks each day, being only myself and dh it will easy to just spend some time enjoying the parks etc. The first day we get to the parks is 14th, I expect it to be busy being a Sunday. Can't wait to see everyone dressed up for the Dapper Day!!

I have been watching some vlogs on the Genie + and it seems like it is pretty close to Max Pass. The biggest difference being only one attraction per day which sucks and maybe they will change that down the road. I would like to see it released now so some glitches can be worked out before we are there. I have never been to the parks without some sort of fast pass system so it definitely will be strange not to have that as part of our days.

Anyone started packing yet?

I'm not sad that we picked Sunday to (start at) DCA instead of DL, with the whole Dapper Days thing. I did tell my husband that I'm quite sure we'll feel under dressed!

I haven't started packing but I did have my first anxiety dream (it was very silly, as they always are).

The only thing I'm currently wondering about is how Christmas-y can I go during the days? Like, should I pack ALL my Christmas masks (most of them are Disney)? All the Christmas mouse ears? These are the important questions of my time. ;)

I'm not sad that we picked Sunday to (start at) DCA instead of DL, with the whole Dapper Days thing. I did tell my husband that I'm quite sure we'll feel under dressed!

I haven't started packing but I did have my first anxiety dream (it was very silly, as they always are).

The only thing I'm currently wondering about is how Christmas-y can I go during the days? Like, should I pack ALL my Christmas masks (most of them are Disney)? All the Christmas mouse ears? These are the important questions of my time. ;)
Funny I was thinking about my ears the other day and if I will be able to wear them with a mask on. I will have to dress up at at work for Halloween the next two Saturdays so I will try a mask with my ears and see how it goes. That is as much of a costume I will wear.

I bought a mickey Christmas t-shirt from walmart the other day when we were shopping and my husband just shook his head and laughed. I thought I would wear it the night we do the party!!

I say go for it wear your masks and ears!! We have all been cooped up to long and need some fun in our lives.

I had my first Disney anxiety dream last night that woke me up out of a dead sleep. It was so silly but we were waiting forever for Cinderella’s Royal table (I know, not DLR) and no one would help us. We wound up waiting three hours and missing so many rides.

Funny I was thinking about my ears the other day and if I will be able to wear them with a mask on. I will have to dress up at at work for Halloween the next two Saturdays so I will try a mask with my ears and see how it goes. That is as much of a costume I will wear.

I bought a mickey Christmas t-shirt from walmart the other day when we were shopping and my husband just shook his head and laughed. I thought I would wear it the night we do the party!!

I say go for it wear your masks and ears!! We have all been cooped up to long and need some fun in our lives.

It's totally do-able - I went to WDW in June and wore masks and ears (in fact, I even have some matching sets that will be returning for this trip)!

I had my first Disney anxiety dream last night that woke me up out of a dead sleep. It was so silly but we were waiting forever for Cinderella’s Royal table (I know, not DLR) and no one would help us. We wound up waiting three hours and missing so many rides.

Mine was that we couldn't quite seem to get the taxi back to the airport and then I slipped and fell in the mud and my husband lost our suitcases and and....

I am! Had to pull out my bins of Christmas to find it all but I will be celebrating since I only go to the parks once a year! I went to DL in 2017 for November 11th time too and it's funny I did have a couple CM comment on my Christmas stuff being like "it's so early" and I was like, uh, it's holidays in the park people. One person actually said something about waiting until after Thanksgiving and I was like, I had mine already, thank you very much.

I went to WDW in April when it was full-time masks. Had zero problem with Disney ears, even when taking on and off for pictures and eating.

As much as you like, the parks are already selling Christmas clothes. And the 12th is officially Christmas in Disneyland.
Darn! We are one day too early. I was really hoping for genie as well and especially the new pre arrival DAS system. Not sure if that will come to fruition for our trip.
Often times a ride can reopen the day before what is listed. Even if it's not listed as open or a wait time (soft open)

I notice the Holiday parade begins on the 12th. I don't see any fireworks listed. I was hoping for holiday fireworks beginning on the 12th too--any ideas about this?

I notice the Holiday parade begins on the 12th. I don't see any fireworks listed. I was hoping for holiday fireworks beginning on the 12th too--any ideas about this?
The website says they will be starting November 12th until Jan 9th on select nights. It's always Fri-Sat-Sun so I would be shocked if it didn't start that night. Disneyland is just sooooooo slow at releasing new time schedules when new things begin.

Hello! We will be in the parks the 9-11. It's both happy (my daughter turns 18 2 weeks later, spouse turns 53,i turn 45 a month later) and sad (spouse had bad semi annual post cancer labs, and he's in the restest and more test phase)

We went to WDW once, 8 years ago. We are NYERS who have never been to DL, or CA for that matter. Any tips for us for the parks? If it matters, spouse is a guide dog user, and I'll be renting a scooter thing (post Covid heart crap).

GIVE ME YOUR WISDOM.

I am excited for you and your family. We are from NY also. We went to DL two years ago for the first time for my daughter and my first time in over 20 years. We will be flying in on the 9th and coming home on the 14th. I would recommend figuring out what you have to do attraction wise and go there first once you get in the park. When we went we would do rope drop and then hit up a couple of rides and go to Red Rose Tavern for the Mickey Pancakes when they open up and then wander around from there and hit up rides based on wait times. Mid afternoon we would head back to the resort and hang out at the poll for a bit or take a nap and then head back over around dinner time. The rest of the dining we did was all quick service or the pool menu at Disneyland Hotel.

Biggest thing that you will find that is different from WDW is that everything is right there and you can walk between the parks if you have park hoppers. Everything feels closer and you won't spend as much time walking from one place to the next which is something I really enjoy.

Where are you flying out of/into? We are flying from Syracuse to Newark on the evening of the 8th and then to LAX on the morning of the 9th so that we can hopefully be at the hotel by 1:30ish.

Hello Everyone!!!!!
First time every on the west coast and first time this 15 time WDW Veteran is going to Disneyland!!!! I still don't know where we are staying but OMG, We are going to Disneyland. Dates are November 19-November 22.

We'll be there around the same time. We're WDW locals, so we've been there a TON. We've been to Disneyland several times and it's got a different vibe, but it's very special. I hope you enjoy your trip!

GIVE ME YOUR WISDOM.

I'm sorry to hear about your spouse's cancer labs. I'm a cancer survivor and get tested twice a year, so I know the worry that comes with each one. Cancer survivors have been to hell and back. I wish for healing for your spouse and a wonderful DL vacation for you and your family. I hope it will bring some joy and mental relief at a time when you need it.

Is there an appeal to eating dinner at River Belle Terrace? I like the idea of sitting down to an ADR, but the menu doesn't sound so appealing to us. Are there solid, reliable QS places in the park where we won't be stressed out ordering/finding a table?

Is there an appeal to eating dinner at River Belle Terrace? I like the idea of sitting down to an ADR, but the menu doesn't sound so appealing to us. Are there solid, reliable QS places in the park where we won't be stressed out ordering/finding a table?

I mean the best places to sit and eat left are less than thrilling? I often find a place to sit at French Market (I love the French dip sandwich they are now calling beef something or other. ) Hungry Bear often has tons of seating and you can bring food into there from say Bengal BBQ etc. I have no idea why Riverbelle Terrace is sticking to that menu. Tons of open reservations says no one wants what they are selling.

Leaving in 5 days… except I’ve just caught a really nasty sore throat. It better go away by Sunday because I spent way too much on that Oogie Boogie Bash ticket on Halloween and 5-day ticket the rest of the week to not be able to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter