• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official DLR November 2021 Check-in Thread***

Dining is opening up for our dates now, woohoo! Got Goofy's Kitchen for dinner for the day we land so far.

I have been able to get a few reservations for 11/9-10 but for some reason the 11th and 12th show no availability, not even at Downtown Disney. It's been like that since yesterday and hasn't updated today for the 12th.

Also, Savi's Workshop doesn't even have November dates open to select for reservations right now. Tons of them on the 31st of October but nothing starting 11/1.

I'm hoping it is because they are about to drop the Genie app upgrade on us but it is kind of close to be doing that.

As a couple of people mentioned, I will definitely get the Genie+ if it is available when we are there. We loved the Maxpass in 2019 when we went and since we can't go that often I'll pay the extra to get more rides in.

I have been able to get a few reservations for 11/9-10 but for some reason the 11th and 12th show no availability, not even at Downtown Disney. It's been like that since yesterday and hasn't updated today for the 12th.

Also, Savi's Workshop doesn't even have November dates open to select for reservations right now. Tons of them on the 31st of October but nothing starting 11/1.

I'm hoping it is because they are about to drop the Genie app upgrade on us but it is kind of close to be doing that.

As a couple of people mentioned, I will definitely get the Genie+ if it is available when we are there. We loved the Maxpass in 2019 when we went and since we can't go that often I'll pay the extra to get more rides in.
Have you heard of a date for the Genie app being dropped? All I read before was fall. Come on we need more info lol.

Our 60 days starts in a couple of days and I am getting nervous about starting the hunt for reservations...

Have you heard of a date for the Genie app being dropped? All I read before was fall. Come on we need more info lol.

Our 60 days starts in a couple of days and I am getting nervous about starting the hunt for reservations...

That's the same thing I have heard. Just sometime this fall. My window for our arrival date opened on Friday. Had no issues finding reservations Friday and Saturday. Still see openings on the 9th and 10th, just none for the 11th and 12th even though they are selectable.

We are booked November 12-15, 4 day tickets purchased. Hotel reservations at Element Anaheim resort.

I haven't made our park reservations yet. Since park hours and entertainment schedules aren't posted for November yet, it is hard to know which parks we want to be in on which days. Anyone else feel the same way? But, I don't want to wait too long to make our reservations since that is going to be a busy weekend. What to do??

Dawn

We are booked November 12-15, 4 day tickets purchased. Hotel reservations at Element Anaheim resort.

I haven't made our park reservations yet. Since park hours and entertainment schedules aren't posted for November yet, it is hard to know which parks we want to be in on which days. Anyone else feel the same way? But, I don't want to wait too long to make our reservations since that is going to be a busy weekend. What to do??

Dawn
I have made my park reservations but will change them if possible when they release hours etc. I am a planner so even if I need to change them it gives me something to do and look forward too.

Dawn

I made my park reservations a while back. Since we have the park hoppers it isn't as big of a deal what the hours are or if one of them closes early. As luck would have it I had planning on 11/11 being our day to start at DCA which pays off for us since I was able to get the Merriest Night tickets for that night and will be able to have a ton of extra time at the main park that night. 3 of the 4 days we are starting at the main park because we love to get the Mickey Pancakes at the Red Rose Tavern for breakfast. It's a little thing but we have been looking forward to them because for the life of us we couldn't find Mickey pancakes anywhere at WDW either of the trips we went.

I made my park reservations a while back. Since we have the park hoppers it isn't as big of a deal what the hours are or if one of them closes early. As luck would have it I had planning on 11/11 being our day to start at DCA which pays off for us since I was able to get the Merriest Night tickets for that night and will be able to have a ton of extra time at the main park that night. 3 of the 4 days we are starting at the main park because we love to get the Mickey Pancakes at the Red Rose Tavern for breakfast. It's a little thing but we have been looking forward to them because for the life of us we couldn't find Mickey pancakes anywhere at WDW either of the trips we went.
Perfect, I got us tickets for the Merriest Night for the 16th. We had to add an extra day to the trip because of flight changes so it worked out well. We will spend the morning at Knotts so hubby can do the scary rides that I have zero interest in doing.... then we can head into the park later that afternoon for the evening. My hopes are that we will be able to watch the fireworks and parade with lower crowds..

Perfect, I got us tickets for the Merriest Night for the 16th. We had to add an extra day to the trip because of flight changes so it worked out well. We will spend the morning at Knotts so hubby can do the scary rides that I have zero interest in doing.... then we can head into the park later that afternoon for the evening. My hopes are that we will be able to watch the fireworks and parade with lower crowds..
That works out perfect! Our timing misses the nights available for Merriest Night! Bummer!

We booked 11/13- 11/15 for our daughter's 10th birthday. We had flight credit, so flights were free! I originally booked the Grand Legacy, but I just booked The Grand Californian with Dapper Day rates! Woohoo! I am not telling the family until we get there. :) We will hit Dapper Day at DLH on Sunday as well.

We booked 11/13- 11/15 for our daughter's 10th birthday. We had flight credit, so flights were free! I originally booked the Grand Legacy, but I just booked The Grand Californian with Dapper Day rates! Woohoo! I am not telling the family until we get there. :) We will hit Dapper Day at DLH on Sunday as well.

We stayed there a couple of years ago. It was nice and also convenient because it is just on the other side. If we hadn't stayed at DLH for a week before that it would have felt even nicer. They have a good pizza place in the same building as the lobby on the street too.

Got the news yesterday that my children's school will require a 7 day quarantine if we travel outside our immediate area. No remote school option. So upsetting and just doesn't feel right. I'll wait until the last minute to cancel, but I'm not holding out hope.

That is incredibly ridiculous of the school to do that. I'm sorry that this extra stress has been added to your planning.

Got the news yesterday that my children's school will require a 7 day quarantine if we travel outside our immediate area. No remote school option. So upsetting and just doesn't feel right. I'll wait until the last minute to cancel, but I'm not holding out hope.
That is incredibly ridiculous of the school to do that. I'm sorry that this extra stress has been added to your planning.
This is exactly how it is for us as well, coming from Canada, except it's 2 weeks I have to keep my unvaxxed kid out of school and no remote/online learning options either. So we are leaving our 10yr old behind and going with our (fully vaxxed) 13yr old. TBH, my 10yr old isn't that bothered (if it were a cruise then she would be having 10 fits about it lol). Now my next worry is that the US says starting early November US visitors must be fully vaccinated. Up until now Canadians have been able to fly into the US regardless of their vaccination status. That changes in November and my husband and I have mixed vaccines (AZ/mRNA) that the US CDC does not currently recognize. So I might have to cancel November because of this. I'm beyond upset and frustrated, but not cancelling yet until we get word on what vaccines the US will allow.

I'm optimistic with the US opening up borders that I might be able to take a last minute trip if I can find the right price, but looking at this thread has made me realise I will maybe miss the boat for booking ride slots. Maybe I would be better waiting until early next year for the trip. I am already doing DLP in November, which has been planned for several months as the consolation prize for not being able to go to the original. I'm so conflicted! Can I really do both in the same month? Physically or financially!

Well, parents raised voices and within one day, school changed course and will offer remote option for anyone who travels. But this means 1 week remote after this early November trip followed by 1 week remote after Thanksgiving. Not sure if I want to have our kids go through that, nor us have to take off work to "manage" them. They are 5th grade and 3rd.........wish I could say it doesn't matter, but it feels like a bigger decision.

Made VGC reservation at the beginning of this year, keeping my fingers crossed. Today I purchased tickets and made park reservations, keeping my fingers crossed. I scored a LLL dining for the 21st:) I'm still hesitant to get excited and still keeping my fingers crossed. Now I have to read about how to see my newly purchased tickets online, but I do see them on the app. Is it November YET!

Made VGC reservation at the beginning of this year, keeping my fingers crossed. Today I purchased tickets and made park reservations, keeping my fingers crossed. I scored a LLL dining for the 21st:) I'm still hesitant to get excited and still keeping my fingers crossed. Now I have to read about how to see my newly purchased tickets online, but I do see them on the app. Is it November YET!
This trip is a lot of planning!!! I just want to get on the plane so I can feel like it is all real and we are actually going. I am to the point right now that we are going! of course in the back of my mind I keep thinking "Should we be going?" It is just hubby and myself both double vax and will wear masks etc. Always that little voice nagging at me though :confused3

We have been a few times since reopening, and we take extra precautions and are vaccinated. My husband tests when we return home and so far we have had no issues. We will double mask on indoor rides like Smugglers and Star Tours, and we mask up in outdoor lines.

Nov 6 - 13 (fly home 14th), Merriest Nites the 11th - staying at Ayres Orange hotel
Dining ressies for : Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, and Carnation Cafe. So far still can't get Oga's Cantina (but walk up could work for that).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter